The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! JOHNNY LESTER BABY!!!!!!

I loved how A Rod and Boras tried to steal the spotlight from the World Series. Get a life you dirtbags. Did anyone else see how BADLY Peter Gammons slammed A Rod after the game? He said that "maybe there is a reason that A Rod has never played in the World Series" and that he disrespected the game. I'd love to see who's gonna shell out 30 million for this s.o.b cuz big Mikey Lowell is here to stay people!!!!!

Doubt it, I cant remember his name but they have SS in the system getting close. Lugo isn't going anywhere.

Jed Lowrie. Supposed to be really good and probably will take over Lugo after '08 if Lugo hits .230 again.

I don't think I have ever been so happy to be WRONG on my prediction.

As far as A-Rod, I hope the BoSox DO NOT go after him and re-sign Lowell.

Don't need that self serving cancer in the BoSox dug-out.

He will probably end up either with the Angels, Mariners, Cubs or Mets.

Here's a prediction for next season. AL East Standings:

Boston :rolleyes:

Toronto

Tampa Bay :blink:

Baltimore ;)

NEW YORK! :lol:

I was listening in last night, and they said someone on the Sox was 8-0 when it comes to World Series. And all I could think was "If you win the thing 8 times with no losses, it loses all meaning".

But honestly, that ending was so anti-climatic. The pitcher throws the ball and suddenly it's over? I'll take a Cup victory, with the timer counting down, and the equipment flying.

That would be Terry Francona, the manager.

There are talking about the Red Sox sweeping the World Series twice. Once in 2004 and again last night.

You may wanna ask someone who plays for / fan of the Thrashers, since they got swept in the playoffs last year to understand how that feels. LOL!!!!

LOL, yeah, go ahead, sign Arod. I'll be more than happy to take Lowell. With as much as Arod has done for us this year in the regular season, still didn't add up to previous Octobers. This year, everybody was to blame in Octobey, not just him. But hey..

You're not gonna get Lowell. You can keep A-rod. :P:P Lowell will stay... just watch. ;)

Since Lowell won the World Series MVP, a good chance now they'll resign him. Hate to disappoint the fans. After Ken Rosenthal said Arod opted out, Theo Epstein was looking at his blackberry and smiling. More than likely because he just recieved word on Arod. Now, would he like Arod? Definitely. Any team would love his bat during the regular season. It's his ego, his post-season stats and his defensive abilities (although he has gotten better at 3rd and was a shortstop for years) that are Cons for him and Borat. Man, if only I could be GM for 1 day, 1 day!!

Now, would he like Arod? Definitely. Any team would love his bat during the regular season.

Ugh... I only liked A-Rod cuz he played for Texas... then he went to Yanks. If I was a generally manager, I wouldn't want him, even if he was the last baseball player in the world. It's like me and Sidney Crosby: liked him young... not anymore.

I don't think I have ever been so happy to be WRONG on my prediction.

As far as A-Rod, I hope the BoSox DO NOT go after him and re-sign Lowell.

Don't need that self serving cancer in the BoSox dug-out.

He will probably end up either with the Angels, Mariners, Cubs or Mets.

Here's a prediction for next season. AL East Standings:

Boston :rolleyes:

Toronto

Tampa Bay :blink:

Baltimore ;)

NEW YORK! :lol:

There's no way Yanks are finishing at the basement. As good as the rookies and prospects Drays have, I think we'd beat out Tampa and Baltimore. So we'd be 3rd at worst.

3 Young Gunz in the line up, Cano infield, Melky (which I think of Manny when I see Melky. People don't see it, but watch.. kid's got the same grin as Manny) Duncan in reserves for OF. Possibly Eric Duncan to play IF.

The Yanks have finally smartened up to using the farm. Unlike the Sox though, they still have over priced players who aren't working here. Pavano, Igawa, Farnsworth, Abreu. There goes millions right there. Probably 50 mil if I had to guess. Plus with Giriadi as the manager (which it's more than likely)

.... anyway, I'll stop being an Arod and give you guys (true and wagoners alike) the spotlight for a few days. You won it, deserved it. My wife keeps rubbing it in that the Sox are the best team in baseball right now. "2 Titles in 4 years huh? .500 huh??" My reply: Win 4 in 5, then talk to me about that kind of stuff.

Ugh... I only liked A-Rod cuz he played for Texas... then he went to Yanks. If I was a generally manager, I wouldn't want him, even if he was the last baseball player in the world. It's like me and Sidney Crosby: liked him young... not anymore.

As much as we don't like them, they're still great players. They have the skills, but unfortunately they know that and that's why their heads are as big as Coors Field. If a team has the money, and they need them, they'll sign them. Even the Sox. Now, will they this year? Dunno. Thats up to Epstein and what he wants to do with Lowell, Lugo, etc etc.. I know Lugo's under contract, but does he have a NTC?

The Globe is reporting that Theo is in talks with Lowell's agent......*cautiously optimistic*

The Globe is reporting that Theo is in talks with Lowell's agent......*cautiously optimistic*

:blink::blink: Ugh... that better be a good sign! :(:mellow:

Lowell said last night he wants to come back to the BoSox.

As much upside as A-Rod has, I just don't think he would be good chemistry in the locker-room. (See Seattle, Texas, Yankees)

I see him either out West or on a National League team.

He lives in Miami, so the Marlins wouldn't be bad, but they would have to sign the team over to him.

Dodgers are a possibility, as are the Cubs and Mets in the National League.

Angels and believe it or not, Texas are interested in A-Rod.

Heard those chants loud and clear last night. I hope they make it work with Lowell, sound like both sides want it.

According to what Ive read, the money isn't an issue. Mike wants 4 years and the Red Sox want to give him two. I say up the money and compromise at three. But that's just me....

Check out my new sig...

Heard those chants loud and clear last night. I hope they make it work with Lowell, sound like both sides want it.

According to what Ive read, the money isn't an issue. Mike wants 4 years and the Red Sox want to give him two. I say up the money and compromise at three. But that's just me....

Check out my new sig...