The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Orlando Cabrerra to the White Sox for John Garland. I wonder if the Angels will make a play for Miguel Tejada for SS now. I still can't figure out why Theo let him walk after 2004. He's won two gold gloves since and now that I think of it, why did the Angels let him go? Maybe part of a bigger trade cause I didn't think pitching was their problem, don't they need a big hitter? Hmmm, Miguel Cabrerra?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7466208

Medford, Mike Lowell is total class and is the anti-Arod.

I haven't been following baseball since the WS, but any news on Johan Santana on where he may end up? I really hope the Devil Rays will resign Carlos Pena! Who knows what other teams will offer him though.

I'm glad Lowell stayed in BoSox. He would've made a great 3B here, but not for the money and years he was asking. He knew he wasn't going to get as much anywhere as Boston. And no, still nothing new with Johan. Supposedly, Twins made an offer to him for an extension, something like 93 mil? But that's just a rumor, and hasn't been confirmed.

I wonder what'll happen with Johan Santana, Kazmir, Pena, and Miggy Cabrera. Where they'll go I mean.

Yeah, but if some team threw a bunch of prospects for the Red Sox killer, the Rays would take, no?

I would guess yes, but PLEASE send him to the National League.

Yeah, but if some team threw a bunch of prospects for the Red Sox killer, the Rays would take, no?

I would guess yes, but PLEASE send him to the National League.

Maybe the Yanks will sign Kerry Wood as a spot starter/reliever. He's one of those high risk signings that could be great if he's healthy and good. We need to help the bullpen big time. Even if Mussina sucks every now and again, if we've got a good bullpen, it won't go spiraling down. Maybe look into the Land of the Rising Sun for some help. :D I know we're also looking into Scott Linebrink and Ron Mahay. Who knows...

Nice job for Mikey Lowell on coming back, the Sox stuck to their guns and he showed why he's a class act. I'm happy the Sox are dumping a bunch of payroll next year though (Clement, Schilling excess, Gagne, Hinske, etc.), but what is the Yanks payroll gonna be with Rivera, Posada and A-Fraud getting raises?!

Mo and Jorge get the huge raises because they're Yankees. They've been with the team a long time, and the Yanks burned them this past season by not negotiating contracts until the end of the season. Made them mad, and viola, they wanted some more money. They were going to give Arod 280 for 5 years on the extension, now they're giving him 275 for 10 years, which is still "Cheaper" than what they would have given him before.

After this season (2008)

Giambi: $21M

Abreu: $16M

Mussina: $11M

Pavano: $11M

Farnsworth: $5.5M

will all be coming off the books. I can't wait for that right there.

Mo and Jorge get the huge raises because they're Yankees. They've been with the team a long time, and the Yanks burned them this past season by not negotiating contracts until the end of the season. Made them mad, and viola, they wanted some more money. They were going to give Arod 280 for 5 years on the extension, now they're giving him 275 for 10 years, which is still "Cheaper" than what they would have given him before.

After this season (2008)

Giambi: $21M Abreu: $16M

Mussina: $11M

Pavano: $11M

Farnsworth: $5.5M :P

will all be coming off the books. I can't wait for that right there.

Now where is Giambi supposed to get his $$ to pay for his steriods :P

and Pavano supposed to get for his $2 MM per career win for NY

and Farsworth supposed to pay for his earplugs for the boos

hes getting. :P (maybe he can consult with Eric Gagne

for his time in Boston LOL)

jk c23 I know my Dodgers have made a lot of mistakes as well

we are both just fortunate that they can kinda hide them

unlike some teams.

As a Sox fan as well, I cant wait for them to get

rid of Julio 237 Average Lugo for his $9 MM

and Matty $2 MM per win Clement as well

time for Matty to go to KC or Milwaukee

a team with no pressure, where he might

excel, because he does have some talent

I was hoping the Yanks signed him for 1 year and see how he did. With Linebrink getting as much as he did, I wonder how much Vizcaino will cost us. We need bullpen help... LOTS of bullpen help. I wouldn't mind having the Jap import Iwase.. seen some videos on him. He might be helpful. Wood would have been nice. I just hope we don't lose out on type A draft signings.

Johan Santana to the Red Sox?????

Beckett, Santana, Dice-k, Schilling, Wake, Bucholz, Okajima, DelCarmen, Timlin and Pap......whoa.

The latest rumor involving the Red Sox and Santana is the juiciest yet. According to a report from Charlie Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press (who sources

Beckett, Santana, Dice-k, Schilling, Wake, Bucholz, Okajima, DelCarmen, Timlin and Pap......whoa.

The latest rumor involving the Red Sox and Santana is the juiciest yet. According to a report from Charlie Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press (who sources

The RedSox are supposedly very close to a trade that would land them Santana

Twins get:

Jon Lester

Coco Crisp

Jed Lowrie

Michael Bowden

RedSox get:

Johan Santana

All I have to say to that is wow...

Haha, beat you to it. Read two posts above you :)

And I thought it was Masterson?

The RedSox are supposedly very close to a trade that would land them Santana

Twins get:

Jon Lester

Coco Crisp

Jed Lowrie

Michael Bowden

RedSox get:

Johan Santana

All I have to say to that is wow...

Haha, beat you to it. Read two posts above you :)

And I thought it was Masterson?