The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

ugh, im so depressed my d-rays are changing, c'mon how is a sun ray going to be intimidating?? at least before we could say that steve irwin ain't got anything on us....ok thats bad, i know im going to hell. but not as bad as the sunshine team.

God Bless a real fan. B) I am proud to know that there are some Rays fans.

I hope it comes together for you someday. I am not being mean, I am being

serious, it would be nice to see TB win 95 games and make the playoffs

anything is possible, if you told me the Rockies would make the WS I would

have thought you were crazy

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html

Yanks still want Lowell. As first base. Here I thought we were going going to get away from the spending millions and millions, and here we go again. Forget Lowell. Let Andy Phillips play 1st, or trade some extra baggage for a 1st base b+ or A type prospect. Great, we signed Posada, and thats fine. He's been with us for years, so I can understand that. Mo though wants 4 years. And he's already 38. Let him walk, hire some Asian relief help, and some other RP and see who can close. Give everyone a chance. Hire Kerry Wood, Jeremy Affeldt, Chris Reistma, *maybe* David Riske (have to give up a draft pick). 1st base.. dunno.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html''>http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html' target="_blank">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html[/post]

Yanks still want Lowell. As first base. Here I thought we were going going to get away from the spending millions and millions, and here we go again. Forget Lowell. Let Andy Phillips play 1st, or trade some extra baggage for a 1st base b+ or A type prospect. Great, we signed Posada, and thats fine. He's been with us for years, so I can understand that. Mo though wants 4 years. And he's already 38. Let him walk, hire some Asian relief help, and some other RP and see who can close. Give everyone a chance. Hire Kerry Wood, Jeremy Affeldt, Chris Reistma, *maybe* David Riske (have to give up a draft pick). 1st base.. dunno.

If they sign Lowell at 1st base, its out of pure desperation and only to spite the Red Sox. That, and I mean no disrespect to you C23, is a pathetic move from a desperate organization.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html''>http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html' target="_blank">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/yanks-want-lowe.html[/post]

If they sign Lowell at 1st base, its out of pure desperation and only to spite the Red Sox. That, and I mean no disrespect to you C23, is a pathetic move from a desperate organization.

It would be a crappy move. I like Lowell, but not at 4/50. He'll learn he can't get 4/50 anywhere else, and resign with Sox for 3/35. Keep who we have, promote Eric Duncan and another prospect to try it out. Couldn't hurt, you know??

:angry: To the Lowell factor.

:D To the Arod Factor. (By the way, TSA, I'm keeping the "No Arod" sig and avatar up on my site for a long time!!!!) :P

Lowell must, must, MUST sign with the Sox. The Sox need him and he needs the Sox. He and the Sox are family... just like Arod and Yankees :lol: . Anyways, I'm happy with the Arod/ Yankees deal. My mouth drops about the money but it's the big leagues, so you can't stop the 10 year contract! ~Fainting about money still~

I think Lowell will stay the same, or decline. I don't see him getting better. I'm trying to scrape up enough to buy the new LG Voyager (competition for the iPhone), which out of contract will cost me at least 300 bucks, but thats like a nickel compared to 275 Million. :P

I still don't like Arod, but since he's back there, I feel like we're not going to trade away all of our youth now. Just some of it.

Could someone please tell me that I'm overreacting to the fact that Lowell isn't wearing anything with the Red Sox logo on it?

untitled-4.jpg

Could someone please tell me that I'm overreacting to the fact that Lowell isn't wearing anything with the Red Sox logo on it?

untitled-4.jpg

It's the offseason so he can wear whatever he wants. But TSA: His shirt is redish-maroon. Not too bad.

Not making me feel any better yet, but thanks for trying.

It's the offseason so he can wear whatever he wants. But TSA: His shirt is redish-maroon. Not too bad.

Not making me feel any better yet, but thanks for trying.

Hurricane colors are red and white, but you don't see me as a Sox fan. ;)

And you're not helping either :angry: , LOL

Hurricane colors are red and white, but you don't see me as a Sox fan. ;)

And you're not helping either :angry: , LOL

It proves he is a Redskins fan :P

top you are overreacting a bit, its the Patriot fan part of

you coming out :lol: jK,,,,, its no biggie... and if

Lowell gets 4 yrs $50mm I do not want him. He will be 38

by then and most likely with a very very slow bat.

Havent the Sox learned from older players (except for Clemens)

getting overpaid when leaving and they underperforming?

Damon, good 1st year, so-so and injured 2nd year

Pedro, good 1st year, decent 2nd year and they injured

and will never capture what he was previously

I know, I just hate this being in limbo. Im hoping Lowell realizes that Fenway is the place where he can hit like he does and the money won't be worth having if he has to answer to the Steinbrenner family for four years. :o

Ok, now I'm feeling a little better:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1045308&format=text' target="_blank">http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basebal...amp;format=text[/post]

I know, I just hate this being in limbo. Im hoping Lowell realizes that Fenway is the place where he can hit like he does and the money won't be worth having if he has to answer to the Steinbrenner family for four years. :o

Ok, now I'm feeling a little better:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1045308&format=text' target="_blank">http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basebal...amp;format=text[/post]

Looks like Mariano is following Arod's lead...3 years for $45million.

ALEX'S BIG A-POLOGY

By BRAD HAMILTON and JAMES FANELLI

November 18, 2007 -- The reconciliation between A-Rod and Yankee brass began last week with two simple words: I'm sorry.

With his public image taking a hit, a humbled Alex Rodri guez flew to Tampa without his agent to meet Hank and Hal Steinbrenner.

"There were mistakes made by his agent [scott Boras]," Hank Steinbrenner told The Post yesterday. "[Rodriguez] very strongly apologized."

The mea culpa was what the Steinbrenners needed to hear before hashing out a soon-to-be-inked 10-year contract with the slugger valued at a record $300 million.

"I needed to be convinced that he really wanted to be a Yankee, and he really does," Hank Steinbrenner said. "He wanted me to know that."

A-Rod's penance to the Pinstripes capped three weeks of a messy breakup with the team, which saw the third baseman heed the advice of his combative agent and opt out of the last three years of his contract.

"This year was a magical season," Rodriguez told MLB.com. "The way things went, we came up a little short at the end. But other than that, I'm happy with the way the year went. My wife and I finally feel like we're New Yorkers."

The Yankees had offered the slugger five-year extension for $140 million.

"We reached out to him, and then he didn't call us back," Steinbrenner said. "Scott did mess things up."

Boras announced that A-Rod was opting for free agency during the late innings of the final game of the World Series. The frosty relations between the Yankees and A-Rod's camp didn't start to thaw until days later, when the slugger asked billionaire buddy Warren Buffett how he could ingratiate himself with the Steinbrenners.

The financial whiz and avid baseball fan told A-Rod to approach the clan without Boras, The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site yesterday.

Rodriguez then contacted the Yankees through friend John Mallory, a Goldman Sachs executive who handles a Steinbrenner account.

Mallory passed the word on to Goldman partner Gerry Cardinale, head of media and telecommunications investments, who told Yankee President Randy Levine that Rodriguez was filled with remorse, according to the Journal.

"I don't know why. Maybe he was shy about calling back," Steinbrenner told The Post, when asked why Rodriguez did not approach the team directly.

Rodriguez is close to finalizing a 10-year deal worth $275 million and is negotiating a possible revenue-sharing deal that could push the contract beyond $300 million.

brad.hamilton@nypost.com

Looks like Mariano is following Arod's lead...3 years for $45million.

ALEX'S BIG A-POLOGY

By BRAD HAMILTON and JAMES FANELLI

November 18, 2007 -- The reconciliation between A-Rod and Yankee brass began last week with two simple words: I'm sorry.

With his public image taking a hit, a humbled Alex Rodri guez flew to Tampa without his agent to meet Hank and Hal Steinbrenner.

"There were mistakes made by his agent [scott Boras]," Hank Steinbrenner told The Post yesterday. "[Rodriguez] very strongly apologized."

The mea culpa was what the Steinbrenners needed to hear before hashing out a soon-to-be-inked 10-year contract with the slugger valued at a record $300 million.

"I needed to be convinced that he really wanted to be a Yankee, and he really does," Hank Steinbrenner said. "He wanted me to know that."

A-Rod's penance to the Pinstripes capped three weeks of a messy breakup with the team, which saw the third baseman heed the advice of his combative agent and opt out of the last three years of his contract.

"This year was a magical season," Rodriguez told MLB.com. "The way things went, we came up a little short at the end. But other than that, I'm happy with the way the year went. My wife and I finally feel like we're New Yorkers."

The Yankees had offered the slugger five-year extension for $140 million.

"We reached out to him, and then he didn't call us back," Steinbrenner said. "Scott did mess things up."

Boras announced that A-Rod was opting for free agency during the late innings of the final game of the World Series. The frosty relations between the Yankees and A-Rod's camp didn't start to thaw until days later, when the slugger asked billionaire buddy Warren Buffett how he could ingratiate himself with the Steinbrenners.

The financial whiz and avid baseball fan told A-Rod to approach the clan without Boras, The Wall Street Journal reported on its Web site yesterday.

Rodriguez then contacted the Yankees through friend John Mallory, a Goldman Sachs executive who handles a Steinbrenner account.

Mallory passed the word on to Goldman partner Gerry Cardinale, head of media and telecommunications investments, who told Yankee President Randy Levine that Rodriguez was filled with remorse, according to the Journal.

"I don't know why. Maybe he was shy about calling back," Steinbrenner told The Post, when asked why Rodriguez did not approach the team directly.

Rodriguez is close to finalizing a 10-year deal worth $275 million and is negotiating a possible revenue-sharing deal that could push the contract beyond $300 million.

brad.hamilton@nypost.com

Welcome Home Mike Lowell!

Sox, Lowell agree to deal

From the Globe's Nick Cafardo

"Free-agent third baseman Mike Lowell has agreed in principle to the framework of a three-year deal to return to the Red Sox, major league baseball sources close to the negotiations have confirmed. Lowell, 33, tested the free-agent waters, and may have received at least one four-year offer from another undisclosed team, but in the end the Sox third baseman elected to stay where he was most comfortable. Sources indicate that the three year deal is worth in the $36-$38 million range. The Red Sox had placed a deadline of today for Lowell to make up his mind. If Lowell had passed on the Sox offer, which remained pretty close to the original offer they made the World Series MVP, they were ready to begin implmenting their Plan B. The Sox have now re-signed both of their major free-agents - Curt Schilling, who agreed to a one-year deal for $8 million and $5 million in incentives. The Sox could now entertain a deal for outfielder Coco Crisp sometimes between now and the winter meetings in December."

"Free-agent third baseman Mike Lowell has agreed in principle to the framework of a three-year deal to return to the Red Sox, major league baseball sources close to the negotiations have confirmed. Lowell, 33, tested the free-agent waters, and may have received at least one four-year offer from another undisclosed team, but in the end the Sox third baseman elected to stay where he was most comfortable. Sources indicate that the three year deal is worth in the $36-$38 million range. The Red Sox had placed a deadline of today for Lowell to make up his mind. If Lowell had passed on the Sox offer, which remained pretty close to the original offer they made the World Series MVP, they were ready to begin implmenting their Plan B. The Sox have now re-signed both of their major free-agents - Curt Schilling, who agreed to a one-year deal for $8 million and $5 million in incentives. The Sox could now entertain a deal for outfielder Coco Crisp sometimes between now and the winter meetings in December."

Great news and he stuck to only 3 years

Great Mike Lowell, you are not greedy unlike some 3b we know :P

Orlando Cabrerra to the White Sox for John Garland. I wonder if the Angels will make a play for Miguel Tejada for SS now. I still can't figure out why Theo let him walk after 2004. He's won two gold gloves since and now that I think of it, why did the Angels let him go? Maybe part of a bigger trade cause I didn't think pitching was their problem, don't they need a big hitter? Hmmm, Miguel Cabrerra?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7466208

Medford, Mike Lowell is total class and is the anti-Arod.