The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Well ESPN is dropping the first big name that is supposedly in the report http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129' target="_blank">Roger Clemens[/post].

That doesn't suprise me, I think many of the "old timers" are gonna be named.

I think the biggest suprise for me will be if Damon gets named, which is a rumor I read somewhere. Im not sure how much water all the naming will hold cause during the steroid era, most players were involved one way or another and its the MLB's fault for not trying to get a handle on it then. Its the ones that are still using now or recently in the past that will bother me.

I kinda wish that any player that was using during the steroid era and then stopped would have come clean before the report came out. I really believe that at this point, people are ready to forgive and forget for those willing to take responsibilty for their actions. Its the players that refuse to take responsibilty (see Bonds) that urk the heck out of me. It would have really lessened the blow to baseball that's coming today.

Well ESPN is dropping the first big name that is supposedly in the report http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129' target="_blank">Roger Clemens[/post].

That doesn't suprise me, I think many of the "old timers" are gonna be named.

I think the biggest suprise for me will be if Damon gets named, which is a rumor I read somewhere. Im not sure how much water all the naming will hold cause during the steroid era, most players were involved one way or another and its the MLB's fault for not trying to get a handle on it then. Its the ones that are still using now or recently in the past that will bother me.

I kinda wish that any player that was using during the steroid era and then stopped would have come clean before the report came out. I really believe that at this point, people are ready to forgive and forget for those willing to take responsibilty for their actions. Its the players that refuse to take responsibilty (see Bonds) that urk the heck out of me. It would have really lessened the blow to baseball that's coming today.

I think the biggest thing about the report won't be the people you expect, like Bonds or even Clemens, but guys you wouldn't have ever guessed like Chuck Knoblauch, who Sports Illustrated is reporting. Those are the scariest ones because honestly if little guys hitting for no power like Chuck Knoblauch were on the juice I don't think anyone can claim not to be on it and be believed.

Phew, no current Red Sox players named but plenty of past players. After reading this excerpt about Eric Gagne, it makes me wonder why they went after him at all :blink: .

When the Boston Red Sox were considering acquiring Gagn

Phew, no current Red Sox players named but plenty of past players. After reading this excerpt about Eric Gagne, it makes me wonder why they went after him at all :blink: .

When the Boston Red Sox were considering acquiring Gagn

The two most surprising omissions from the list have to be McGwire and Sosa.

That is kinda funny since it really all started with them. :huh:

I thought Pujols and Damon would be named too.

That is kinda funny since it really all started with them. :huh:

I thought Pujols and Damon would be named too.

Somewhere... Barry Bonds is smiling

and A-Rod just signed 10 yr 27.5 million dollar contract :mellow:

I can bat on par with A-Rod in the post-season... where's my money?

I think the report is only the tip of the iceberg though. Most the new names were all from one steroid ring and I imagine there are other rings that might be discovered. Really to me all the report says is that you can't trust that any of the players were clean of anabolic steroids until the random testing started and even now you can't be sure they aren't using HGH or a designer steroid.

I think the report is only the tip of the iceberg though. Most the new names were all from one steroid ring and I imagine there are other rings that might be discovered. Really to me all the report says is that you can't trust that any of the players were clean of anabolic steroids until the random testing started and even now you can't be sure they aren't using HGH or a designer steroid.

I listened to both press conferences today and I think that Mitchell intended for this to be it. Pretty much everyone was involved one way or another at the time, and he recommended that no further punishment should be handed out. Mostly he wanted the report to be used as closure so new policies would be put in place to help prevent this from happening again and MLB can move forward from all this.

Bud Selig had a much different take on it and basically said they would investigate anyone involved and decide whether or not to pursue any kind of punishment. If they do follow up on the players named, that may lead to more layers to all of this.

Here's a list of most of the names Major League Baseball players listed in the Mitchell Report:

The following players were connected to steroids, either use or possession, in the report:

Lenny Dykstra

David Segui

Larry Bigbie

Brian Roberts

Jack Cust

Tim Laker

Josias Manzanillo

Todd Hundley

Mark Carreon

Hal Morris

Matt Franco

Rondell White

Andy Pettitte

Roger Clemens

Chuck Knoblauch

Jason Grimsley

Gregg Zaun

David Justice

F.P. Santangelo

Glenallen Hill

Mo Vaughn

Denny Neagle

Ron Villone

Ryan Franklin

Chris Donnels

Todd Williams

Phil Hiatt

Todd Pratt

Kevin Young

Mike Lansing

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Adam Piatt

Miguel Tejada

Jason Christiansen

Mike Stanton

Stephen Randolph

Jerry Hairston

Paul Lo Duca

Adam Riggs

Bart Miadich

Fernando Vina

Kevin Brown

Eric Gagne

Mike Bell

Matt Herges

Gary Bennett

Jim Parque

Brendan Donnelly

Chad Allen

Jeff Williams

Exavier "Nook" Logan

Howie Clark

Paxton Crawford

Ken Caminiti

Rafael Palmeiro

Luis Perez

Derrick Turnbow

Ricky Bones

Ricky Stone

The following players were cited under "Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball."

Rick Ankiel

David Bell

Paul Byrd

Jose Canseco

Jay Gibbons

Troy Glaus

Jason Grimsley

Jose Guillen

Darren Holmes

Gary Matthews Jr.

John Rocker

Scott Schoeneweis

Ismael Valdez

Matt Williams

Steve Woodard

The following players were linked through BALCO:

Benito Santiago

Gary Sheffield

Randy Velarde

Jason Giambi

Jeremy Giambi

Bobby Estalella

Barry Bonds

Marvin Benard

I listened to both press conferences today and I think that Mitchell intended for this to be it. Pretty much everyone was involved one way or another at the time, and he recommended that no further punishment should be handed out. Mostly he wanted the report to be used as closure so new policies would be put in place to help prevent this from happening again and MLB can move forward from all this.

Bud Selig had a much different take on it and basically said they would investigate anyone involved and decide whether or not to pursue any kind of punishment. If they do follow up on the players named, that may lead to more layers to all of this.

Here's a list of most of the names Major League Baseball players listed in the Mitchell Report:

The following players were connected to steroids, either use or possession, in the report:

Lenny Dykstra

David Segui

Larry Bigbie

Brian Roberts

Jack Cust

Tim Laker

Josias Manzanillo

Todd Hundley

Mark Carreon

Hal Morris

Matt Franco

Rondell White

Andy Pettitte

Roger Clemens

Chuck Knoblauch

Jason Grimsley

Gregg Zaun

David Justice

F.P. Santangelo

Glenallen Hill

Mo Vaughn

Denny Neagle

Ron Villone

Ryan Franklin

Chris Donnels

Todd Williams

Phil Hiatt

Todd Pratt

Kevin Young

Mike Lansing

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Adam Piatt

Miguel Tejada

Jason Christiansen

Mike Stanton

Stephen Randolph

Jerry Hairston

Paul Lo Duca

Adam Riggs

Bart Miadich

Fernando Vina

Kevin Brown

Eric Gagne

Mike Bell

Matt Herges

Gary Bennett

Jim Parque

Brendan Donnelly

Chad Allen

Jeff Williams

Exavier "Nook" Logan

Howie Clark

Paxton Crawford

Ken Caminiti

Rafael Palmeiro

Luis Perez

Derrick Turnbow

Ricky Bones

Ricky Stone

The following players were cited under "Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball."

Rick Ankiel

David Bell

Paul Byrd

Jose Canseco

Jay Gibbons

Troy Glaus

Jason Grimsley

Jose Guillen

Darren Holmes

Gary Matthews Jr.

John Rocker

Scott Schoeneweis

Ismael Valdez

Matt Williams

Steve Woodard

The following players were linked through BALCO:

Benito Santiago

Gary Sheffield

Randy Velarde

Jason Giambi

Jeremy Giambi

Bobby Estalella

Barry Bonds

Marvin Benard

Gagne must've started using crappy steroids when he got to Boston.

It's interesting, the section of the report that talks about Gagne says the Sox thought about trading for him in 2006, but first inquired about whether he was juicing. Apparently the Dodgers had come to think he was juicing as well. So sometime between then and when the Sox did trade for him, they must've been convinced he was off the juice.

Gagne must've started using crappy steroids when he got to Boston.It's interesting, the section of the report that talks about Gagne says the Sox thought about trading for him in 2006, but first inquired about whether he was juicing. Apparently the Dodgers had come to think he was juicing as well. So sometime between then and when the Sox did trade for him, they must've been convinced he was off the juice.

He definately needed a better roid connection :lol:

BDD_EG_falltopieces_9.19.07.jpg

Gagne must've started using crappy steroids when he got to Boston.It's interesting, the section of the report that talks about Gagne says the Sox thought about trading for him in 2006, but first inquired about whether he was juicing. Apparently the Dodgers had come to think he was juicing as well. So sometime between then and when the Sox did trade for him, they must've been convinced he was off the juice.

He definately needed a better roid connection :lol:

BDD_EG_falltopieces_9.19.07.jpg

I usually stay outta this thread but isnt this guy looking at tons of lawsuits? It doesnt appear he has any testing evidence on anyone and just hearsay. Isn't that slander in a broadscale?

I usually stay outta this thread but isnt this guy looking at tons of lawsuits? It doesnt appear he has any testing evidence on anyone and just hearsay. Isn't that slander in a broadscale?

That issue was brought up on ESPN yesterday... sadly I can't remember what the conclusion was.

In actual on-field news, Dan Haren goes from Oakland to Arizona. Haren was the guy who was expected to be the consolation prize for whoever loses out on the Santana sweepstakes. That's out the window now, wonder this could cause teams to have to sweeten their offers for Santana since they don't have Haren to fall back on.

Ummmm considering he is listing his sources by name, I'm not sure they can go after Mitchell for this one. If anything, the lawyers might have cases against the sources, but as far as going after Mitchell.... I doubt it

Andy Pettite comes clean, good for him. He's a classy guy and if he did what he said, he shouldn'thave to answer anymore questions about it.

In his statement, Pettitte tried to emphasize that his use of HGH was limited. "This is it - two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list," Pettitte said in the statement released by Hendricks (who also represents Clemens).

And although he admitted using human growth hormone, Pettitte was adamant that he never used steroids.

"Everything else written or said about me knowingly using illegal drugs is nonsense, wrong, and hurtful," he said. "I have the utmost respect for baseball and have always tried to live my life in a way that would be honorable. I wasn't looking for an edge; I was looking to heal."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti...ief_use_of_hgh/

Andy Pettite comes clean, good for him. He's a classy guy and if he did what he said, he shouldn'thave to answer anymore questions about it.

In his statement, Pettitte tried to emphasize that his use of HGH was limited. "This is it - two days out of my life; two days out of my entire career, when I was injured and on the disabled list," Pettitte said in the statement released by Hendricks (who also represents Clemens).

And although he admitted using human growth hormone, Pettitte was adamant that he never used steroids.

"Everything else written or said about me knowingly using illegal drugs is nonsense, wrong, and hurtful," he said. "I have the utmost respect for baseball and have always tried to live my life in a way that would be honorable. I wasn't looking for an edge; I was looking to heal."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/arti...ief_use_of_hgh/

I think people out of baseball totally when accused

were not on the list

I could be wrong though

personally I could give a rats behind about this whole ordeal

we know it was a problem, time to move on

Whats done is done, true. But people still hold that against Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, so why should it be any different for the rest? HGH and steroids aren't exactly the same thing, but still, some people would claim they help no matter what. Sucks Pettitte and Clemens were on the report. Pettitte has full class and is a real good person, and a heck of pitcher still. Yeah, he finally come clean about his 2 day use... so maybe it didn't interpret the same thing as maybe some other using it for a prolonged period of time? Who knows... anyway, here's hoping the Yanks get some good quality relief help, maybe land Prior and bring him back up to form.

P.S. I hope Kid Row isn't traded.