The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Geez, the band wagoners have arrived. Just kidding ColesyLarose, your team is looking very solid right now and that 5th inning made me turn the channel :( .

Would you like to borrow my Indians Hat and sweatshirt? Atleast this way you can pull for a winner :lol:

I'm done my mean talking. It ain't over it.

You cant do that that name is reserved For Nancy Drew Bledsoe :lol:

sorry jk I like Bledsoe, without him, Gods team is in St Louis lol

Terry FranCOMA lol

I could never do that to Drew Bledsoe, one of the classiest guys in the NFL. He gets injured and his job stolen by the back ups on 3 different teams, but never complains. At least not to the media or the public.

You cant do that that name is reserved For Nancy Drew Bledsoe :lol:

sorry jk I like Bledsoe, without him, Gods team is in St Louis lol

Terry FranCOMA lol

I could never do that to Drew Bledsoe, one of the classiest guys in the NFL. He gets injured and his job stolen by the back ups on 3 different teams, but never complains. At least not to the media or the public.

Yea, this has been going on for years. I may have lived in NC for 40 years, but I was always a Boston fan (Bruins, BoSox, Celtics) until the Canes moved into the area.

Never considered the Pats Boston's team, so I never pulled for them.

Got to see a lot of Games at the ole Garden, including playoffs (Stanley Cups with the Bruins, World Series with the Sox, Celtic games with hondo running the court) Ah, the good ole days.

Yea, this has been going on for years. I may have lived in NC for 40 years, but I was always a Boston fan (Bruins, BoSox, Celtics) until the Canes moved into the area.

Got to see a lot of Games at the ole Garden, including playoffs (Stanley Cups with the Bruins, World Series with the Sox, Celtic games with hondo running the court) Ah, the good ole days.

We are a spoiled lot lately, takes a little humbling to remember all our roots :( .

To quote Red Sox Nation, "It ain't over yet, but if it is, next year will be our year"

We are a spoiled lot lately, takes a little humbling to remember all our roots :( .

To quote Red Sox Nation, "It ain't over yet, but if it is, next year will be our year"

I think that quote is reserved for the Yanks. ;)

What a great decision not rooting for the pats. here is a virtual high five for that :lol:

I miss the Gahden (in my Boston accent) so much.

Remember Gerald Henderson stealing the ball vs the Lakers in 84, priceless.

of course larry, dj, Mchale, ainge it goes on and on

sorry top. I really like you but you know.

also i am extremlely jealous of that team. I remember a million years ago (1998 btw it just seems too long) that my

broncos were your pats. they started 13-0 and killed almost everyone and eventually won it all, it was a very fun year

enjoy this year top, you deserve it. As long as "Gods team" loses one game, so I do not have to hear

about this for the rest of my life living here. lol

Still don't get why Francona gave Wakefield got the nod. Don't go with your best pitcher (Beckett) and pitch somebody who hasn't pitched in a month? If he went last night he still could've gone in a game 7.Now your in a win out or go home situation with Sabathia and Carmona going again, but they didn't even last 5 IP. However I still wouldn't wanna face those two again. Everyone tore apart Grady Little for his pitching decisions but i think this was a worse decision on Francona's part.

TSA/Warbird if it makes you feel better Cleveland was voted the most cursed sports city in America. So it's not over yet. Yes, Buffalo couldn't even win that title we were 2. haha

Still don't get why Francona gave Wakefield got the nod. Don't go with your best pitcher (Beckett) and pitch somebody who hasn't pitched in a month? If he went last night he still could've gone in a game 7.Now your in a win out or go home situation with Sabathia and Carmona going again, but they didn't even last 5 IP. However I still wouldn't wanna face those two again. Everyone tore apart Grady Little for his pitching decisions but i think this was a worse decision on Francona's part.

TSA/Warbird if it makes you feel better Cleveland was voted the most cursed sports city in America. So it's not over yet. Yes, Buffalo couldn't even win that title we were 2. haha

I think this could change in about two weeks Im afraid.

but they still have Ernest Byner as as a Bronco fan that was one

of my all time favs :lol:

Quince, I've decided that you're a "glass is half full kind a guy". We need a few more of you (not necessarily Sabre fans :o ) around here to keep us all in check.

As Bill Simmoms wrote, "If this happened pre-2004, it would feel a whole lot worse".

My silver lining: I will never have to see Eric Gagme don another Red Sox uniform ever again.

Quince, I've decided that you're a "glass is half full kind a guy". We need a few more of you (not necessarily Sabre fans :o ) around here to keep us all in check.

As Bill Simmoms wrote, "If this happened pre-2004, it would feel a whole lot worse".

My silver lining: I will never have to see Eric Gagme don another Red Sox uniform ever again.

Unless they resign him. I didn't think they'd resign Moose since he was declining, but hey hey, whattaya say Cashman with the sign!! :lol: I doubt it, but he still could be resigned as the "closer" for a cheap amount now, and Paps would be moved to the rotation (try that again)

Unless they resign him. I didn't think they'd resign Moose since he was declining, but hey hey, whattaya say Cashman with the sign!! :lol: I doubt it, but he still could be resigned as the "closer" for a cheap amount now, and Paps would be moved to the rotation (try that again)

That hurts caniac lol

you never know who can resurrect. Just look at Todd Jones in det, istn he 62 now lol

Gotta stop you right there. Just say NO to re-signing Gagme!!!! I think Red Sox Nation would boycott Fenway if needed. Better yet, I think the players would too, LOL.

I know the Yanks and the Red Sox are more similar than we'd care to admit but that's where I'll draw the line. The Red Sox actually, are quite good at the just the opposite. Letting players walk away cough OrlandoCabrera cough that go elsewhere and have tons of success is what they're best known for.

Gotta stop you right there. Just say NO to re-signing Gagme!!!! I think Red Sox Nation would boycott Fenway if needed. Better yet, I think the players would too, LOL.

I know the Yanks and the Red Sox are more similar than we'd care to admit but that's where I'll draw the line. The Red Sox actually, are quite good at the just the opposite. Letting players walk away cough OrlandoCabrera cough that go elsewhere and have tons of success is what they're best known for.

Gagne deserves to be on KC for no pressure etc

I think he might actually straigthen himself out

Its sad because as a Dodger fan the Sox fans have never seen the real Gagne from 2002-2004 who

was better than Papelbon and just as good as Rivera in his prime. You dont save 84 in a row by accident

and have a 97 to 98 MPH heater and a changeup at 72. He was like Pedro at deception.

He has aggravated me but it is like remembering Ron Francis as a Maple Leaf now. It just is not right.

remember him from 2002 when he carried this Canes team or in Harford/Pitt days

not as a shell of yourself like Gagne is now. :(

Its sad because as a Dodger fan the Sox fans have never seen the real Gagne from 2002-2004 who

was better than Papelbon and just as good as Rivera in his prime. You dont save 84 in a row by accident

and have a 97 to 98 MPH heater and a changeup at 72. He was like Pedro at deception.

He has aggravated me but it is like remembering Ron Francis as a Maple Leaf now. It just is not right.

You've made me feel bad now,lol. Maybe KC is the best place for him.

You've made me feel bad now,lol. Maybe KC is the best place for him.

The latest breaking news... Joe Torre was offered a 1 year contract, with a 1 year option. 1 year of 5 mil base, 1 mil for making the ALDS, 1 mil for the ALCS, and 1 for MAKING the WS, not winning, just making, and if he made it to the WS, he'd get a second year for 8 mil. Joe Torre... HAS TURNED DOWN THE OFFER! Wow! Joe will NOT be coming back!

The latest breaking news... Joe Torre was offered a 1 year contract, with a 1 year option. 1 year of 5 mil base, 1 mil for making the ALDS, 1 mil for the ALCS, and 1 for MAKING the WS, not winning, just making, and if he made it to the WS, he'd get a second year for 8 mil. Joe Torre... HAS TURNED DOWN THE OFFER! Wow! Joe will NOT be coming back!

This is sad news as to me Torre is still one of the best in baseball.

George Porgie is trying to go back to prior to Torre and we all know how successful he was :rolleyes:

I hope that Torre can somehow take over for Grady Little for the LAD. He is a million times better than

Grady.

But he might end up on the Mets and that would just be a kick in the groin for George Porgie.

sorry Caniac as you are a great Yankee fan. You deserve better than this...

If Don gets the job, I'd be thrilled. I have LOVED Mattingly as far back as I can remember. My favorite number is 23 because of him. But, I wonder if Jorge, Mo, Pettitte will go along with him, and if Arod will walk out and goto the Dodgers,, Angels, Texas possibly, or even Florida! (as uncanny as that sounds, it would not be a bad idea betting the farm on Arod for Florida)

If Don gets the job, I'd be thrilled. I have LOVED Mattingly as far back as I can remember. My favorite number is 23 because of him. But, I wonder if Jorge, Mo, Pettitte will go along with him, and if Arod will walk out and goto the Dodgers,, Angels, Texas possibly, or even Florida! (as uncanny as that sounds, it would not be a bad idea betting the farm on Arod for Florida)

please no Arod to the Dodgers.

although he might do well because its easier when you are not in the playoffs :lol::blink:

Mattingly would do fine. IF and a big IF George porgie leaves him alone, not like what he did to Billy Martin

and Buck Showalter all those years.

I would take any of the above for my team as they are all great players.

Florida, I'm sure, would trade Miguel Cabrera to NY for Arod (and possibly Dontrelle Willis or some other "Star" for future star as Arod was born or raised in Miami. He lived in Miami and NY for a number of Years I think.)