The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Ok Sox fans (and all you Sox haters too, LOL), heres the big question.....

What to do with Big Papi? Youk is so hot right now, would you move him to third just keep his bat and get Papi in the line up in Colorado?

Then what happens to Mike Lowell, cleary my choice for MVP of the season for this team, his bat has been just as important following Manny's.

I think the decision should be made based on the first two games in Boston. If Papi's hitting the ball, put him in for half the game. If he's not, he sits but you risk losing all the intangibles that Papi brings to the team.

Glad I'm not Francona. In his pre game interview last night, he said that "You don't mess with what brought you to this point, and I will stick with the guys that got us here". The comment was regarding starting DiceK for game 7, but this is a very different situation.

I say for now Youk at 3rd and Pap at 1st.

You need all the offense you can get in Coors field IMO

I think Lowell is great but Youk has an OBP over 500 now B)

Congratulations to you Sox fans are getting to the World Series. Coming from down 3-1, you most certainly deserve the trip to the Series.

Although, since you knocked my team out, I only have one thing to say....

GO ROCKIES

Congratulations to you Sox fans are getting to the World Series. Coming from down 3-1, you most certainly deserve the trip to the Series.

GO ROCKIES

Fair enough Colesylarose, it was a great series.

GO ROCKIES

Fair enough Colesylarose, it was a great series.

When the games shift to Colorado, you have to keep Youkilis @ 1st base. As much as I would love to see Big Papi pound some balls into the Coors Field bleachers, he is a liability @ 1st base.

From Sundheim's Blog:

There's Only One October

October 22, 2007

You take the good with the bad, and all in all, yesterday would have been a pretty good day for Keith Aucoin. First you find out you

From Sundheim's Blog:

There's Only One October

October 22, 2007

You take the good with the bad, and all in all, yesterday would have been a pretty good day for Keith Aucoin. First you find out you

Keep Lowell in 3rd, Youk in 1st, let Papi heal up for a few days (it won't matter much, but any rest is good, ya know Have Ellsbury in CF.

I still hope the Rox win. It' the Rockies, they need a miracle story as well.

Ok Sox fans (and all you Sox haters too, LOL), heres the big question.....

What to do with Big Papi? Youk is so hot right now, would you move him to third just keep his bat and get Papi in the line up in Colorado?

Then what happens to Mike Lowell, cleary my choice for MVP of the season for this team, his bat has been just as important following Manny's.

I think the decision should be made based on the first two games in Boston. If Papi's hitting the ball, put him in for half the game. If he's not, he sits but you risk losing all the intangibles that Papi brings to the team.

Glad I'm not Francona. In his pre game interview last night, he said that "You don't mess with what brought you to this point, and I will stick with the guys that got us here". The comment was regarding starting DiceK for game 7, but this is a very different situation.

There's some logic to taking Papi out of the lineup: he's scuffling (5 for 23 in last 6 games of the LCS) and he's a defensive liability, while Youk and Lowell are both hot. That said, I'd be shocked (shocked) if Tito actually sat him for any of the game in COL. Like his quote says, he generally sticks with his guys and isn't one to shake things up. His keeping Bellhorn in the lineup during the 04 playoffs is I think the best example of this, though there are exceptions like taking Coco out for Ellsbury.

Just for some reference I went back and looked at our 9 interleague road games, and he used the 3 possible configurations fairly evenly:

Papi(1b)-Youk(3b) 4 times, Papi-Lowell 3 times, and Youk-Lowell 2 times.

Oh boy, I don't like the idea of Papi at third for Lowell at all. Let him play the first two games in Boston and see how he does. Maybe he'll get hot and Lowell could use a half a game off. No way does he sit Youk with what he's been doing.

Oh boy, I don't like the idea of Papi at third for Lowell at all. Let him play the first two games in Boston and see how he does. Maybe he'll get hot and Lowell could use a half a game off. No way does he sit Youk with what he's been doing.

How did it work in 04

Papi at 1st, pretty good I say..

1st base defense is overrated anyways unless you drop a throw or something.

I will take a 500 ft dinger from Big Papi.

I say Sox in 6

How did it work in 04

I say Sox in 6

So how much do you think game #6 tix will go for if you can even find them??? :lol:

How did it work in 04

I say Sox in 6

So how much do you think game #6 tix will go for if you can even find them??? :lol:

I think it really matters with what happens in Boston first. If the Sox are up 2-0. U might change ur gameplan a little bit. I know its the playoffs, and the Sox know about momentum changing games. Just my approach perhaps. oh and

Papelbons little irish jig is hot. lol. go sox.

There's gotta be something in the air. I'm noticing more BoSox fans mixed with our Canes fans. Maybe, just maybe, a wagon is a strolling around. ;)

With as well as Youk has played lately then I think it would be pretty hard to sit him. Lowell has been good, but overall Papi has been better in the postseason. I think we will see Papi at 1st, Youk at 3rd in the first game at Colorado because the series could only at best be 2-0 Sox by then.

Then I think it depends the number of wins to determine if Lowell, Youk or Papi play. It's not really a huge deal though because all 3 have hit pretty well and one of them will be used as a pinch hitter late in the game anyway......now if we could just get one of them to play short and find a way to leave Lugo in Boston when we go to CO........... ;)

I really think Wake is gonna come up big out in CO. It's gonna be cold (remember how good that knuckler is in the cold) and the Rockies haven't seen Wake's knuckler since July and they didn't fare to well against it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007...tory?id=3075978

Wow, Wake left off the WS Roster. That has GOT to be disappointing for him and the fans. Wake's got a pretty good Knuckler, even if we do homer off of it from time to time. But still... he must be hurting inside knowing he isn't going to "help" win one for the team. Yeah, he helps by sitting out and healing up, and letting someone else pitch who is completely healthy, but still.. you know what I mean.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/news/story?id=3075978' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007...tory?id=3075978[/post]

Wow, Wake left off the WS Roster. That has GOT to be disappointing for him and the fans. Wake's got a pretty good Knuckler, even if we do homer off of it from time to time. But still... he must be hurting inside knowing he isn't going to "help" win one for the team. Yeah, he helps by sitting out and healing up, and letting someone else pitch who is completely healthy, but still.. you know what I mean.

Him and Coco don't suprise me. Wake's been banged up the whole last few months of the season. If by some chance the Red Sox win the series, I bet he retires after a very long and successful career. All his wins the first half of the season helped to get them here. Wonder if that means Lester will pitch?

And your earlier question about Arod vs. Bonds....

Without question, ARod. They both come with their fair share of baggage but ARod is a machine and Bonds is breaking down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/news/story?id=3075978' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007...tory?id=3075978[/post]

Him and Coco don't suprise me. Wake's been banged up the whole last few months of the season. If by some chance the Red Sox win the series, I bet he retires after a very long and successful career. All his wins the first half of the season helped to get them here. Wonder if that means Lester will pitch?

And your earlier question about Arod vs. Bonds....

Without question, ARod. They both come with their fair share of baggage but ARod is a machine and Bonds is breaking down.