The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Masterson is ranked as our 3rd best pitching prospect (no. 4 overall) by http://soxprospects.com/' target="_blank">soxprospects.com[/post], behind Clay Buchholz and Michael Bowden. He's been tearing up AA lately.

Then I'm all for giving them Hansen and Willie Mo.

Masterson is ranked as our 3rd best pitching prospect (no. 4 overall) by http://soxprospects.com/' target="_blank">soxprospects.com[/post], behind Clay Buchholz and Michael Bowden. He's been tearing up AA lately.

Then I'm all for giving them Hansen and Willie Mo.

Just don't take Tampa's CARLOS Pena and i'll be happy :)

How bout we take Kasmir?

How bout we take Kasmir?

Yeah, he's been a good signing for them this year.

Okay, you can have Kasmir, but we'll keep KaZmir :P

It's hard being a Rays fan haha....

:ph34r: we'll take him too.

Okay, you can have Kasmir, but we'll keep KaZmir :P

It's hard being a Rays fan haha....

:ph34r: we'll take him too.

No no. The Yanks will throw large amounts of money at Kazmir to have subpar 4 years, only to be traded 2 years into it for those subpar years and then win Cy Young awards with a team like the Jays, Indians, Diamondbacks, or Dodgers. lol

No no. The Yanks will throw large amounts of money at Kazmir to have subpar 4 years, only to be traded 2 years into it for those subpar years and then win Cy Young awards with a team like the Jays, Indians, Diamondbacks, or Dodgers. lol

Hmmm, that does sound a wee bit familiar.

Or better yet you could wait till the Sox get him, win the World Series, refuse to re-sign him for long term contract and have him end up either constantly injured or on the DL after agreeing to pay him a huge sum of money for 5 years :P .

*cough Johnny Damon cough*

Or better yet you could wait till the Sox get him, win the World Series, refuse to re-sign him for long term contract and have him end up either constantly injured or on the DL after agreeing to pay him a huge sum of money for 5 years :P .

It's pretty sick knowing Kazmir only makes $424k for being such a darn good pitcher. He won't be in Tampa when his contract is up since the Rays don't put any money out for players.

Also applies to Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright, the list goes on and on..

It's pretty sick knowing Kazmir only makes $424k for being such a darn good pitcher. He won't be in Tampa when his contract is up since the Rays don't put any money out for players.

Hey, have Rays trade Kazmir for Kei Igawa! :) He'll get along with Iwamora(sp?).. could also goto the Mariners since Johima and Ichiro have said they'd like to have him.

Naa, Aki Iwamura will stay with the Rays because hes cheap and he's a pretty good 3rd baseman. He isn't the best batter, but boy oh boy he has speed. I know during local interviews, Carl Crawford says he wants to leave because he is tired of being on a losing team. Well, no one made him sign a 4year deal with the Rays in 2005! BoSox don't need a left fielder though and I don't recall seeing C.C. ever play right field. I still believe the Rays have a good batting lineup, but the bullpen has always been terriable and the fielding has been gross. I'm going to go ahead and buy my tickets for the Sep. 22th game vs the Red Sox and hope either Kazmir or Shields pitches for the Rays.

Naa, Aki Iwamura will stay with the Rays because hes cheap and he's a pretty good 3rd baseman. He isn't the best batter, but boy oh boy he has speed. I know during local interviews, Carl Crawford says he wants to leave because he is tired of being on a losing team. Well, no one made him sign a 4year deal with the Rays in 2005! BoSox don't need a left fielder though and I don't recall seeing C.C. ever play right field. I still believe the Rays have a good batting lineup, but the bullpen has always been terriable and the fielding has been gross. I'm going to go ahead and buy my tickets for the Sep. 22th game vs the Red Sox and hope either Kazmir or Shields pitches for the Rays.

That would be AWESOME if Yankees got crawford. Don't resign Abreu, and sign Crawford. Whenever I play MLB the show, whether it's Career, Franchise, whatever, they always get Crawford. Ridiculous. But hey, if Crawford wants to talk Kazmir into coming to the Yanks, that'll be great.

That would be AWESOME if Yankees got crawford. Don't resign Abreu, and sign Crawford. Whenever I play MLB the show, whether it's Career, Franchise, whatever, they always get Crawford. Ridiculous. But hey, if Crawford wants to talk Kazmir into coming to the Yanks, that'll be great.

I hope Kaz doesn't go to the Yanks. I figure C.C. will leave the Rays when his contract is up. Yanks throw money around like nothin so who knows!

I hope Kaz doesn't go to the Yanks. I figure C.C. will leave the Rays when his contract is up. Yanks throw money around like nothin so who knows!

Unfortunately, that is true. I understand to make some, you've got to spend some. But they can be ridiculous sometimes. I like the Rays partially because they're so close to us here, and because they suck so much. They're like the underdogs, kind of like the Canes use to be. If Price is as good as they say he is, he is going to be a dominant pitcher. Price, Shields, possibly Kazmir if he truly loves Tampa and doesn't care it sucks that bad. They just need a big big bat. They had Abreu when they first started, but traded him because they didn't think he was that good. (Which they were right, just later on in life)

A major league source told the Globe's Gordon Edes on Monday that the price tag remained too high on a deal that would bring Jermaine Dye to Boston: "Remember, these situations are fluid, but while the White Sox remain hopeful of persuading the Sox to make a deal for outfielder Jermaine Dye, the price remains too high for Boston. Chicago would take Wily Mo Pena but want either Manny Delcarmen or Justin Masterson. The Red Sox will not part with either for a rent-a-player like Dye, who is eligible for free agency after the season. There is a decent chance that the Red Sox will not make a substantive deal before tomorrow's 4 p.m. deadline, but stay tuned."

Looks like the Dye talks are, well, dying. As expected, the snag is about what prospects we give up.

A major league source told the Globe's Gordon Edes on Monday that the price tag remained too high on a deal that would bring Jermaine Dye to Boston: "Remember, these situations are fluid, but while the White Sox remain hopeful of persuading the Sox to make a deal for outfielder Jermaine Dye, the price remains too high for Boston. Chicago would take Wily Mo Pena but want either Manny Delcarmen or Justin Masterson. The Red Sox will not part with either for a rent-a-player like Dye, who is eligible for free agency after the season. There is a decent chance that the Red Sox will not make a substantive deal before tomorrow's 4 p.m. deadline, but stay tuned."

Looks like the Dye talks are, well, dying. As expected, the snag is about what prospects we give up.

Just heard the latest. Since the talks about Dye are "dying out", the Red Sox are now looking at closer Gagne (sp). We have one of the best closers in the league so I have no idea why.

Braves are talking to the Reds about Bronson Arroyo and also did aquire Dotel.

Just heard the latest. Since the talks about Dye are "dying out", the Red Sox are now looking at closer Gagne (sp). We have one of the best closers in the league so I have no idea why.

Braves are talking to the Reds about Bronson Arroyo and also did aquire Dotel.

Plus Gagne has made it clear he wants to stay a closer, so I don't know where we're going with that.

Only thing I can think of is a three-way deal. Does Chicago need a closer?

Braves are really going for it.