The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Sizemore leads off with a dinger. At least they're getting the offense started early, they'll need at least 7 or 8 to win this thing.

About the only positive I can come up with going in to this game is that the Yankees won't have Hughes to fall back on again if Wang struggles. It would have to be Mussina (I think they left Ian Kennedy off the roster for this series).

And I think Pettitte is the next to be called out of the bull pen, 4-0.

I agree, Indians are gonna need a few more insurance runs here, don't know long Byrd will hold up.

Sizemore leads off with a dinger. At least they're getting the offense started early, they'll need at least 7 or 8 to win this thing.

About the only positive I can come up with going in to this game is that the Yankees won't have Hughes to fall back on again if Wang struggles. It would have to be Mussina (I think they left Ian Kennedy off the roster for this series).

And I think Pettitte is the next to be called out of the bull pen, 4-0.

I agree, Indians are gonna need a few more insurance runs here, don't know long Byrd will hold up.

I'm already saying were done. Bases loaded and we score 1 run. At least if we win, it would be a nice surprised. But I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Understand Kennedy married on like Oct. 4th or something... but still... you can take the honeymoon afterwards (I think they are anyways.., but say I do and come right back!)

By some miracle, Byrd has made it through 2 IP w/ 1 ER. Just take him out now.

This is going to be the most stressful non-Sox game I've watched in some time. And its on pace to take about 6 hours to boot.

I'm already saying were done. Bases loaded and we score 1 run. At least if we win, it would be a nice surprised. But I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Understand Kennedy married on like Oct. 4th or something... but still... you can take the honeymoon afterwards (I think they are anyways.., but say I do and come right back!)

That's why he's not available? Kind of a strange time to tie the knot for an MLB player.

That's why he's not available? Kind of a strange time to tie the knot for an MLB player.

They had this planned a while ago, while he was in the farm.. didn't expect to get called up this soon, ya know?? ;)

They had this planned a while ago, while he was in the farm.. didn't expect to get called up this soon, ya know?? ;)

Geez, his new wife is just gonna have to learn how to be a little more flexible this time of year, LOL.

Geez, his new wife is just gonna have to learn how to be a little more flexible this time of year, LOL.

That can be taken so many ways! :lol:

Nice to see you're keeping your sense of humor in the middle of all this stress :P

Nice to see you're keeping your sense of humor in the middle of all this stress :P

I was making a joke referencing the Yanks losing tonight. 6-3, glad Arod finally got that monkey off his back (hey, whattayaknow, just in time to step out of his contract!).. if we can muster some more runs, POSSIBLY we can come back. I believe if we win tonights game, we will win the series. Pettitte could pitch very well in Cleveland if we go back there.. Rivera needs 1 more out though. :ph34r:

Could the announcers make tis any more dramatic?

No kidding. Chip Caray's been pretty brutal tonight to be honest. He described Byrd's performance at various points tonight as "dazzling," "scintillating," and "outstanding." I give Byrd credit for being a heckuva lot better than I expected, but come on, he was in & out of trouble all night.

i'm not really a yankees fan, but it's always more exciting when they're still in the picture. a sox vs. yanks series would've been fun to watch. i'm sure that the fox is upset over the fact that the NL series is between 2 smaller market teams. maybe more people will start watching the nhl instead.

Watching the postame press conference, Joe Torre is pure class.

If George is a moron and does not offer him a contract

I would beg my pathetic Dodgers to fire Grady Little and bring him on.

Sorry Caniac about the loss. has Nostadamus showed up yet?

do not feel bad it could be worse, your football team could lose 41-3 at home :ph34r: to SD

or be the Bills tonight who abolsutlely choked that game away. It was pretty sad for them.