The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

LOL, I like the honesty. If I was the fan of team other than Boston, maybe I'd feel the same way.

If I was a boston fan I would probably be wanting to stick to Lowell if only because he won't be as expensive as Arod and the sox have other pieces to worry about.

ESPN saying the Dodgers are making a play for Torre.

Thoughts medford? Didn't realize Grady'd worn out his welcome in LA already.

Warbird, Grady always wears out his welcome :P

seriously I would be estatic if this happened. One of the best of all time

and a lot of resourses to get good really soon. Some good young talent

along with decent vets etc. Its not like the NL is world beaters as we

saw. Only time will tell.

I would like to see some NL teams start to finally get good. The Fall Classic has gotten to be a joke. Teams like the Rockies, D Backs, Marlins, etc. will eventually be good because of their good young players, but will trade them away to save little money and their teams will be in the gutter again. Then you have the big market teams like the Mets and Cubs who throw money around for anybody but pitchers. Just stupid on their parts. Also Fox needs to start the pre game festivities at 7:20 so 1/2 the country isn't sleeping by inning 5.

The NL won it last year and there are a lot of young teams that could get better as you said. But the Cubs do throw money at pitchers, just not good ones who don't get hurt.

Papelbon was the life of the "Rolling Rally" today in Boston. He did about 3 dances on the float/stage, but the space was limited so it wasn't as good as the last 2. He actually wore a kilt for one of the ones he did with Timlin and Oki.

I would like to see Curt back though. He's transformed himself into a location pitcher and the results shone through this October. I do not think he will get 13 million from anyone though. If that is what he's looking for then goodbye and good luck. I don't think Wake is up to it physically to go another full season because he's broken down the last 2 Septembers.

Also does anyone know of any sites like Youtube that actually let you download the videos? I'm looking for some videos of Papelbon's riverdances, but Youtube is the only place that I can fiand any on. I've already checked Google Video.

I was pretty much glued to NESN all day watching the day unfold and there were some great highlights:

The old timers float (Yaz, Pesky and Dimaggio)

The crowd chanting "sign Mike Lowell" as the owner's float went by

The crowd chanting "stay away Arod" as the owners float went by

Drop Kick Murphy's playing all those classic Red Sox songs live

The "Bull Pen Band" doing their thing on one float

The illusive Manny was thought to not have even made it to the parade on time (he did)

The dumb NESN announcer who commented on all the "booing" when Youk went by :rolleyes:

Papelbon, Timlin and Oki riverdancing (Oki needs to stick with pitching)

The kids in the crowd telling their teachers over the broadcast they were "skipping school"

Mike Lowell's Fenway interview

Bobby Kielty's interview- he's been officially dubbed the Dave Roberts of 2007.

Did anyone else think Manny looked like Stevie Wonder? :lol:

What a great day in Boston...*sigh-so jealous I wasn't there*

Canesn'Bosox, Im sure all the videos and pictures will start being available very soon on line.

I was pretty much glued to NESN all day watching the day unfold and there were some great highlights:

The old timers float (Yaz, Pesky and Dimaggio)

The crowd chanting "sign Mike Lowell" as the owner's float went by

The crowd chanting "stay away Arod" as the owners float went by

Drop Kick Murphy's playing all those classic Red Sox songs live

The "Bull Pen Band" doing their thing on one float

The illusive Manny was thought to not have even made it to the parade on time (he did)

The dumb NESN announcer who commented on all the "booing" when Youk went by :rolleyes:

Papelbon, Timlin and Oki riverdancing (Oki needs to stick with pitching)

The kids in the crowd telling their teachers over the broadcast they were "skipping school"

Mike Lowell's Fenway interview

Bobby Kielty's interview- he's been officially dubbed the Dave Roberts of 2007.

Did anyone else think Manny looked like Stevie Wonder? :lol:

What a great day in Boston...*sigh-so jealous I wasn't there*

Canesn'Bosox, Im sure all the videos and pictures will start being available very soon on line.

I don't think Torre to the Dodgers is such a bad thing...but here's the #1 shirt of course:

champs.jpg

I don't think Torre to the Dodgers is such a bad thing...but here's the #1 shirt of course:

champs.jpg

oh man I want that shirt

I looked on line for you b ut came up empty. Here's a quote from someone who was right there in Copley Square:

" But the highlight was Papelbon with the dropkick murphy's. He danced to two classic Boston anthems, sang along with them, and then right before they pulled off, yelled into the mic "DONT SIGN AROD, WE WANT LOWELL". I have NEVER heard an eruption of cheers that loud in my life."

oh man I want that shirt

I looked on line for you b ut came up empty. Here's a quote from someone who was right there in Copley Square:

" But the highlight was Papelbon with the dropkick murphy's. He danced to two classic Boston anthems, sang along with them, and then right before they pulled off, yelled into the mic "DONT SIGN AROD, WE WANT LOWELL". I have NEVER heard an eruption of cheers that loud in my life."

let me start off by stating that i am definitely not a red sox fan. however, they went on a very impressive run after being down 3-1 to cleveland. honestly, i thought that they were dead at that point. it's strange how the sox have gone from cursed to blessed. they're certainly an entertaining team to watch. so...congrats to the red sox.

Papelbon was on Letterman last night...I'm looking for a link.

It was hilarious. I taped it, but there's one on Bostondirtdogs.com. Also Manny and Ortiz will be will on late night talk shows Friday night. I can't remember which exactly.......that's right I said Manny will be on a talk show. ;)