The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

I blame the bugs! THEY cost us the game... How "convienent" for them to hatch right around then, eh??

sorry caniac that sucked the way they lost

but as a Sox fan, tonight was great with the person who aggravates me the

most getting it done.. Great work Manny.

Dice K was shaky but the bullpen did the job.

Awesome win :D

Now Norstradamus how are the picks goin ;)

Been a crappy night. Now I'm hoping the Rockies go all the way and burn every team in front of them (IF the Yanks dont make it, of course lol)

Manny's homer just landed on my roof.

Best post of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff said.

Manny's homer just landed on my roof.

Best post of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff said.

Been a crappy night. Now I'm hoping the Rockies go all the way and burn every team in front of them (IF the Yanks dont make it, of course lol)

at least the Canes won ;)

I feel your pain. I live in NE and have to hear how great they are every day. It is very annoying and most of their fans

are quite arrogant. My Broncos look like an expansion team so just remember, we can win every year and I am being sincere here, not as any type of fan but just as a fan of sports.

I LOVE THAT DIRTY WATER!!!!

Dice was shaky, but he's been wearing down big time at the end of the season. Get him some more rest before his next start and then get him into a program over the Winter to get him more prolonged endurance. The offense was patient, the Bullpen was AMAZING, and Manny was just being Manny.

Dice was shaky, but he's been wearing down big time at the end of the season. Get him some more rest before his next start and then get him into a program over the Winter to get him more prolonged endurance. The offense was patient, the Bullpen was AMAZING, and Manny was just being Manny.

Actually, the lead story on RS.com was "Manny being Papi" :lol:

C23 and Gip, that was a heartache for you last night. I too would love to see a Sox/Yanks match up but those two losses are gonna be tough to get past.

But......if any team can re-group and find a way to come back, the Yankees can as they proved over the course of the season. Home field will do them a ton of good. I have tons of respect for Joe Torre and hope that he doesn't get blamed if things don't turn out well.

On another note, there are some unbelievably scary good teams left playing baseball right now. The next round for the AL & NL pennants is going to be intense.

Actually, the lead story on RS.com was "Manny being Papi" :lol:

C23 and Gip, that was a heartache for you last night. I too would love to see a Sox/Yanks match up but those two losses are gonna be tough to get past.

But......if any team can re-group and find a way to come back, the Yankees can as they proved over the course of the season. Home field will do them a ton of good. I have tons of respect for Joe Torre and hope that he doesn't get blamed if things don't turn out well.

On another note, there are some unbelievably scary good teams left playing baseball right now. The next round for the AL & NL pennants is going to be intense.

I blame the bugs! THEY cost us the game... How "convienent" for them to hatch right around then, eh??

Great pitchers duel, strange ending for sure. Go Tribe.....

For you Yankee fans there is a great article in Sports Illustrated on Chamberlain if you haven't seen it. I hate the Yankees for sure, but this kid will be amazing. We'll have to bring the midges to NY next year when we play you. :lol:

From a Dan Wetzel column on Yahoo Sports....

Perhaps, after all these years and all these Cleveland losses, God decided to become an Indians fan. He certainly couldn't have picked a better time or the better Old Testament vengeance for fouling up the Yankees.

Drought, mildew and famine would have lacked the immediate impact. Pestilence would have been too mean; fire mixed with blood too messy; grasshoppers, probably too obvious.

Sorry IrishIce.

That bases loaded GIDP was a killer. Guess the decision to pull Zambrano to hold him for game that ended up never happening will go down in infamy now.

The Rockies sweep the Phillies! WOOHOO! Man... outstanding.. first time in NLCS history that two teams from the Western division will meet. I bet Mets fans are loving this right now! :)

w00t for the Rockies! :D

We might as well crown them the new World Series champs... ;)

hehehehe........