The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

w00t for the Rockies! :D

We might as well crown them the new World Series champs... ;)

hehehehe........

Okay, so maybe I'm delusional. What of it? :lol:

But seriously, the Rockies will probably beat the D-Backs. At least I hope they will.

The Rockies are a great story and sure have a lot of momentum heading into this next series. I think the Rockies will win but its gonna be a battle, I don't see any sweep here.

How strange would it be if all 4 series that went 2-0, also swept?

Sorry C23, not saying it'll happen, just putting that thought out there. ;)

Okay, so maybe I'm delusional. What of it? :lol:

But seriously, the Rockies will probably beat the D-Backs. At least I hope they will.

The Rockies are a great story and sure have a lot of momentum heading into this next series. I think the Rockies will win but its gonna be a battle, I don't see any sweep here.

No no, understandable. I'm hoping the Sox and Yanks meet in the ALCS. With a Rox/Yanks matchup. Although, marketingi Rox/Sox wouldn't be bad. lol

When bothy Manny and Papi hit back-to-back HR's, I like our chances of wrapping it up today.

When bothy Manny and Papi hit back-to-back HR's, I like our chances of wrapping it up today.

Aint it sweet. Another moon shot by Manny. Felt like it was never seriously in doubt once we got the lead. We even gave the Angels the charity of bringing in Gagne so they wouldn't get shutout.

We have a Trot sighting!

Aint it sweet. Another moon shot by Manny. Felt like it was never seriously in doubt once we got the lead. We even gave the Angels the charity of bringing in Gagne so they wouldn't get shutout.

We have a Trot sighting!

Trot! That Red Sox blood is still in him, hitting that blast against Roger, LOL.

You know, even though Gagme blew the shutout, even he couldn't possibly blow a 9-0 lead......right?

We have a Trot sighting!

Trot! That Red Sox blood is still in him, hitting that blast against Roger, LOL.

You know, even though Gagme blew the shutout, even he couldn't possibly blow a 9-0 lead......right?

Yup, there still is some Boston Blood in Trot still... thanks for missing the ball. Man.. I hope we can outshine Cleveland tomorrow night, and meet the Sox in the ALCS again.

Edit: THIS is the Joba that I know. This kid has been FILTHY. Let's hope he can carry it through the 8th.

The Yanks are gonna cut it to 2 games to 1 after the ninth tonight, but I think Cleveland will still win it on one condition. Eric Wedge MUST pitch Sabathia and Carmona on short rest in games 4 and 5 respectively. Paul Byrd against the Yanks at the Stadium doesn't bode well for the Tribe.

I want this Cleveland/Yanks series to finish really soon though because I don't want the Sox to get rusty!!

GO SOX!!

Sabathia is pitching game 5, along with Pettitte... dunno who pitches game 4 for the Yanks. Maybe Ian Kennedy. I hope so... kid's been AWESOME all year going from the farm to here.. If Mussina pitches... I dunno.. he's been so-so... either really good, or he just gives it up too much. Either Mussina, if Mussina messes up, it'll be Wang again. Think Kennedy should get a shot in there though..

cane'n'bosox... I hope the Rox don't get rusty... I want the Rox all the way, facing the Yanks (or Tribe if we lose the series)

WOOHOO!!! A "Series"!!! Man... I was wearing my Yankees hat tonight... gotta wear that tomorrow night as well!!

Looks like its gonna be Byrd against Wang on short rest. Wouldn't think the short rest should be a problem for a sinkerballer like Wang, plus its at home where he's much better. I'll be surprised if this series doesn't go back to Cleveland.

I'm with you canes'n bosox, I'd rather go with CC on short rest than Byrd. Its hard to believe Wedge really believes Byrd gives them a better chance of winning. Plus then you have Carmona on normal rest in game 5.

Yeah Sabathia and Carmona on short rest in games 4 and 5 would really give the Tribe the best chance to win, I don't know what is going through Wedge's head. The key for the Yanks though is Wang. Even though he's been better at home, it isn't going to help him being at Yankee Stadium if his sinker keeps getting left up like it was in Cleveland.

I predict this will be a bullpen game again. Could go either way but the Yanks will have to use Rivera and Joba again to get their best chance. Joba seems to be getting a little tired and maybe a little rattled mentally, but a tired Joba is still better than others in that bullpen. Rivera is a gamer and will be fine.

Roger is removed from the post season roster...for now.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=nyy

I predict this will be a bullpen game again. Could go either way but the Yanks will have to use Rivera and Joba again to get their best chance. Joba seems to be getting a little tired and maybe a little rattled mentally, but a tired Joba is still better than others in that bullpen. Rivera is a gamer and will be fine.

Roger is removed from the post season roster...for now.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=nyy

Sizemore leads off with a dinger. At least they're getting the offense started early, they'll need at least 7 or 8 to win this thing.

About the only positive I can come up with going in to this game is that the Yankees won't have Hughes to fall back on again if Wang struggles. It would have to be Mussina (I think they left Ian Kennedy off the roster for this series).