The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Not if you believe Hank Steibrenner :lol:

That guy has been cracking me up all offseason long

Its hilarious how much time and effort he puts into telling us how much he doesn't care about the RedSox

Its hilarious how much time and effort he puts into telling us how much he doesn't care about the RedSox

Who knows, could some warped way of deferring attention away from the Yankees so they can get down to business and figure out how they're gonna beat the Red Sox this season, lol.

*hides from C23*

Who knows, could some warped way of deferring attention away from the Yankees so they can get down to business and figure out how they're gonna beat the Red Sox this season, lol.

*hides from C23*

*hides from C23*

Or could be diverting attention away from the fact he knows they can't beat the Sox

;)

Or could be diverting attention away from the fact he knows they can't beat the Sox

;)

The Yanks can beat the Sox, as they've shown in the past. We all know they can beat each other any given day. Some days are better than others for both our clubs, but it's not like we're the Royals.

I'm not a big fan of Hanky so far though. But, he does back his talk and back his Yanks.

TSA

any word on if the Sox are going to be wearing those cool gold-trimmed jerseys again this year during the Home Opener? I wasn't able to get myself one in 2005, but I'm hoping to get myself one this time around. I'd be more than slightly bummed if they don't do it again...

I think I've read they will, or at least that they'll wear something similar to what they did in 05.

BDD_JB_3.17.08_SG.jpg

Beckett: No Luck O'the Irish, No Japan trip

But he takes step forward on back

Terry Francona officially ruled out Josh Beckett for the team's upcoming Japan trip yesterday, but the Red Sox' ace righthander did take his first step back from a sore back.

Pitching coach John Farrell said Beckett threw 25 times from 60 feet and 10 times at 75 feet yesterday on flat ground in Fort Myers, Fla., and that he would move back to 90 feet today.

"Everything's good," said Beckett, who had an icepack on his back. "I did everything I wanted to do."

Francona, speaking from Bradenton, Fla., where the Red Sox dropped a 6-3 decision to the Pirates, said of the decision on Beckett, "It's not the right thing to do [to send him to Japan]. Everything we say, we need to live by."

Francona was pleased with Beckett's work yesterday.

"He started out throwing at 60 [feet] and progressed to 75 with no concerns, which was really what we were shooting for," he said. "He'll start ramping it up a little bit from here. The best-case scenario - I say the best-case scenario - is Thursday will be a side day.

"He tolerated everything he was supposed to. John was real excited. The ball came out of his hands real nice. "

Asked about a target date for Beckett's return, Francona said, "When he's ready to pitch. He'll be ready when he's ready."

For his part, Farrell said the possibility of Beckett starting one of the two games in Oakland April 1-2 would be "too aggressive. The one thing about Josh, he's very much in tune with his body. As good as he felt [yesterday], he knows there are steps along the way which we will look to accomplish.

"The main thing is even at 75 feet, he got on it a little bit as far as intensity level. I'm sure he wants to go, but he's well aware there will be a throwing program and a plan in place. The fact he feels [no pain in his back] is a clear indication the inflammation has subsided. Now we'll take the appropriate steps to build him up."

BDD_JB_3.17.08_SG.jpg

Beckett: No Luck O'the Irish, No Japan trip

But he takes step forward on back

Terry Francona officially ruled out Josh Beckett for the team's upcoming Japan trip yesterday, but the Red Sox' ace righthander did take his first step back from a sore back.

Pitching coach John Farrell said Beckett threw 25 times from 60 feet and 10 times at 75 feet yesterday on flat ground in Fort Myers, Fla., and that he would move back to 90 feet today.

"Everything's good," said Beckett, who had an icepack on his back. "I did everything I wanted to do."

Francona, speaking from Bradenton, Fla., where the Red Sox dropped a 6-3 decision to the Pirates, said of the decision on Beckett, "It's not the right thing to do [to send him to Japan]. Everything we say, we need to live by."

Francona was pleased with Beckett's work yesterday.

"He started out throwing at 60 [feet] and progressed to 75 with no concerns, which was really what we were shooting for," he said. "He'll start ramping it up a little bit from here. The best-case scenario - I say the best-case scenario - is Thursday will be a side day.

"He tolerated everything he was supposed to. John was real excited. The ball came out of his hands real nice. "

Asked about a target date for Beckett's return, Francona said, "When he's ready to pitch. He'll be ready when he's ready."

For his part, Farrell said the possibility of Beckett starting one of the two games in Oakland April 1-2 would be "too aggressive. The one thing about Josh, he's very much in tune with his body. As good as he felt [yesterday], he knows there are steps along the way which we will look to accomplish.

"The main thing is even at 75 feet, he got on it a little bit as far as intensity level. I'm sure he wants to go, but he's well aware there will be a throwing program and a plan in place. The fact he feels [no pain in his back] is a clear indication the inflammation has subsided. Now we'll take the appropriate steps to build him up."

TSA you beat me to it updating the status on Beckett.

to me its no big deal if he cant go to Japan. Just split the series there

and come back for the Reg season on Apr 1st

Also I am hoping my Dodgers can make a push this year.

I have no idea how good they will be..

Shocka, Nomar is hurt again :(

Sorry Med but when I saw the picture I couldnt resist, lol.

Nomar is awesome but quite fragile.

Sorry Med but when I saw the picture I couldnt resist, lol.

Nomar is awesome but quite fragile.

Looks like the Yanks knocked Colon around pretty good. Oh well.

So DiceK is starting the opener in Tokyo. I got a feeling the scalpers' ticket prices for that game just went up about a billion yen.

Not a bad outing today. ;)

Now... if we can only learn to do that in the regular season more often, we might have a winnin' championship.

Who's the best team in Spring Training? Oh yeah baby! Tampa Bay Devil Rays!!!!! :lol:

Welcome back LB! Should be a great season for our divison.

Who's the best team in Spring Training? Oh yeah baby! Tampa Bay Devil Rays!!!!! :lol:

heck yeah! im glad there is at least one other fan on here with me!

Thanks TSA! I've still been around here, just not really posting ha. I'll probably be posting more in the "Off Topic" area since my Bolts suck now haha

heck yeah! im glad there is at least one other fan on here with me!

Heck yeah! I'll admit, I'm not a die-hard fan, but I try to keep up with the Rays. I started following them more last season. I've already got a mini 10-pack plan at Tropicana Field already. Are you going to opening day?

Red Sox win in Japan, JD Drew and Big Papi homer, they get the full hometown flavor and Pap closes the deal.

Though the unique chants of the Japanese fans took center stage for most of the game, there was also a little touch of Red Sox Nation when "Sweet Caroline" was played over the sound system before the bottom of the eighth inning. And even more when Jonathan Papelbon's walk-in song "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphy's was played when he came on for the ninth inning.

And once Papelbon completed the save with an overpowering inning, "Dirty Water" by the Standells -- the traditional Red Sox victory song at Fenway Park -- boomed out as the visitors did their postgame handshakes.

"The local flavor, I'm not sure we knew what to expect," said Francona. "With all those things -- they were beating and yelling and singing -- it was a good experience. I don't know that we knew exactly what to expect but they were enthusiastic and I think both teams put on a good show. It was a good baseball game to watch."

Manny and Papi being Manny and Papi in Japan:

BDD_MR_japan_3.20.08_gett.jpg1206104361_6731.jpg

Probably not too much interest from the Japanese media in Dice k :lol:

1206098715_7828.jpg

Red Sox win in Japan, JD Drew and Big Papi homer, they get the full hometown flavor and Pap closes the deal.

Though the unique chants of the Japanese fans took center stage for most of the game, there was also a little touch of Red Sox Nation when "Sweet Caroline" was played over the sound system before the bottom of the eighth inning. And even more when Jonathan Papelbon's walk-in song "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphy's was played when he came on for the ninth inning.

And once Papelbon completed the save with an overpowering inning, "Dirty Water" by the Standells -- the traditional Red Sox victory song at Fenway Park -- boomed out as the visitors did their postgame handshakes.

"The local flavor, I'm not sure we knew what to expect," said Francona. "With all those things -- they were beating and yelling and singing -- it was a good experience. I don't know that we knew exactly what to expect but they were enthusiastic and I think both teams put on a good show. It was a good baseball game to watch."

Manny and Papi being Manny and Papi in Japan:

BDD_MR_japan_3.20.08_gett.jpg1206104361_6731.jpg

Probably not too much interest from the Japanese media in Dice k :lol:

1206098715_7828.jpg

6 am Tuesday & Wednesday mornings, everyone else getting geared up for some early morning baseball? :D

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anyone else besides MLB.com televising any of it?