The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Not sure I like this. Although DiceK and Schilling are both better on the road (so is Beckett for that matter), DiceK's splits are more pronounced. Plus I'd rather Schilling be in line to start a potential game 5.

They actually said that they moved Schilling back to rest him longer, and it would make Beckett and DiceK available for games 4 & 5 on normal rest if needed. Sounds like Schlling has really moved down in the pecking order.

Here's the full LDS schedule:

Wednesday, October 3rd

3:00 pm ET: COL/SD @ PHI (Game 1)

6:30 pm ET: LAA @ BOS (Game 1)

10:00 pm ET: CHI @ ARI (Game 1)

Thursday, October 4th

3:00 pm ET: COL/SD @ PHI (Game 2)

6:30 pm ET: NYY @ CLE (Game 1)

10:00 pm ET: CHI @ ARI (Game 2)

Friday, October 5th

5:00 pm ET: NYY @ CLE (Game 2)

8:30 pm ET: LAA @ BOS (Game 2)

Saturday, October 6th

6:00 pm ET: ARI @ CHI (Game 3)

9:30 pm ET: PHI @ COL/SD (Game 3)

Sunday, October 7th

1:00 pm ET: ARI @ CHI (Game 4, if necessary) on TNT

3:00 pm ET: BOS @ LAA (Game 3)

6:30 pm ET: CLE @ NYY (Game 3)

10:00 pm ET: PHI @ COL/SD (Game 4, if necessary)

Monday, October 8th

6:00 pm ET: CLE @ NYY (Game 4, if necessary)

9:30 pm ET: BOS @ LAA (Game 4, if necessary)

If only one game will be played on Monday, then game time shifts to 7:30 pm ET.

Tuesday, October 9th

6:30 pm ET: COL/SD @ PHI (Game 5, if necessary)

10:00 pm ET: CHI @ ARI (Game 5, if necessary)

If only one game will be played on Tuesday, then game time shifts to 8:30 pm ET.

Wednesday, October 10th

5:00 pm ET: NYY @ CLE (Game 5, if necessary)

8:30 pm ET: LAA @ BOS (Game 5, if necessary)

If only one game will be played on Wednesday, then game time shifts to 8:30 pm ET.

I'm sorry Jan, but I want the Rockies to win as well. Rockies as the underdog.. gotta love that. Cubbies beat the Backs, Rockies beat the Phillies, Cubs/Rockies go on and face the Yanks in the WS. I wouldn't mind that scenario. Who knows, maybe we'd help the Rockies win a title like we did with Florida. ;)

Edit: Padres are winning now 4-3 from a grandslam...

6-6 going to the 9th. Doesn't get much better than this. Easy for me to say since I don't have a dog in this fight.

Also, I thought that ball Atkins hit in the 7th was gone. I thought so when I saw it live, and it looks like it was on the replays too.

Wow.

Don't know what more can be said after watching that game. Who'd figure Peavy and Hoffman would be the weakest links among the Pads pitchers. The Rox are something else though. The series between them and Philly should be a sight to see.

Matt Holliday still hasn't touched home plate.

Side note, it was weird to hear Orsillo doing a non-Sox game.

Those Rockies just might do some damage in the playoffs. I think it's fair to say that Mets fans are rooting for them right about now :P

Rockies would make for a great story. As for God's team, we'll take any support we can get ;) .

No times yet on any of the games???????? Medford, are you hearing anything about times up there? This is just killing me not knowing, especially since the first two games are also Canes games here. All I can say is The Deck and Damons better have that baseball game on!

Are you taking the family to the rally on City Hall Plaza this afternoon?

Pitchers for games 1,2 & 3 Beckett, DiceK and Schilling in that order.

Actually no rally as its my sons birthday today. I am so busy at work, so

when I do get home early today, will will take him out to pizza

6-6 going to the 9th. Doesn't get much better than this. Easy for me to say since I don't have a dog in this fight.

Also, I thought that ball Atkins hit in the 7th was gone. I thought so when I saw it live, and it looks like it was on the replays too.

Ok, settle down Mike Vick...sorry, couldn't resist.

What a game last night. Sorry Jan, but the Rockies have really shown something these last few weeks. Looks like all the match ups are looking very interesting for each playoff series.

Oh yeah...still waiting for Matt Halliday to cross the plate......

Hearing Don Orsillo call the game last night was similar to hearing John Forslund calling the playoff games for Versus last year, very strange.

What a game last night. Sorry Jan, but the Rockies have really shown something these last few weeks. Looks like all the match ups are looking very interesting for each playoff series.

Hearing Don Orsillo call the game last night was similar to hearing John Forslund calling the playoff games for Versus last year, very strange.

Also who is the RF with the chicken arm on SD?

My fav of all time Dewey Evans throws the runner out by 5 feet easily ;)

I dont know... He didn't look safe, but hey.. I wanted the Rocks in (sorry Jan)... it would be like the Rays getting in..

Thanks Warbird B)

now for my pics

I like Boston in 5

NY in 4

Cubs in 4 (yes I hope they win)

and the Rox in 5

Im m aking total homer picks for the east :lol:

Red Sox in 5

Indians in 4

Cubs in 4

Rockies in 5

Thanks Warbird B)

now for my pics

I like Boston in 5

NY in 4

Cubs in 4 (yes I hope they win)

and the Rox in 5

Im m aking total homer picks for the east :lol:

Red Sox in 5

Indians in 4

Cubs in 4

Rockies in 5

I'm terrible when it comes to predicting how many games.. so... Yanks and Sox, and Cubs and Rox... then hopefully Yanks and Rox/Cubs, with the Yanks with the win. (Anyone of those 3 teams I would be happy about. )

Complete game for Beckett... 3 Post season shut outs... wow..

4 hits, 0 Walks, 8 K

I didn't get to see any of that game but.......

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete game for Beckett... 3 Post season shut outs... wow..

4 hits, 0 Walks, 8 K

I didn't get to see any of that game but.......

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept up with it on my phone and watched bits of it from my DVR at home and Beckett was straight filthy tonight. Complete game, 19 straight retired in a row, 97-98 consistently, command of his curve and got outstanding catches by Coco and Ellsbury. Ortiz just did what he does in the postseason and Youk looks healthy.

Dice K goes on long rest (all indications are that long rest for Dice means a good start) and Escobar is starting after being shut down with shoulder fatigue.

GO SOX!!

I kept up with it on my phone and watched bits of it from my DVR at home and Beckett was straight filthy tonight. Complete game, 19 straight retired in a row, 97-98 consistently, command of his curve and got outstanding catches by Coco and Ellsbury. Ortiz just did what he does in the postseason and Youk looks healthy.

Dice K goes on long rest (all indications are that long rest for Dice means a good start) and Escobar is starting after being shut down with shoulder fatigue.

GO SOX!!

At one point I ran over to The Deck to get a quick update and saw a bunch of Sox fans there. Were you one of them? I'd ask if you were the guy in the Red Sox hat but that would account for at least 1/4 of the arena......umm...all but the lowly Yankee fan sitting behind us ;)

GO SOX!!

At one point I ran over to The Deck to get a quick update and saw a bunch of Sox fans there. Were you one of them? I'd ask if you were the guy in the Red Sox hat but that would account for at least 1/4 of the arena......umm...all but the lowly Yankee fan sitting behind us ;)

Nope. I stayed in my seat most of the time, but yeah I definetly saw a bunch of Sox hats there tonight.

I'm so psyched for the Sox in the postseason right now. If we can just keep the Halos off the base-paths then we should be fine, Dice is on long rest and Schill looked great in September and always gets geared up for the big game. If we can hold off the Angles then I'm hoping the Tribe lays it on the Yanks and then we can match up our great staff against theirs. I love playing the Yanks and beating them in the postseason, but I'd like a little less stress right now. ;)