The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

2 things...

Red Sox might be interested (as suspected) in Arod...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292007/sport...ks_lucchino.htm[/post]

And medford might be happy about this if it comes true..

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292007/sport...e_hollywood.htm

If Joe Torre would come to LA I would be estatic. He is the best manager in baseball still

I dont want the egostical maniac A Fraud on my team. Go play with KC (not likely) with no

pressure. He is a jerk opting out of $25 Million. I know some people who have to work

very hard in life and this jerk opts out of that much money. He is a greedy person.

Go back to Seattle with no pressure, you cant handle NY, Boston or LA

sorry for the rant but this is how I feel.

If Joe Torre would come to LA I would be estatic. He is the best manager in baseball still

I dont want the egostical maniac A Fraud on my team. Go play with KC (not likely) with no

pressure. He is a jerk opting out of $25 Million. I know some people who have to work

very hard in life and this jerk opts out of that much money. He is a greedy person.

Go back to Seattle with no pressure, you cant handle NY, Boston or LA

sorry for the rant but this is how I feel.

Rant on! I hate A-Rod especially ever since he yelled at the Toronto 3rd baseman when fielding a pop fly, or the time he tryed slapping it out the Red Soxs 1st baseman's hand. Unclassy and totally unprofessional. I was actually at the Blue Jays game when A-Rod got plunked and it was worth every dollar seeing his face on the jumboscreen looking like he was about to burst into tears.

Medford- Back to KC? You're way too kind, I say send him to Tokyo B)

I think Arod should goto Florida. It would help us (the Yankees) out, and it would help Florida out for wanting to stay and get a new stadium.

They say they have extra money to sign players, lets see how much exactly.

Since Medford was allowed to rant, I will too.....

So all day long I've looked forward to hearing and reading all the media reports of the World Series win for the Red Sox. But no..........its all about the Yankees crumbling, Steinbrenner Jr being a PR nightmare, Scott Boras just being a total jerk and ARod being ARod. Seriously, does this franchise not understand why most of the country calls them the Evil Empire???? No offense C23.

The lead story from last night should have read, "Young cancer survivor overcomes all odds to win game #4 and clinch a 2nd World Series win for Boston in 4 years, in his first EVER post season start".

Was that not sensational enough? I have never been so disgusted with the media as I have been today. Tomorrow ESPN will be covering the Red Sox parade in Boston at noon, and if they even dare to announce breaking news coming out of the Bronx, I personally will fly to NY and slap Steinbrenner Jr. The only saving grace is that Suzyn Waldron, whom I can't stand to listen to on the Yankee's broadcast, also called out Arod and Boras for having disrespectful and just plain disgusting behavior. Go Suzyn!!!!!

Ok, rant over...

Since Medford was allowed to rant, I will too.....

So all day long I've looked forward to hearing and reading all the media reports of the World Series win for the Red Sox. But no..........its all about the Yankees crumbling, Steinbrenner Jr being a PR nightmare, Scott Boras just being a total jerk and ARod being ARod. Seriously, does this franchise not understand why most of the country calls them the Evil Empire???? No offense C23.

The lead story from last night should have read, "Young cancer survivor overcomes all odds to win game #4 and clinch a 2nd World Series win for Boston in 4 years, in his first EVER post season start".

Was that not sensational enough? I have never been so disgusted with the media as I have been today. Tomorrow ESPN will be covering the Red Sox parade in Boston at noon, and if they even dare to announce breaking news coming out of the Bronx, I personally will fly to NY and slap Steinbrenner Jr. The only saving grace is that Suzyn Waldron, whom I can't stand to listen to on the Yankee's broadcast, also called out Arod and Boras for having disrespectful and just plain disgusting behavior. Go Suzyn!!!!!

Ok, rant over...

Funny... here, it's been all about the Red Sox (spring training is here). Occasionally about Arod and Boras, and here Giriadi was offered the manager job, but mostly Boston. Feel any better?

Funny... here, it's been all about the Red Sox (spring training is here). Occasionally about Arod and Boras, and here Giriadi was offered the manager job, but mostly Boston. Feel any better?

A little, LOL, but Im here in NC and not in Ft Meyers, the springtime home for the Boston Red Sox.

BTW, you do know you have a tropical storm heading your way, right?

A little, LOL, but Im here in NC and not in Ft Meyers, the springtime home for the Boston Red Sox.

BTW, you do know you have a tropical storm heading your way, right?

Eh... kinda. Were in the path of uncertainty. We're use to it. It's nothing to worry about (at least for me). We survived Hurricane Charlie and Wilma. And Ivan. And God knows who else. TS or Catergory 4 and under, we're ok. 5, now we're in trouble.

So I'm going to be the guy who says it but I would want A-Rod on my team, if he was an improvement over the player at 3rd base/short stop relative to his price and the teams overall budget. So given the Cubs sit on a large fan base and have money to burn, assuming the ownership situation ever gets sorted out, I wouldn't mind seeing him signed to play SS if the GM thinks he could go back to the position.

Yes his agent is winning no friends and being a complete pain by announcing that A-Rod opted out of his contract durring the world series but this doesn't change that he is the best player in the league. I think something people are overlooking is he didn't like playing in NY. Now we'll see if he follows the money again and plays for someone like Texas for a ridiculous amount but I'm not sure he'll do that this time. Personally I'm going to wait and see where he signs and for how much before I get in a huff about it.

But then again I'd welcome Barry Bonds if I routed for an AL team, so obviously the level of jerk I would be willing to route for is pretty high.

So I'm going to be the guy who says it but I would want A-Rod on my team, if he was an improvement over the player at 3rd base/short stop relative to his price and the teams overall budget. So given the Cubs sit on a large fan base and have money to burn, assuming the ownership situation ever gets sorted out, I wouldn't mind seeing him signed to play SS if the GM thinks he could go back to the position.

Yes his agent is winning no friends and being a complete pain by announcing that A-Rod opted out of his contract durring the world series but this doesn't change that he is the best player in the league. I think something people are overlooking is he didn't like playing in NY. Now we'll see if he follows the money again and plays for someone like Texas for a ridiculous amount but I'm not sure he'll do that this time. Personally I'm going to wait and see where he signs and for how much before I get in a huff about it.

But then again I'd welcome Barry Bonds if I routed for an AL team, so obviously the level of jerk I would be willing to route for is pretty high.

LOL, I like the honesty. If I was the fan of team other than Boston, maybe I'd feel the same way.

LOL, I like the honesty. If I was the fan of team other than Boston, maybe I'd feel the same way.

If Theo signs A Rod I will go nuts. Like Peter Gammons said, there is a reason he's never played in a WSeries. The entire sporting universe hates this guy, and yes if they break into the victory parade to show a manager being announced or an A Rod press conference then Bud Selig will need to watch his back because Red Sox Nation will hunt him down.

We can have a dynasty in the making and actually be decreasing our payroll over the next few years with Clement/Gagne/Schill or Wake all taken off and Renteria's salary gone. Lowell is a GG 3rd baseman, class act, and MVP of this team, Lugo can only get better and even if he doesn't we have Jed Lowrie in AAA. Theo has repeatedly said he wants Lowell back and with the resign Lowell and don't sign Arod chants last night I think it's gonna work out fine.

I'd like to see the same team next year but Coco gone for a reliever, Kapler resigned to replace Hinske, Buchollz in the rotation for either Schill or Wake.

I would like to see some NL teams start to finally get good. The Fall Classic has gotten to be a joke. Teams like the Rockies, D Backs, Marlins, etc. will eventually be good because of their good young players, but will trade them away to save little money and their teams will be in the gutter again. Then you have the big market teams like the Mets and Cubs who throw money around for anybody but pitchers. Just stupid on their parts. Also Fox needs to start the pre game festivities at 7:20 so 1/2 the country isn't sleeping by inning 5.

Lowell has said he loved the Yankees. Great system they had... with Arod gone, he knows he can come back. But does he really want to? Arod "said" he wanted to stay.. look how that ended.

If Theo signs A Rod I will go nuts. Like Peter Gammons said, there is a reason he's never played in a WSeries. The entire sporting universe hates this guy, and yes if they break into the victory parade to show a manager being announced or an A Rod press conference then Bud Selig will need to watch his back because Red Sox Nation will hunt him down.

We can have a dynasty in the making and actually be decreasing our payroll over the next few years with Clement/Gagne/Schill or Wake all taken off and Renteria's salary gone. Lowell is a GG 3rd baseman, class act, and MVP of this team, Lugo can only get better and even if he doesn't we have Jed Lowrie in AAA. Theo has repeatedly said he wants Lowell back and with the resign Lowell and don't sign Arod chants last night I think it's gonna work out fine.

I'd like to see the same team next year but Coco gone for a reliever, Kapler resigned to replace Hinske, Buchollz in the rotation for either Schill or Wake.

I would like to see some NL teams start to finally get good. The Fall Classic has gotten to be a joke. Teams like the Rockies, D Backs, Marlins, etc. will eventually be good because of their good young players, but will trade them away to save little money and their teams will be in the gutter again. Then you have the big market teams like the Mets and Cubs who throw money around for anybody but pitchers. Just stupid on their parts. Also Fox needs to start the pre game festivities at 7:20 so 1/2 the country isn't sleeping by inning 5.

As much as I love my Yanks, I'd love to see the Rays win it all. They have great young players. Kazmir, Harris, Zobrist, Crawford.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Yanks trade for Harris and moving Cano to third if we couldnt sign a 3rd baseman.

Lowell has said he loved the Yankees. Great system they had... with Arod gone, he knows he can come back. But does he really want to? Arod "said" he wanted to stay.. look how that ended.

Huh....never heard that. I have heard him say that his heart is in Boston and I've heard both he and Theo say they want him back at 3rd next year. Seriously if A Rod becomes a Red Sock I will begin to really question my loyalty to that team. No joke. I absolutely detest that guy. Does he know how many people would kill for 25 million a year?? It wasn't just about getting out of NY A Rod you wanted more millions.

Huh....never heard that. I have heard him say that his heart is in Boston and I've heard both he and Theo say they want him back at 3rd next year. Seriously if A Rod becomes a Red Sock I will begin to really question my loyalty to that team. No joke. I absolutely detest that guy. Does he know how many people would kill for 25 million a year?? It wasn't just about getting out of NY A Rod you wanted more millions.

I never heard that either :huh:

I never heard that either :huh: