The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Becketts looking pretty good out there tonight. 9 K's, 1 walk. 4-1 Boston. Give it to Oki for 1 2/3 and Paps for 1 1/3 for the win/save.

Becketts looking pretty good out there tonight. 9 K's, 1 walk. 4-1 Boston. Give it to Oki for 1 2/3 and Paps for 1 1/3 for the win/save.

Pitch count is still fine. Let Beckett hand it directly to Pap. Nancy Drew is back in <_<, it better not come down to him, two outs and bases loaded.

Pitch count is still fine. Let Beckett hand it directly to Pap. Nancy Drew is back in <_<, it better not come down to him, two outs and bases loaded.

Great game last night.

Now if ole man schill can close it down tomorrow nite.

Shame to hear about Torre. Didn't care one way or the other bout him, since he was a Yankee. :P

He'll probably end up either on the west coast and/or in the NL.

I see A-rod going to the Marlins. He'll opt out of his current contract and move on.

Riveria is gone too from the yanks.

I'll take some credit for that win, I didnt wear the Pedroia shirt (and thankfully he started hitting), and watched more CI hockey than the game. I "peaked in" periodically for updates. Im gonna have to use that same strategy Saturday.

Saturday, I really hope Ellsbury comes in for Coco and they keep Nancy Drew on the bench. Francona will look like a genious if they pull this off for saving Beckett. Sure wish he could pitch the 7th (if we get there).

Side note: Keith Tkachuk (Blues) is a huge Sox fan and when they interviewed him inbetween periods, he said "give Beckett the ball 3 more times". I happen to agree with him, LOL.

I'll take some credit for that win, I didnt wear the Pedroia shirt (and thankfully he started hitting), and watched more CI hockey than the game. I "peaked in" periodically for updates. Im gonna have to use that same strategy Saturday.

Saturday, I really hope Ellsbury comes in for Coco and they keep Nancy Drew on the bench. Francona will look like a genious if they pull this off for saving Beckett. Sure wish he could pitch the 7th (if we get there).

Side note: Keith Tkachuk (Blues) is a huge Sox fan and when they interviewed him inbetween periods, he said "give Beckett the ball 3 more times". I happen to agree with him, LOL.

Congrats Sox fans you guys deserved that win last night, Beckett was awesome.

Unfortunetly Beckett won't beable to bail you out next game. :P

Colesy, speaking as a Yankees fan with some previous knowledge here about coming back with a 3-whateverish lead.... don't count until they've hatched my friend. I would like the Tribe to meet the Rox in a "Cleveland Rox" matchup (which I'm coining that btw), but the Sox can come back big... people use to say "Oh, take out Damon, he's not doing anything" and then BAM! He rocked that one night. Francona is going for the same thing here with Coco, etc... THAT'S why he's not putting Ellsbury in the game. It would be wise to put Els in, but I doubt he will. Hopefully Schil doesn't reenact his 04 bloody sock skit tomorrow night.

Colesy, speaking as a Yankees fan with some previous knowledge here about coming back with a 3-whateverish lead.... don't count until they've hatched my friend. I would like the Tribe to meet the Rox in a "Cleveland Rox" matchup (which I'm coining that btw), but the Sox can come back big... people use to say "Oh, take out Damon, he's not doing anything" and then BAM! He rocked that one night. Francona is going for the same thing here with Coco, etc... THAT'S why he's not putting Ellsbury in the game. It would be wise to put Els in, but I doubt he will. Hopefully Schil doesn't reenact his 04 bloody sock skit tomorrow night.

Hopefully he does :P

I am just glad to have another game.

Now Coco in his best day has never come close to Damon. Elsbury reminds me of a young

Damon. I cant figure out the logic here.

but Youk got it done

I still say the winner of this Series wins as the AL is better than the NL IMO

Oh trust me, I know it ain't over and know the Sox can win the next 2. I'm just trying to stay positive since my team crapped out last night.

Oh trust me, I know it ain't over and know the Sox can win the next 2. I'm just trying to stay positive since my team crapped out last night.

I still maintain whomever wins this series beats Colorado

the AL is so much better than the NL it is not even funny

Wow. Drew punches in big for you guys. Lets see if Indians will score early on Dice K, or if Beckett will shut them out for the win.

Wow. Drew punches in big for you guys. Lets see if Indians will score early on Dice K, or if Beckett will shut them out for the win.

No longer will I call him Nancy Drew.

No longer will I call him Nancy Drew.

Carmona- "Hmmm wonder what will happen if I give Drew a fastball a fastball down the middle."

Drew- "I hope he gives me a fastball down the middle"

Terrible pitch that lost them the game in the first. Manny take notes, run to first like Drew it might help you!

If Byrd pitches Cleveland will win, Francona pitch Beckett not Dice K! Gyro ball = overated

P.S. Go Tribe!

Runs Away

Carmona- "Hmmm wonder what will happen if I give Drew a fastball a fastball down the middle."

Terrible pitch that lost them the game in the first. Manny take notes, run to first like Drew it might help you!

If Byrd pitches Cleveland will win, Francona pitch Beckett not Dice K! Gyro ball = overrated

P.S. Go Tribe!

Runs Away

Hahaha Quince, nice message to Manny. I think Youk could also use a stronger batting helmet for ball deflection.

Don't think Byrd will start, I think he's a little preoccupied with his lawyer right now after the San Franciso Chronicle broke the steroid story this morning :rolleyes: . Im sure it will sell lots of papers but its perhaps one of the sleaziest moves I've seen the media make.

If we get 4-5 out of DiceK, I'll be satisfied. We have a whole rested bullpen (including Wake, Beckett and Lester) ready to jump in to get them Pap.

Ellsbury instead of Coco again....please.

If Byrd pitches Cleveland will win, Francona pitch Beckett not Dice K! Gyro ball = overrated

P.S. Go Tribe!

Runs Away

Hahaha Quince, nice message to Manny. I think Youk could also use a stronger batting helmet for ball deflection.

Don't think Byrd will start, I think he's a little preoccupied with his lawyer right now after the San Franciso Chronicle broke the steroid story this morning :rolleyes: . Im sure it will sell lots of papers but its perhaps one of the sleaziest moves I've seen the media make.

If we get 4-5 out of DiceK, I'll be satisfied. We have a whole rested bullpen (including Wake, Beckett and Lester) ready to jump in to get them Pap.

Ellsbury instead of Coco again....please.

I apoligize in advance to any Rockie fans... I'm sure you are very happy for your team.

However, I think that this "Miracle" is too miraculous to be true. I feel that the Rockies should be tested for illegal maneuvers ( ;) ... if you get what I mean!). Their team has been soaring through. When the team wins, they kill... final scores are scores like 3-14 (Rockies winning). I hope I'm not the only one thinking this... this is just TOOOOOOO much.

TopShelfAvry: GO SOX! Game 7 tonite... cheer them on!

Havent read about Byrd yet, but I'm sure I will. Westbrook vs Matsuzaka.. we jumped on West early on, so will the Sox. If they dont jump on him early, I think Sox will win. Same said for Tribe. If they jump on DiceK early, they've got it. Score 4 or 5 runs in the first couple of innings and then score a few throughout the game. Vice-versa. If it comes down the final innings... WHEW, there will be some anxious nervous fan everywhere.

Havent read about Byrd yet, but I'm sure I will. Westbrook vs Matsuzaka.. we jumped on West early on, so will the Sox. If they dont jump on him early, I think Sox will win. Same said for Tribe. If they jump on DiceK early, they've got it. Score 4 or 5 runs in the first couple of innings and then score a few throughout the game. Vice-versa. If it comes down the final innings... WHEW, there will be some anxious nervous fan everywhere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-alcs--byrd-hgh&prov=ap&type=lgns' target="_blank">http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-a...p&type=lgns[/post]

Horrible timing (or not) by the Chronicle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-alcs--byrd-hgh&prov=ap&type=lgns' target="_blank">http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-a...p&type=lgns[/post]

Horrible timing (or not) by the Chronicle.

I think it was a cheap ploy. I read the article, and I have to say that was pretty dirty of the San Fran. I'm beginning to see how Barry Bonds was treated.