The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Video recap of the ACLS:

http://media.putfile.com/2007-ALCS-Recap

Also, heard from someone up in Boston that Lester is the probable 4th pitcher. Wonder if Bucholtz will be on the roster?

After watching this video clip, it occurred to me that Dustin Pedroia is the RedSox, what Chad LaRose is the Hurricanes. They're both extremely likeable locker room guys that energize the team, and provide the necessary spark to push the team to another level. I would award them both the "Littlest Big Man awards".

Video recap of the ACLS:

http://media.putfile.com/2007-ALCS-Recap

Also, heard from someone up in Boston that Lester is the probable 4th pitcher. Wonder if Bucholtz will be on the roster?

After watching this video clip, it occurred to me that Dustin Pedroia is the RedSox, what Chad LaRose is the Hurricanes. They're both extremely likeable locker room guys that energize the team, and provide the necessary spark to push the team to another level. I would award them both the "Littlest Big Man awards".

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007/news/story?id=3075978' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2007...tory?id=3075978[/post]

Wow, Wake left off the WS Roster. That has GOT to be disappointing for him and the fans. Wake's got a pretty good Knuckler, even if we do homer off of it from time to time. But still... he must be hurting inside knowing he isn't going to "help" win one for the team. Yeah, he helps by sitting out and healing up, and letting someone else pitch who is completely healthy, but still.. you know what I mean.

Doesn't shock me about Wake.

Would've taken Tavarez over Snyder though. Unless Tavarez has some injury I've forgotten about. Snyder is almost as bad as Gagne.

Bonds wouldn't be a bad buy for an AL market that needs some kind of hitting. He could possibly draw some attention in Tampa, Baltimore, Oakland (just because of where he lives) something like that. I would like to think the Yankees wouldn't make an offer to Bonds.... but hey, Donkey's Behind's Known As Steinbrenners (DBKAS from now on) have done stupider things in the past, who's to say they wouldn't do it again. :lol:

If the Rockies win against Beckett, I know they'll win. If they win one against Schil, I'd say they have a 50/50 shot then. If they lose both, fuhgetaboutit

Predictions anyone??????

Red Sox in 6 - it will be a tough battle but in the end, experience will trump everything else.

Predictions anyone??????

Red Sox in 6 - it will be a tough battle but in the end, experience will trump everything else.

Rockies in 7, its going all the way. Rockies start off slow due to the lay off, but come fighting back.I know very little to nothing about baseball other then sportscenter or what is brought up here, so I hold my prediction with a grain of salt. My logic, I can't possibly have boston fans having the world series, the super bowl, possibly the nba with garnett and the return of the bruins... all at once, its too much, and I fear it may be a sign of the end of the world... :lol:

Rockies in 7, its going all the way. Rockies start off slow due to the lay off, but come fighting back.I know very little to nothing about baseball other then sportscenter or what is brought up here, so I hold my prediction with a grain of salt. My logic, I can't possibly have boston fans having the world series, the super bowl, possibly the nba with garnett and the return of the bruins... all at once, its too much, and I fear it may be a sign of the end of the world... :lol:

You left out Boston College ;)

You left out Boston College ;)

Amen about Bonds! I've always liked A-Rod... mainly when he was in Texas, but seasons change.

I'm not a baseball fan. I like A-Rod solely because he's a Duke fan:

1673083e.jpg

World Series pick: I'll go with the Sox in 6. I'm pulling for the Rockies because they're an underdog and they're a cool story. Nothing at all against the Sox and their fans on this board, I'll be happy for them if they win.

Of course, my ex who left me for another guy is from Boston...hm.

There's gotta be something in the air. I'm noticing more BoSox fans mixed with our Canes fans. Maybe, just maybe, a wagon is a strolling around. ;)

i can say im not a bandwagon fan.. so. im just speaking for myself.

uhm.. yea. dont forget it almost happened last year with the state of ohio... Ohio state playing in NCAA Basketball Championship game. The NCAA Football Championship game.. and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.. OH so close for OHio.. eh?

Go Rockies!

And am I the only one who's noticed that this thread is severely Red Sox biased? <_<

This thread has been going for at least three boards. Hey, we cant help it if nobody wants to play with us :P .

You could be our only Rockies fan, glad to have you join in the fun.

Go Rockies!

And am I the only one who's noticed that this thread is severely Red Sox biased? <_<

This thread has been going for at least three boards. Hey, we cant help it if nobody wants to play with us :P .

You could be our only Rockies fan, glad to have you join in the fun.

uhm.. yea. dont forget it almost happened last year with the state of ohio... Ohio state playing in NCAA Basketball Championship game. The NCAA Football Championship game.. and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.. OH so close for OHio.. eh?

And I could easily go back to 1986 for the Boston fans where the Pats, Sox and Celtics crashed and burned simultaneously.

For some of the younger folks who only see Boston's sports successes, we've paid some pretty hard dues through the years. As die hard and loyal fans, we're just finally reaping the benefits of all the loyalty now. As true Boston fans....we are well aware that the tide could turn at any moment and we could head right back to the Tony Eason, Len Bias and Bill Buckner days.

And I could easily go back to 1986 for the Boston fans where the Pats, Sox and Celtics crashed and burned simultaneously.

For some of the younger folks who only see Boston's sports successes, we've paid some pretty hard dues through the years. As die hard and loyal fans, we're just finally reaping the benefits of all the loyalty now. As true Boston fans....we are well aware that the tide could turn at any moment and we could head right back to the Tony Eason, Len Bias and Bill Buckner days.

I'm sure there are other people pulling for the Rockies. For those of us without a horse in the race its easier to talk about the Red Sox because they get more coverage throughout the season because of their history and the fact they lead the east all year, unlike the Rockies, who were seemingly out of the race in July and have only made the playoffs once before.

I'll be rooting for the Rockies for multiple reasons, one they are a NL team, the second is that they are an underdog. Lets face it the Red Sox are the Yankee's part 2 (Lots of bandwagon fans, and thus have more cash to spend on whomever they would like, not that I wouldn't be happy if my team had the same competitive advantage), so it makes them hard to route for if you tend towards underdogs anyway.