The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

I'll admit I fell asleep in the 7th inning of game 1.

No such problem tonight.

lots of sneaky/smart base running.

unless you're Matt Holliday apparently

I'm not really paying attention, but I'd prefer it if the Rockies win it. Just because the Red Sox seem to win these kind of things too often, and I've never heard of the Rockies winning it.

That might be the first time since 1919 someone's accused the Sox of winning too much.

Man.. I didn't watch the game thinking maybe Rocks will do good if I'm not watching. And they did.. just not good enough. What'd you guys think of the Rockies pitcher? Not bad... I think the momentum will shift now going to Coors Field (HA! WS brought to you by Budweiser, now back to Coors Field.. lol) Good to see the Sox get a hard fought win, and not blow someone out of the water by 12 runs or so. Let's see how Rockies win it in Colorado. They don't win 2 here, they're sunk. If they win 3 in a row, a pretty good chance of winning it. Maybe like 33 percent chance, but still.. weird things can happen.

Im going out on a limb to say the Rockies take game #3. Home field will rejuevenate them...for now.

If the Sox are going to win the series(not saying they will), I really want to see it happen at home in Fenway. I can only imagine what Yawkey Way or Landsdowne Street would be like :o

Im going out on a limb to say the Rockies take game #3. Home field will rejuevenate them...for now.

If the Sox are going to win the series(not saying they will), I really want to see it happen at home in Fenway. I can only imagine what Yawkey Way or Landsdowne Street would be like :o

I wanna see it at home too. Like when we won the cup, i really wanted game 7 because it was going to be home.

The Rockies will win it at Fenway, if they win that is. The Sox.. I think they'll win it at Fenway as well if they do win it.

I really may consider shelling out a bunch of money if this series comes back to Fenway with the Sox up 3-2. My friend isn't even a Sox fan, but he and his Dad bought tiks to game 2 because he's always wanted to go the Series........that got me really jealous to say the least.

If I lived back in NY, and the Yanks went to the Series, we'd buy tickets for a game. We were going to if the Canes went to the Cup finals on 06-07, but that didn't happen. Now we'll have to wait until 07-08 (wife is doing her internship during the Stanley Cup Finals, so no moolah for us during that time)

Looks like Youk sits for at least the start of game #3. What a tough call....Im glad Im not Francona with all of Red Sox Nation praying you make the right choice. Here's my take, if LaRose...umm....Pedroia, Lowell and Varitek keep hitting, it won't matter. Drew and Lugo are both hitting now and this line up is stacked top to bottom, the only risk you take is that Youk cools off from sitting, or Fogg shuts us down. Alex Cora should be in for Lugo cause he's had a lot of success against Fogg. Ellsbury will be fine out in center to start but can be moved over to left if Manny gets into trouble.

My biggest concern is if Francona mixes thing up too much and messes with the chemistry of that line up. He doesn't like to do that either so Im not too worried.

Wonder how much a ticket to Fenway for game #6 or #7 would cost? :o

I can't believe I forgot this....Dice K has to bat. Maybe if he does some of this, we won't miss Papi's bat if he sits :lol: :

This is a must watch!!!!!!

Looks like Youk sits for at least the start of game #3. What a tough call....Im glad Im not Francona with all of Red Sox Nation praying you make the right choice. Here's my take, if LaRose...umm....Pedroia, Lowell and Varitek keep hitting, it won't matter. Drew and Lugo are both hitting now and this line up is stacked top to bottom, the only risk you take is that Youk cools off from sitting, or Fogg shuts us down. Alex Cora should be in for Lugo cause he's had a lot of success against Fogg. Ellsbury will be fine out in center to start but can be moved over to left if Manny gets into trouble.

My biggest concern is if Francona mixes thing up too much and messes with the chemistry of that line up. He doesn't like to do that either so Im not too worried.

Wonder how much a ticket to Fenway for game #6 or #7 would cost? :o

I can't believe I forgot this....Dice K has to bat. Maybe if he does some of this, we won't miss Papi's bat if he sits :lol: :

Wow!! The Dice Man comes through with the bat!!

Also does anyone else wanna see Royce Clayton back next year. I mean he was apparently cut by Toronto early in the season and waited around until Boston called him September so I don't see why we can't just call him in September next year again. The guy wears a microphone every night and is just flat out hilarious. He fits this team's persona so well!!!

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

Man you obviously knew something the rest of us didn't lol.

DiceK The Professional Hitter yo

Those two RBI's from DiceK are looking pretty imporant right now. :unsure:

Those two RBI's from DiceK are looking pretty imporant right now. :unsure:

Man.. finally, some run support for the Rox. I never realized how big their field was (even when I saw them face the Yanks)

Man.. finally, some run support for the Rox. I never realized how big their field was (even when I saw them face the Yanks)

At least a couple of the hits for each team would have been homeruns in any other park.

What is the crowd chanting????

At least a couple of the hits for each team would have been homeruns in any other park.

What is the crowd chanting????

I don't want to hear any complaints about how the Red Sox have bought any playoff wins. Our "home grown rookies" have saved our bacon in most of these games. These guys know how to draft and develop. Pedroia, Youk, Ellsbury, Lester & Bucholtz have all come up through the system.

I don't want to hear any complaints about how the Red Sox have bought any playoff wins. Our "home grown rookies" have saved our bacon in most of these games. These guys know how to draft and develop. Pedroia, Youk, Ellsbury, Lester & Bucholtz have all come up through the system.

The Rockies will win it at Fenway, if they win that is. The Sox.. I think they'll win it at Fenway as well if they do win it.

Sorry wrong answer Caniac :P

The most important thing in this series to me if/when (very very likely now)

My dad who has suffered through so much, besides 2004 with the Sox for over 50 years

will be happy.

:D:DB)

Just when it looks like we're letting them back in it, we turn around and crush them.

1 to go.

Warbird I am impressed with the kids on this team.

Pedrioa and Ellsbury look great and should be here for many many years :D