The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Sox signed Bobby Kielty to a non-guaranteed 800,000 contract. Means that if he doesn't think they are going to trade Coco by start of the season then he can leave Sox camp and sign elsewhere. Either way the bench this year is amazing, Casey, Cora, Mirabelli, Coco/Kielty!!

I'll gladly pay Kielty 800k this season to ride the pine, come in during a pinch hit situation in the World Series once again and hit what results in the Series winning homerun on the first pitch he sees...

yes, I think that'll be acceptable in my book

Sox signed Bobby Kielty to a non-guaranteed 800,000 contract. Means that if he doesn't think they are going to trade Coco by start of the season then he can leave Sox camp and sign elsewhere. Either way the bench this year is amazing, Casey, Cora, Mirabelli, Coco/Kielty!!

ok by me

BIG NEWS!!!

Schilling's final year of his career could be in jeopardy. There is now a bunch of concern over shoulder troubles that plagued him last year. Red Sox may look to void contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556

If he comes back then I'm fine with that because he looked really good in the post season, but regardless we will have at least 5 capable starters opening day. I love the pitching depth.

Many are speculating that this is part of Schill's 'master plan'. He gets paid 8 million because he knows that he wouldn't hold up to pitch all 30 games that he would be slated to start at the beginning of the year. He stays on the team, mentors the young guys, then comes back for the stretch run and the playoffs. I don't think anyone would've ever expected him to start all his games. He pulls a Roger Clemens by starting for approx. 1/2, but he also doesn't get paid 22 million and actually ends up helping the team in many different facets.

Hey, I'm just happy the Triplets are still intact with the Yanks. I would like to see them get a great outfielder, maybe one of our prospects will be ready by 2009. If the Yanks keep the pitching intact, the rest can be easy...

We have years until Jorge retires now, so scout for that next great catcher.. and lets see if we can find a great shortstop, defensively. I could care less if the Yankees didn't score all the time, but if we don't allow runs, that'll be important. Pitching + Defense = Wins Games. We don't need sluggers like Giambi, Arod, Sheffield, etc... we need good-great defense. I wouldn't mind getting Troy Tulowitzki from the Rockies. I think that kids gonna be great. (so what if he didn't do so hot in the WS, he was a rookie in my book, and he had the defensive skills)

Hey, I'm just happy the Triplets are still intact with the Yanks. I would like to see them get a great outfielder, maybe one of our prospects will be ready by 2009. If the Yanks keep the pitching intact, the rest can be easy...

We have years until Jorge retires now, so scout for that next great catcher.. and lets see if we can find a great shortstop, defensively. I could care less if the Yankees didn't score all the time, but if we don't allow runs, that'll be important. Pitching + Defense = Wins Games. We don't need sluggers like Giambi, Arod, Sheffield, etc... we need good-great defense. I wouldn't mind getting Troy Tulowitzki from the Rockies. I think that kids gonna be great. (so what if he didn't do so hot in the WS, he was a rookie in my book, and he had the defensive skills)

He had a great season and playoffs, he going to be a very good player.

He had a great season and playoffs, he going to be a very good player.

BIG NEWS!!!

Schilling's final year of his career could be in jeopardy. There is now a bunch of concern over shoulder troubles that plagued him last year. Red Sox may look to void contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556[/post]

If he comes back then I'm fine with that because he looked really good in the post season, but regardless we will have at least 5 capable starters opening day. I love the pitching depth.

Many are speculating that this is part of Schill's 'master plan'. He gets paid 8 million because he knows that he wouldn't hold up to pitch all 30 games that he would be slated to start at the beginning of the year. He stays on the team, mentors the young guys, then comes back for the stretch run and the playoffs. I don't think anyone would've ever expected him to start all his games. He pulls a Roger Clemens by starting for approx. 1/2, but he also doesn't get paid 22 million and actually ends up helping the team in many different facets.

The whole shoulder thing is a farce, he really just needs more time for the campaign trail, lol

BDD_CS_JM_manchester_12.5.0.jpg

BIG NEWS!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3235556[/post]

The whole shoulder thing is a farce, he really just needs more time for the campaign trail, lol

BDD_CS_JM_manchester_12.5.0.jpg

I WISH we could land him. I like Jeter, but he's not a great SS anymore. His arm isn't what it use to be. He is a leader, which is a huge bonus for him in a clubhouse full of ego's. He can have key hits, especially against the Sox.

After this year, tons of money is going to be freed up to spend on another "Ace" pitcher like Sabathia or someone else.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Ollie Perez since he's (I mean Boras) not going to resign until after this season.

BTW, I've seen Lester working out around here.. dude has gotten huge. He doesn't weigh 190 any more.. he's like 225 now, at least, and I'm not talking David Wells "large" either (although I have run into Boomer at the local Publix a couple of times when he trained down here). Lester looks frickin in shape man... dude should have a real good fast ball now with all that weight and muscle mass now.

I WISH we could land him. I like Jeter, but he's not a great SS anymore. His arm isn't what it use to be. He is a leader, which is a huge bonus for him in a clubhouse full of ego's. He can have key hits, especially against the Sox.

After this year, tons of money is going to be freed up to spend on another "Ace" pitcher like Sabathia or someone else.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Ollie Perez since he's (I mean Boras) not going to resign until after this season.

BTW, I've seen Lester working out around here.. dude has gotten huge. He doesn't weigh 190 any more.. he's like 225 now, at least, and I'm not talking David Wells "large" either (although I have run into Boomer at the local Publix a couple of times when he trained down here). Lester looks frickin in shape man... dude should have a real good fast ball now with all that weight and muscle mass now.

Great news about Lester, Im so glad he didnt end up getting traded. Are you going to get any spring training?

Great news about Lester, Im so glad he didnt end up getting traded. Are you going to get any spring training?

With Schilling out, this leaves an opening for Buckholtz to make the rotation this year. Should be very interesting to see how this evolves. I'm actually excited to see how they end up doing this year. Could be a very exciting time in Beantown when the season gets underway.

Beckett

Dice-K

Wake

Lester

Buckholtz

Boy that would be nice to watch... and Looking ahead, its looking like the Indians are going to have to part ways with Sabathia next year... Wouldn't it be nice to stick that man in place of Wake in the rotation? Whew, that would be impressive.

By the way, by the end of the year, I got a feeling both Lester and Buckholtz will be amazing. Boy this rotation is gonna be fun to watch in years to come

TSA, no. I use to go to them when I was younger, but 1) they're played most of the time while I'm working, and 2) Half of it is not seeing who I'd like to see, and the other half is it's the Sox. No offense... if I had more opportunities to go, and for cheap cheap prices or free, sure... otherwise, I just catch it all on the local news. :P

Just received my "Happy Truck Day" message.... the Red Sox equipment truck is on it's way to Ft. Meyers, pitchers and catchers report this week!!!!!!

9013c26b.jpg

Just received my "Happy Truck Day" message.... the Red Sox equipment truck is on it's way to Ft. Meyers, pitchers and catchers report this week!!!!!!

9013c26b.jpg

Truck Day for me is like Christmas Part II. I can't wait for the season to start. Schilling will be a loss for however long is out for, but we still have a very formidable rotation. We have some back up plans as well with Tavarez, Snyder back and guys like Masterson and Bowden in the minors. Lester looked great at the end of the year last year and Clay Bucholtz looked very good last year as well. Also we should see a much improved Dice K.

Did anyone else see the stuff about Clemens wife being injected in 2003? It sounds kind of ridiculous, but then I saw her picture: http://www.debbieclemens.com/images/si_full.jpg

She looks amazing, but you can tell that she may have had some 'medical assistance' to look that way. Clemens is losing his credibility in my book. He and his attorney look really pompous, I hope Petitte sold Clemens out when he was interviewed.

Either way, it's all MLB's fault for looking the other way. They wanted ratings boosted, and McGwire and Sosa going for the record did that. They had to know they were juicing, it was even brought up later on down the stretch that McGwire was using some kind of substance to help his body. I just hope it's all done for good now, and the juicers get juiced and we play the game honestly.

BTW TSA, Ft. Myers.;)

Brendan Donnelly to the Indians (he'll still be rehabbing from Tommyjohn surgery)

Eric Hinske to the Devil Rays-is he trying to play for all the AL East teams?

Brendan Donnelly to the Indians (he'll still be rehabbing from Tommyjohn surgery)

Eric Hinske to the Devil Rays-is he trying to play for all the AL East teams?