The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Some rust by the Rox, but the Wall saves the Sox again and again. Possibly 2 homers for the Rox if not for the wall. But that's why they built it, I know I know. I say build a whole wall around the stadium, let's see how many HR's are hit there for a season. :)

If it was the Yanks and Rox... I'd still prolly watch the Canes came first (as I don't get to see them that often).. but my lovely wife was really good tonight.

Her: A hockey game on the laptop, a baseball game on the television, and I'm laying on the couch (no need for anymore there :D) ... a typical mans dream come true.

Me: Yup, woohoo, we scored! (canes goal)

I went to the Canes game and was back by the 4th inning so I'm happy with my choice. Beckett is just out of this world. I cannot believe his walk to K ratio. You can tell the Sox have destiny on their side when Lugo gets 2 hits.

Darn, really hoped Francis would show up much better than that. Can't blame him too much though, the Sox lineup is just brutal up and down and with the emergence of such players as Pedroia in this post-season. Of course, you gotta hand it to Beckett for really shutting down a Rockies team with pretty good hitters themselves (Holliday, Helton, etc.) Hope this will turn out to be a good series, though.

That actually stopped being fun in the 6th inning.

Even Lugo is getting hot now. Id like to see it a series too, as long as the Sox come out on top ;)

That actually stopped being fun in the 6th inning.

Even Lugo is getting hot now. Id like to see it a series too, as long as the Sox come out on top ;)

Why is it that the AL is so dominant over the NL? Im not trying to sound smug here, I really want to know.

That didn't look like rust to me for the Rockies, that was total dominance by a team that IMO could even take it up another notch if needed. Im not just saying this cause Im a Sox, fan but this team is so much more superior to the 04 team in every way. Both Red Sox teams were good but this one is great and could possibly go down in the history books. Beckett is from another planet with what he's doing and even the Fox announcers are in awe of him. The 04 team was talented and loose but this team is talented, loose but all business. It seemed like the 04 team relied a lot on a good bounce or that one magical hit to feed off of. This team goes out and with a purpose, creates their own atvantages not relying on luck at all. Make any sense?

The Rockies may take one in CO (which I hope) but I don't see them competing at the same level at all. Baseball can be a funny sport though so I won't say its over yet but the signs are sure heading that direction. Even if the Rockies step up their play, they have to find a way to overcome the mental beating they took last night too. Regardless of what happens in Boston, if the Rockies don't take game #3, IMO they're big trouble.

Why is it that the AL is so dominant over the NL? Im not trying to sound smug here, I really want to know.

That didn't look like rust to me for the Rockies, that was total dominance by a team that IMO could even take it up another notch if needed. Im not just saying this cause Im a Sox, fan but this team is so much more superior to the 04 team in every way. Both Red Sox teams were good but this one is great and could possibly go down in the history books. Beckett is from another planet with what he's doing and even the Fox announcers are in awe of him. The 04 team was talented and loose but this team is talented, loose but all business. It seemed like the 04 team relied a lot on a good bounce or that one magical hit to feed off of. This team goes out and with a purpose, creates their own atvantages not relying on luck at all. Make any sense?

The Rockies may take one in CO (which I hope) but I don't see them competing at the same level at all. Baseball can be a funny sport though so I won't say its over yet but the signs are sure heading that direction. Even if the Rockies step up their play, they have to find a way to overcome the mental beating they took last night too. Regardless of what happens in Boston, if the Rockies don't take game #3, IMO they're big trouble.

The series won't get serious until someone looses a game at home. Yes the Rockies got killed but they were going to have to get great pitching to beat Becket and pretty much everyone unassociated with the teams expected the Rockies to loose that game. If they get blown out again tonight then they could be in trouble but I don't think they'll hit the panic button until they loose game 3.

After all every team who game 1 by 10 runs has ultimately lost the series (A few paragraphs in), so its not over yet.

Tonights game makes me nervous

Jiminez is very talented and can pitch a gem

and Schilling might not be great. But I will be optomistic and say

Boston wins 7-4ish

Jiminez unravels like Carmona did :P

Boston wins 7-4ish

I agree, tonights game will be a lot tighter cause Schilling is no Beckett. I still think the Red Sox will take it though because the bull pen fresh(if Schilling implodes early) and the Sox have that confident swagger that it very hard to beat. Home field and experience are working against the Rockies. Whatever happens tonight, game #3 will be a turning point for both sides.

Boston wins 7-4ish

I agree, tonights game will be a lot tighter cause Schilling is no Beckett. I still think the Red Sox will take it though because the bull pen fresh(if Schilling implodes early) and the Sox have that confident swagger that it very hard to beat. Home field and experience are working against the Rockies. Whatever happens tonight, game #3 will be a turning point for both sides.

Schilling wont so to well, im happy to say. (me being a cardinal fan and all) sox, guess your just gonna have to wait another 97 years, when the 200th WS comes around

Its the game Matsusaka gives up the 700 Ft hr but the Sox still win LOL

against Josh I am in a Fogg when Big Papi and Manny take me deep :lol:

this is a joke so the non Red sox fans, please no panties in bunch :lol: (another joke, just havin fun, life is too short , this

is far from real life if you know what i mean :)

Jimenez is rediculous. This is already a great game. GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!

He does look good. Sox can't hit him....yet.

Edit: I take that back, Drew just let one rip...as did Varitek 1-1 .

This is starting to remind of the Angels series, lots of sneaky/smart base running.

Jimenez is rediculous. This is already a great game. GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!

He does look good. Sox can't hit him....yet.

Edit: I take that back, Drew just let one rip...as did Varitek 1-1 .

This is starting to remind of the Angels series, lots of sneaky/smart base running.

:blink::blink::huh::huh::o:o WHAT???? Curt is always good. But... I'm wearing a Varitek shirt (lucky shirt that I wear and each time I do he hits a ton of homeruns!). :lol:

I like Schill but he is not great like before the bloody sock where he could hit 95

he was gutsy tonight.

I was impressed with Halliday and Jiminez for the Rockeis

Okamima and Pabelbon 4.2 IP 1 H 6 K and 0 BB combined.

they were awesome. On to Colorado where Fogg pitches like he is in a Fogg :P