The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Hm.... it's extraordinary how the Yanks and Sox are similar. If only our Front Office was more like yours. You KEEP homegrown talent, while we ship out young talent for used talent that isn't quite good any more. (Brown, Weaver, Pavano, Abreu, Clemens, need I go on???) Red Sox trade young talent, they got Dave Roberts who started the rally spark. Nuff said about that one. You traded Hanley Ramirez, and got Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell. I hope the Steinys do a better job this year. Sox, congratulations. You guys DESERVE this Championship. I'm no bandwagoner, and I certainly don't love the Sox, (and I was hoping the Great Miracle of 07, the Rox would win) but heres to you Sox. Enjoy the champagne.

Yeah, while I agree that money definetly does matter when it comes to winning games it isn't the be all and end all. The main reason a lot of Sox fans complained about the Yanks money was because the Sox had to keep adding to their payroll to be able to come close to the Yanks by seasons end. I think that if the Sox were out in the AL West then we wouldn't have seen Drew, Lugo or even Dice K. Also I think this payroll is going to drop a lot in the next few years. I think Lugo will be gone come 2009, as will Manny unless he wants to take a big paycut. We have a guy named Lowrie at SS in the minors whose supposed to be really good, Ellsbury in CF, Paps at closer, Youk at first, Pedroia at second, Delcarmen in the pen, Lester and Buchollz in the rotation, etc.

The Sox have been smart enough to spend money on FA's who will help them win, but at the same time keeping their draft picks in check. These picks are the players who are going to make the Sox so good for so long and after 86 years of nothing I think they deserve it!!

Im excited for tonight, not just because the Sox can wrap it up , but because of Jon Lester and Aaron Cook. Two pitchers who have overcome physical challenges and illnesses, and have fought their way back to biggest stage in all od baseball. Im hoping for a good game, and of course, the Red Sox doing their famous jump around all over the field. ;)

Aaron Cook survived life threatening blood clots:

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=col

Jon Lester is a cancer survivor:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos

Im excited for tonight, not just because the Sox can wrap it up , but because of Jon Lester and Aaron Cook. Two pitchers who have overcome physical challenges and illnesses, and have fought their way back to biggest stage in all od baseball. Im hoping for a good game, and of course, the Red Sox doing their famous jump around all over the field. ;)

Aaron Cook survived life threatening blood clots:

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=col

Jon Lester is a cancer survivor:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos

You know.... there are a lot of stupid Red Sox fans, and a lot of stupid Yankees fans. I mean, just plain ignorant. I occasionally goto onto the Yankees message board on the yankees.com site. And man, they're just talking nothing but garbage back and forth. "Who's better, Ellsbury or Melky???" blah blah blah, and the way the forum is... BLAH. I never realized how well this forum is compared to the Yanks forum.

Why can't there be more Sox fans like you TSA, Warbird and medford? You know your stuff, and your not just like "WOO! Sox rule and Yanks drool! HAHAHA!"... well, you might after tonight anyway. :)

You know.... there are a lot of stupid Red Sox fans, and a lot of stupid Yankees fans. I mean, just plain ignorant. I occasionally goto onto the Yankees message board on the yankees.com site. And man, they're just talking nothing but garbage back and forth. "Who's better, Ellsbury or Melky???" blah blah blah, and the way the forum is... BLAH. I never realized how well this forum is compared to the Yanks forum.

Why can't there be more Sox fans like you TSA, Warbird and medford? You know your stuff, and your not just like "WOO! Sox rule and Yanks drool! HAHAHA!"... well, you might after tonight anyway. :)

Thanks for saying so, Ive been bragging about this thread to Marcus forever. Fans from rival teams talking baseball without ever getting into it, through about 100 pages, and at least three different board upgrades. Im sure the Red Sox board is no better, and I think the difference here is we're all fans of baseball. You're not so bad for a Yankee fan ;) .

Thanks for saying so, Ive been bragging about this thread to Marcus forever. Fans from rival teams talking baseball without ever getting into it, through about 100 pages, and at least three different board upgrades. Im sure the Red Sox board is no better, and I think the difference here is we're all fans of baseball. You're not so bad for a Yankee fan ;) .

JEEZ OH MAN! Did ANY of the Rockies players show up for the series!?!?!

1-0 at the top of the 2nd. What a shame.

JEEZ OH MAN! Did ANY of the Rockies players show up for the series!?!?!

1-0 at the top of the 2nd. What a shame.

The Rockies are probably just doing the rest of us a huge favor. Afterall, I'd rather hear the Red Sox fans bragging than whining all the time. :)

Sorry TS,...just couldn't resist. hehe

Man oh man. I thought it was bad enough I had to watch the Sox win a series once in a lifetime and now I have to see it twice! ;)

I think I visited the mlb.com boards maybe once and have steered clear since. Like you said its all garbage "yankees suck" "no red sox suck" type stuff.

The Rockies are probably just doing the rest of us a huge favor. Afterall, I'd rather hear the Red Sox fans bragging than whining all the time. :)

Hey now, c23 just told us we were the good ones, LOL.

1-0 Sox hehehe

Hey now, c23 just told us we were the good ones, LOL.

1-0 Sox hehehe

3-0, 3 more outs. Man... what would it do to your psyche if the Rox won tonight. Oh no, the Curse lives on again, were doomed.. etc etc.. or, eh, they won one finally, we'll win monday.

You're ok TG24. Except your avatar has Ladd with a BoSox shirt. <_<

I know. Most of the team likes the BoSox though <_<

Everyone let Ladd know their dislike of them that day though :lol:

Sad times about A-Rod! :(

Can the Rockies prevent the sweep? That would help ease the pain a little I suppose. ;)

I'm not sad one bit. Maybe we'll swap 3rd basemen with BoSox. Lowell has been productive. And he'd certainly be cheaper. And with the "spare" cash, who knows. Just don't resign Abreu!

Definitely leaves us a lot of cash to use now. It'll sure be interesting to see what Georgie does now that's for certain!

Leave it to ARod to make this announcement during the 8th inning of the World Series Game :rolleyes:

Congrats C23, I hope they go out and get you some pitchers...or maybe not. ;)

6 outs to go......