The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

This makes me sick.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10132007/sport...rt_enormous.htm

Some big big names are linked to steroids. But they wont be released until sometime between Oct. 31 and the end of the year. *edit*!!?!?!?! THAT is RIDICULOUS! Only reason they're doing that is because they want all their revenue from the playoffs BEFORE leaking out names. Unbelievable.

Holy toledo!! Sorry Sox Nation, that was an upset lost. Very good close game up until Gagne stepped in. Think they'll put him in again??? I saw the score, 6 all, went and played MLB 07 for a while, came back, 9-6.. I thought it was over.. come to find 13-6?!?! Man..

Well, I learned one thing from last night, Gagme is NEVER going to be able to hold a one run lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly hope Francona has learned this too. At least he gave him the hook quickly and didn't torture us too long.

Off to Ohio....we knew this series wasn't going to be a sweep. GO SOX!!!!

Well, I learned one thing from last night, Gagme is NEVER going to be able to hold a one run lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly hope Francona has learned this too. At least he gave him the hook quickly and didn't torture us too long.

Off to Ohio....we knew this series wasn't going to be a sweep. GO SOX!!!!

Well that was 5 hours well spent. :angry:

Our only hope for Gagne is that he misses the team charter to cleveland.

Yeah, I dont see that one. :) I'll be watching the Rox win game 3 (hopefully) tonight while straightening up. Have in-laws coming down this weekend, so we've been SUPER cleaning like crazy (dunno why, they live like slobs as well).. rearranging, decorating, throwing some things out, buying new things.... BLAH!

The only good thing is I get to see my niece's. It take's care of my "biological clock" and my wife's. Maddy will want to sit and watch the game with her uncle Tony, HA!

Last nights game was a waste of 5 hours for me and all other Sox fans. Francoma deserved to lose the game with the way he managed. He pulled all the right strings up until he put in Gagne. Lester had the capability of going 1+ innings and should've started the 11th. Even after Gagme's choke he could've saved the game by putting in Lester. I'm not saying Lester would've dominated or anything, but LOPEZ IS HORRIBLE AGAINST LEFTIES FRANCONA!!! I don't think he'll ever get it through his head that Lopez is actually better against right handed batters. We had the middle of our order coming up in the 12th and Coma made 2 horrible pitching changes in a row.

Oh well....I'm really hoping Gagne is hurt so we can sub him out for someone else (even Tavarez wouldn't be as bad). We have a WELL rested Dice K going in game 3 against Westbrook and then we have Wake against Byrd. I really like our chances in these 2 games. I'm sure that if the game is close and Wake has some troubles in game 4 then Lester will be stretched out enough to come in and go long relief. I honestly think that the Sox could very well take at least 2 of the 3 in Cleveland. We have the pitching advantage in the next 2 games and Sabathia hasn't set the world on fire in October either.

I'd really like to see Ellsbury start inplace of Coco for game 3 though. Coco just doesn't have it going and that also allows Pedroia to move into the 2 hole where he is more comfortable.

Can't wait until Monday. GO SOX!!!

One good thing to come out of last night, Manny broke Bernie Willliams's post season homer record.

Another good thing, maybe the Sox needed a little wake up nudge to take it up another notch. The Indians are a much more complete team than the Angels and won't just go away easily.

Side note: If any player was going to be responsible for jump starting that Cleveland win, Im glad it was Trot.

One good thing to come out of last night, Manny broke Bernie Willliams's post season homer record.

Another good thing, maybe the Sox needed a little wake up nudge to take it up another notch. The Indians are a much more complete team than the Angels and won't just go away easily.

Side note: If any player was going to be responsible for jump starting that Cleveland win, Im glad it was Trot.

I know.. it saddened me to see Bernie's record broken finally. Hopefully another Yankee can reclaim it. It certainly wont be Arod, as he has 1 HR in the last 3 years I think :lol:

I know.. it saddened me to see Bernie's record broken finally. Hopefully another Yankee can reclaim it. It certainly wont be Arod, as he has 1 HR in the last 3 years I think :lol:

you mean A fraud :P just because he want 33 Million per year for his postseason struggles

a Rod is the dan marino of baseball players.

Yanks can do better than A fraud and will use the $$ to get more pitching, as that is what they need IMO

The Rox are en fuego. at least they are better than their pathetic couterpart who plays football lol

Hope Matsusaka shows up or the Sox are in big trouble.

btw its time for Gagne to hang it up. boy does he suck. Once upon a time he was so good with LA.

Pre back surgery and arm surgery of course

Man... hard to say.. I'm not staying up for the Rox game, I have a feeling alot of brooms were brought to the park tonight. As for Cleveland and Boston.. Boston SHOULD put Beckett in for game 4, but they say they're putting Wakefield in. We'll see what happens.

Wow, that was tough. The crowd was great for the Indians and we had no finish. Plenty of chances though :angry: . Not so sure I see Wakefield getting the job done, at least we didn't see Gagme tonight. (Just looking for the silver lining)

Wow, that was tough. The crowd was great for the Indians and we had no finish. Plenty of chances though :angry: . Not so sure I see Wakefield getting the job done, at least we didn't see Gagme tonight. (Just looking for the silver lining)

Man... hard to say.. I'm not staying up for the Rox game, I have a feeling alot of brooms were brought to the park tonight. As for Cleveland and Boston.. Boston SHOULD put Beckett in for game 4, but they say they're putting Wakefield in. We'll see what happens.

maybe we can get a monsoon to help us :P

Dice K is starting to remind me of Hideki Irabu, A Japanese bust.

boy does he suck. I have ZERO confidence in him. he always gives up a dinger.

and the Sox hit into how many double plays.

its time to sit Coco Stiff, I mean Crisp and put in Ellsbury to help spark this team IMO

its time to sit Coco Stiff, I mean Crisp and put in Ellsbury to help spark this team IMO

I agree, get the kids back out there to ignite something. I don't think DiceK is awful, next year he'll be fine cause he'll be better prepared for the long haul.

Rockies are rolling, its as good as over for the DBacks.

I agree, get the kids back out there to ignite something. I don't think DiceK is awful, next year he'll be fine cause he'll be better prepared for the long haul.

Hot yeah! I called Rockies into the WS! Along with Avaholic.. :) Man.. tough choice. Do you put Beckett into game 4 to keep you in the game, and maybe ride him again in game 7, if there is one, or do you stick with Wakefield for game 4, Beckett for game 5? If I was Francona, I'd put in Beckett, because he'll have the extra rest inbetween starts after tonight. But, we'll see.

why does everyone have so much confidence in him.

He cant throw strikes and is an overrated pitcher to me until proven otherwise.

Playoff stats 9.1 IP 13 H 7 ER 5 BB and an ERA of 6.75.

Heck Julian Tavarez can give them that crap

I know Lester has not pitched much but I have more confidence in him IMHO

sorry top not venting at you, :( remember I live here were Matusaka was so overhyped

it was not even funny. 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA is not that great on a team that won 96 games IMO

why does everyone have so much confidence in him.

He cant throw strikes and is an overrated pitcher to me until proven otherwise.

Playoff stats 9.1 IP 13 H 7 ER 5 BB and an ERA of 6.75.

Heck Julian Tavarez can give them that crap

I know Lester has not pitched much but I have more confidence in him IMHO

sorry top not venting at you, :( remember I live here were Matusaka was so overhyped

it was not even funny. 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA is not that great on a team that won 96 games IMO

Josh Beckett, 2006...

33 Games started, 204.2 innings pitched, 16 wins, 11 losses, 5.01 ERA

Josh Beckett 2007

30 30 1 0 200.2 189 76 73 17 40 194 20 7 0 0 -- 3.27

30 games started, 1 Complete game at that, 200.2 Innings pitched, 20 wins, 7 lossess, ERA of 3.27

I don't like Dice-K. And I don't like Beckett for the simple fact that he's a chewing tobacco kind of Texan. BUT, Beckett was good in 06 and GREAT in 07. Maybe Dice-K will be great next year as well? I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he's as good as he is in Japan, I think next year will be his year (along with Joba/Kennedy/Hughes)

Tough loss to all you Sox fans. And I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but its Tribe Time Now. :P

LOL I have to agree colesy. I want Tribe vs Rox. Either wins, I'd be happy.