The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

why does everyone have so much confidence in him.

He cant throw strikes and is an overrated pitcher to me until proven otherwise.

Playoff stats 9.1 IP 13 H 7 ER 5 BB and an ERA of 6.75.

Heck Julian Tavarez can give them that crap

I know Lester has not pitched much but I have more confidence in him IMHO

sorry top not venting at you, :( remember I live here were Matusaka was so overhyped

it was not even funny. 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA is not that great on a team that won 96 games IMO

I think that DiceK's stats don't take into the fact that at least 3-4 of those games he had no run support whatsoever. He had done his part and held the opposition to maybe 1-2 runs but the the team either couldn't get anyone on base or bring anyone home. Thats what I'm taking into consideration, he could have easily been at 18-9. Ironic that that seems to be the problem now, no finish to bring the base runners home.

Down the stretch though, I have to agree that he's out of gas. Thats something they can build up for next year.

No Wakefield!!!!!! Please put Beckett in :angry:

why does everyone have so much confidence in him.

He cant throw strikes and is an overrated pitcher to me until proven otherwise.

Playoff stats 9.1 IP 13 H 7 ER 5 BB and an ERA of 6.75.

Heck Julian Tavarez can give them that crap

I know Lester has not pitched much but I have more confidence in him IMHO

sorry top not venting at you, :( remember I live here were Matusaka was so overhyped

it was not even funny. 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA is not that great on a team that won 96 games IMO

I think that DiceK's stats don't take into the fact that at least 3-4 of those games he had no run support whatsoever. He had done his part and held the opposition to maybe 1-2 runs but the the team either couldn't get anyone on base or bring anyone home. Thats what I'm taking into consideration, he could have easily been at 18-9. Ironic that that seems to be the problem now, no finish to bring the base runners home.

Down the stretch though, I have to agree that he's out of gas. Thats something they can build up for next year.

No Wakefield!!!!!! Please put Beckett in :angry:

Josh Beckett, 2006...

33 Games started, 204.2 innings pitched, 16 wins, 11 losses, 5.01 ERA

Josh Beckett 2007

30 30 1 0 200.2 189 76 73 17 40 194 20 7 0 0 -- 3.27

30 games started, 1 Complete game at that, 200.2 Innings pitched, 20 wins, 7 lossess, ERA of 3.27

I don't like Dice-K. And I don't like Beckett for the simple fact that he's a chewing tobacco kind of Texan. BUT, Beckett was good in 06 and GREAT in 07. Maybe Dice-K will be great next year as well? I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he's as good as he is in Japan, I think next year will be his year (along with Joba/Kennedy/Hughes)

I understand Caniac but to play devils advocate at least Beckett had some success in the NL, especially pitching a shutout in game 7 vs some team that wore pinstripes, I dont remember who they were (jk caniac at least you were there ulike some blue and white pathetic team on the West coast lol) Also Beckett has so much more natural talent than Dice K with a fastball of 97-98 and a nasty hook and that

confidence. even when struggling he never seemed to lose his confidence. Dice K looks like a scared school girl out there

DiceK has had very litte here, especially in the clutch. Very overrated IMO

The Sox spend $52 million for this kind of Julian Tavarez production when it counts. How people can knock A Rod for

his playoff non-production and with DiceK its pass time. I do not get it. Hideki Irabu reincarnated to me until proven otherwise

He was overhyped and a big flop and so far very similar to me

My high school baseball coach used to tell me, if you cant throw strikes then you will be in big trouble

I dont care what kind of fastball you have, If you fall behind, especially to batters like the Indians, Yanks and Rockies

have you are cooked.

I would rather an inexperienced Jon Lester. Dice K is supposed to be a veteran and you would think a veteran

would know how to throw strikes. heck I am more confident in a creaky Wake over Dice K

I'm not making any exscuses for him, believe you me. If he continued to flop, it would make me feel better about the Yanks overspending here and there, ;) But as every Japanese star that comes over, they're great there and good here. Hideo Nomo, Ichiro (he's good hitter regardless of any circumstances around him) but was still hyped up and delivered good numbers, and Matsui.. Godzilla. Great great power. But It's different here. I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons why, but whatever they are, it's different.

(Not JUST Asian players, but more than likely players from other countries as well experience the same problems as out of country players.. if any of that made sense)

I'm not making any exscuses for him, believe you me. If he continued to flop, it would make me feel better about the Yanks overspending here and there, ;) But as every Japanese star that comes over, they're great there and good here. Hideo Nomo, Ichiro (he's good hitter regardless of any circumstances around him) but was still hyped up and delivered good numbers, and Matsui.. Godzilla. Great great power. But It's different here. I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons why, but whatever they are, it's different.

(Not JUST Asian players, but more than likely players from other countries as well experience the same problems as out of country players.. if any of that made sense)

You are such a good Yankee fan, can you breathe on some people here for me :lol:

JK Med does not hate NY B)

I think Hideo Nomo did so much better than Dice K. He won rookie of the year until getting hit hard in his 4th year in LA i believe

Matsui is awesome. Irabu was a bust and Ichiro is a potential hall of famer if he lasts long enough.

remember in Boston where its either bright sunshine or heavy rain, if you know what I mean, everthing is scrutnized and to me Dice K has been a flop until proven otherwise. maybe I am harsh but I expect better than an era of 6.75 out of my starting pitchers. :)

I know of at least 2 Japanese players who will be free agents this off season, with no posting fee. A OF and a SP. Both are suppose to be really good (:lol:) so, we'll see if the Yanks try to throw even MORE money around this off season and squeeze something else around.. Tribe's gotta be feeling good about themselves... Paul Byrd vs Wakfield. Let's see what happens..

I'll be watching the game tonight in the office (home), cleaning cleaning it out. Nothing like listening to music, cleaning and watching a game. Of course, unless your teams losing horribly. :(

Feels like I've been hearing all day about the Sox are done. So I'm pretty fired up about tonight now.

If Wakefield falters...we're done. If his knuckle ball looks good, I say we take this one.

I predict a high scoring affair.

Feels like I've been hearing all day about the Sox are done. So I'm pretty fired up about tonight now.

If Wakefield falters...we're done. If his knuckle ball looks good, I say we take this one.

It's looking good... and so far, no score affair. :)

My nightmares will consist largely of watching the Sox ground into double plays over and over.

That said, this aint over. Not when we still have Beckett waiting.

I admit it...I turned it off after Delcarmen came in and gave up the homer. I did get to watch 2 shoot outs on Center Ice though.

I admit it...I turned it off after Delcarmen came in and gave up the homer. I did get to watch 2 shoot outs on Center Ice though.

Becketts been awesome. But, the Indians have been finding their hot zones. So, will powerpitching fastballs and breaking balls disrupt the Indians? Or will the Tribe once again have a 7 run inning on Beckett and Bullpen Bums? (sorry, I was trying to make something there... )

I dunno... If the Tribe win, it's because Beckett made a slight mistake, or it goes extra innings and it has to be turned over to the Bullpen.

As a long time Sox fan, I hate to say we're done.

Schilling, DiceK and Wakefield couldn't get it done while the Indian's pitching has been great. I see a youth movement in the BoSox pitching future.

DiceK, IMO, is a work in progress. Sure he came over with a lot of hype, but Japanese Professional Baseball is much different than MLB.

He pitched more games than he has had to in his career this season.

Our bats is what has been a disappointment. After game one, we've only scored 11 runs in 3 games.

Gagne is a bust trade. Not the dominate closer he use to be in LA.

Sox should win tomorrow nite, with Beckett pitching. Hopefully the bats will wake up.

It's Tribe Time Now

Sorry Sox fans couldn't resist. That 5th inning was the best wasn't it?

Geez, the band wagoners have arrived. Just kidding ColesyLarose, your team is looking very solid right now and that 5th inning made me turn the channel :( .

It's Tribe Time Now

Geez, the band wagoners have arrived. Just kidding ColesyLarose, your team is looking very solid right now and that 5th inning made me turn the channel :( .

Cleveland Rocks.... they've been playing that song since the ALDS with the Indians and the Yankees... So I guess they were trying to predict and Rox/Tribe world series, huh?? ;)

My nightmares will consist largely of watching the Sox ground into double plays over and over.

That said, this aint over. Not when we still have Beckett waiting.

I am not sure how old you are Warbird but this has been going on sice the 70s with the Sox.

they must set the all time recored for GIDP that I can remember

aslo Francona has dropped the ball not getting Ellsbury in there for a

futile Coco Crisp or JD I have no power and am overrated to the hills Drew.

Maybe we can Recruit Derek Lowe to pitch game 6 after Beckett :lol:

It's Tribe Time Now

It kinda reminde me of going to the denist and the novacane needle was

broken and you needed a root canal :(

seriously congrats, your team looks great and if you win good luck vs

the Rox as the Tribe are deeper but playing momentum can be tough

also Francona has dropped the ball not getting Ellsbury in there for a

If we don't see Ellsbury in there the next game for Drew, Francona has lost it.

From now on, we will refer to JD Drew as Nancy Drew.

also Francona has dropped the ball not getting Ellsbury in there for a

You cant do that that name is reserved For Nancy Drew Bledsoe :lol:

sorry jk I like Bledsoe, without him, Gods team is in St Louis lol

Terry FranCOMA lol