The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Here are the LCS schedules (added to the 1st post as well)

Thursday Oct. 11

Game 1: Colorado at Arizona 8:30 TBS

Friday Oct. 12

Game 1: Cleveland at Boston 7:00 Fox

Game 2: Colorado at Arizona 10:00 TBS

Saturday Oct. 13

Game 2: Cleveland at Boston 8:00 Fox

Sunday Oct. 14

Game 3: Arizona at Colorado 8:30 TBS

Monday Oct. 15

Game 3: Boston at Cleveland 7:00 Fox

Game 4: Arizona at Colorado 10:00 TBS

Tuesday Oct. 16

Game 4: Boston at Cleveland 8:00 Fox

Wednesday Oct. 17

*Game 5: Arizona at Colorado 8:30 TBS

Thursday Oct. 18

*Game 5: Boston at Cleveland 8:00 Fox

Friday Oct. 19

*Game 6: Colorado at Arizona 8:30 TBS

Saturday Oct. 20

*Game 6: Cleveland at Boston Time TBA Fox

*Game 7: Colorado at Arizona Time TBA TBS

Sunday Oct. 21

*Game 7: Cleveland at Boston Time TBA Fox

*if necessary

Thanks. Maybe it'll do the team some good to get some new faces. Torre is class, all the way. But I'm still wonderin, maybe thats it. 12/13 consecutive post season appearances, but we've choked since 03. As much as I like some of our team (Mo, Posada), and some not so much (Abreu, Moose, Farnz).. maybe some new faces will help the team out. It worked out for the Sox when Francona came aboard in 04. Got a couple of new faces and won the World. But, sorry Sox fans, I want a Rox/Tribe series. I've thought/said from day 1, I want Rox/Cubbies vs Yanks/Tribe. 2 outta 4 aint bad. ;)

Go Tribe!

Runs away

OH YEAH, GO TRIBE !!! The dreaded Yankees have gone down. It's great to see George Steinbrenners $189 Million payroll get beat by a team spending $61 Million. Now we go after #2 at $143 Million.

Tell me baseball isn't completely whacked out when this is allowed to continue.

Prediction time for the ALCS and NLCS:

Red Sox in 6

D'Backs in 6

Game #1 Beckett Vs Sabbathia-does it get any better than this match up? Both teams should be well rested by Friday, lets hope the extra days off didn't slow any mojo. This should be a great series, Trot should get a lot of playtime against the Sox.

Red Sox in 6

D'Backs in 6

Game #1 Beckett Vs Sabbathia-does it get any better than this match up? Both teams should be well rested by Friday, lets hope the extra days off didn't slow any mojo. This should be a great series, Trot should get a lot of playtime against the Sox.

Red Sox in 6

D'Backs in 6

Sox in 7

and Rox in 6

Go Tribe!

Runs away

OMG.....I'm with a slugs fan on this one. :o

Seriously though the tribe is my favorite baseball team. Lived in Ohio for 10 years and went to many Indians games. Kind of funny as my parents were pulling for the Phillies since they grew up in PA. My boyfriend was pulling for the Cubbies since that's where he grew up. And only my team advances. They're all stepping over to my side now. :lol:

Rockies in 7, Tribe in 6

Rockies in 5 for the WS. I predicted Rockies vs Yanks/Tribe once I knew the Rox were in. And I'm saying it here now. If I'm wrong, then hey.. it wouldn't be the first time for a Yankee fan.

Man.. if Torre is gone, I hope we get Mattingly or La Russa... wow. That would be something to have La Russa... wow. But... get rid of Abreu, Clemens, Farnsworth, Giambi and Mussina. I like Moose, I do. He's done alot for us.. but thats it for me now. It was danged if you put Moose in or danged if you put Wang in on 3 days rest.. oh sigh...

021907dice_800600.jpg

Dice K: Ah! There's a fly! Get away or I'll throw this crazy ball at you!

The fly gets closer!

Dice K: Back up! I'm warning you: a Hurricane will be in ur dreams tonight!

The fly hovers by his nose!

Dice K: Ugh... this season is good... but jeez! Maybe we should name the Red Sox the Red Flys!

~Fly smacks Dice K~

Dice K: Ok... nevermind. Red Sox is good! How about bothering the Carolina Fly's?!

021907dice_800600.jpg

Dice K: Ah! There's a fly! Get away or I'll throw this crazy ball at you!

The fly gets closer!

Dice K: Back up! I'm warning you: a Hurricane will be in ur dreams tonight!

The fly hovers by his nose!

Dice K: Ugh... this season is good... but jeez! Maybe we should name the Red Sox the Red Flys!

~Fly smacks Dice K~

Dice K: Ok... nevermind. Red Sox is good! How about bothering the Carolina Fly's?!

MY version -

Dice K..."Holy CRAP this ball is HEAVY!..Im falling...oopps...somebody heeeellpp!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"

Man... who knew Kaz Matsui would be instrumental on helping the Rox get to the NLCS?? Rockies have a very good underrated team.. Lesse what happens tomorrow between the Sox/Tribe..

Man... who knew Kaz Matsui would be instrumental on helping the Rox get to the NLCS?? Rockies have a very good underrated team.. Lesse what happens tomorrow between the Sox/Tribe..

I hope he pitching match up tomorrow night lives up to all it's hype.

Big weekend for my teams :blink:cautiously excited

RedSox/Indians w/ the leagues biggest pitching match up

Undefeated Pats take on the undefeated Cowboys

Canes getting revenge on the Habs

Did I mention my son's football team is also undefeated ;)

I hope he pitching match up tomorrow night lives up to all it's hype.

Big weekend for my teams :blink:cautiously excited

RedSox/Indians w/ the leagues biggest pitching match up

Undefeated Pats take on the undefeated Cowboys

Canes getting revenge on the Habs

Did I mention my son's football team is also undefeated ;)

Think the Rox have tonights game in the bag. Bases loaded for the Backs, and failed to score. Never a good sign.

The Rockies are starting to look like a hockey team with a hot goalie...Unstoppable for the moment, but you have to wonder if their confidence will get shaken when they loose one, especially if they get blown out.

The Rockies are starting to look like a hockey team with a hot goalie...Unstoppable for the moment, but you have to wonder if their confidence will get shaken when they loose one, especially if they get blown out.

worked for us in 2005-06 ;) (the hot goalie analagy)

They are en fuego.

Good for them as they have sucked for so long. Its about time their good fans get something good

They're on fire because they found something that works (and I don't mean just the team)...

Since 2002, the Rockies have kept baseballs in an atmosphere-controlled climate, known locally as "the humidor," to keep them from shrinking, hardening and losing friction in Colorado's unique environment.

All 30 MLB teams will eventually goto this. Not cheap though, 15k to operate the room, plus maintenance and weekly paperwork. Sheesh, what it cost to win a World Series! ;)