The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

So how much money do you think MLB will make if the Yanks/Sox end up battling for the AL pennant, and the World Series comes down to the Sox/Cubbies?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If only the NHL could get a small piece of that...

So how much money do you think MLB will make if the Yanks/Sox end up battling for the AL pennant, and the World Series comes down to the Sox/Cubbies?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If only the NHL could get a small piece of that...

I would not be so sure Nostadamus :rolleyes:

dont be suprised if the Yanks lose to Cleveland

LOL, Nostradamus :lol: .

Let's see, Wang-Pettite-Clemens. The first game is a good match up. The second game could goe either was as Pettite has struggled as of late but he's a big game pitcher and could easily take it up a knotch. You're third game is resting on the hope of an aged and hurting pitcher who has not exactly been the knight in shining armour he was billed to be. I like the Tribe's chances not because I don't want the Yanks to win, but because good pitching always overcomes good hitting in the post season. The Indians have scary good starting pitching and the Yanks don't...its that simple. I'll be happy to eat my words if the outcome proves otherwise.

I would not be so sure Nostadamus :rolleyes:

dont be suprised if the Yanks lose to Cleveland

LOL, Nostradamus :lol: .

Let's see, Wang-Pettite-Clemens. The first game is a good match up. The second game could goe either was as Pettite has struggled as of late but he's a big game pitcher and could easily take it up a knotch. You're third game is resting on the hope of an aged and hurting pitcher who has not exactly been the knight in shining armour he was billed to be. I like the Tribe's chances not because I don't want the Yanks to win, but because good pitching always overcomes good hitting in the post season. The Indians have scary good starting pitching and the Yanks don't...its that simple. I'll be happy to eat my words if the outcome proves otherwise.

Pettitte was HOT in August and September, losing twice his last 10 starts (going back to August 12). And as for Clemens, I wouldn't talk with Schilling being in the club. Of course, things go entirely different in the post season, so we'll have to see. I want Yanks/Sox, then Yanks/Rox or Yanks/Cubs (1912!)

BTW., Grand slam by Kaz Matsui to help the Rocks lead 6-3.. go Rocks!

Pettitte was HOT in August and September, losing twice his last 10 starts (going back to August 12). And as for Clemens, I wouldn't talk with Schilling being in the club. Of course, things go entirely different in the post season, so we'll have to see. I want Yanks/Sox, then Yanks/Rox or Yanks/Cubs (1912!)

I actually want Yanks vs Sox as well. Unlike some who are so cocky about their team no matter

what and Caniac23 I do not mean you ;)

At one point I ran over to The Deck to get a quick update and saw a bunch of Sox fans there. Were you one of them? I'd ask if you were the guy in the Red Sox hat but that would account for at least 1/4 of the arena......umm...all but the lowly Yankee fan sitting behind us ;)

I was there during the 2nd intermission.

Wang has a major split between his home & road numbers. At home he's got a 2.75 ERA and .235 Opp. BA, on the road those numbers 4.91 and .300. Huge difference. I think the Tribe almost has to win to win tonight though. Pettitte-Cormona is a coin flip and I don't like their chances with Jake Westbrook and Paul Byrd pitching in Yankee Stadium, regardless of the Yanks' own issues in that part of their rotation.

Yeah, I know.. ;)

'

Man... Rox are now 8-3... good for them..scratch that, 9-3! Kaz Matsui with a grand slam, triple, and a double. jut needs a single... 5 rbi's in the day for him.

I'll agree after the Rox clinch on Sat. After 04's Upset (you all know what I'm talking about).. I don't count my eggs any more.

Edit: 10-3 now. Coors Field is going to be a mad house.

I'll agree after the Rox clinch on Sat. After 04's Upset (you all know what I'm talking about).. I don't count my eggs any more.

I won't mind if they make me eat those words. I (and I'm sure everyone else as well) thought this series would be a lot closer, so at least it'd be more interesting to watch.

Good for them, They deserve to win as the Rox have struggled a lot in recent years.

I did not realize how good Matt Holiday is. He is a stud.

Good luck tonight Caniac23 B) I want to see the Series most of us want. :D

Good for them, They deserve to win as the Rox have struggled a lot in recent years.

I did not realize how good Matt Holiday is. He is a stud.

Good luck tonight Caniac23 B) I want to see the Series most of us want. :D

Yeah, Holliday's amazing.

Go Rockies!

I totally agree that Schilling could go either way too. Fortunately he's looked good the last two outings and will have plenty of rest by Sunday.

So Warbird, was that you in the Red Sox hat??? :lol: (among all the others)

Rockies have the intangibles.....confidence and immortality.

Are you getting antzy C23?

I totally agree that Schilling could go either way too. Fortunately he's looked good the last two outings and will have plenty of rest by Sunday.

So Warbird, was that you in the Red Sox hat??? :lol: (among all the others)

Rockies have the intangibles.....confidence and immortality.

Are you getting antzy C23?

Man.. Yanks need to win, and Arod needs to continue onto the playoffs. I need to see him come up big... even if we lose, if he's made some hits, stopped some line drives, then I'm fine with him again. But if he chokes again... then I dunno if he'll be coming back.

Oh man, C23, you better get a cold one and sit back cause its gonna be a long night. :blink:

Oh man, C23, you better get a cold one and sit back cause its gonna be a long night. :blink:

If I drank those, I would... I've been cleaning the house, trying not to worry... figure put this tension to good use, ya know! :) On a good note, we've gotten to Sabathia, over 50 pitches in 2 innings... and it' only 1-3 right now.. Hopefully, the top of the lineup can continue working him and making some leads (and hopefully keeping them! )