The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

After being swept, My Jays go to Texas and sweep the Rangers. BJ Ryan came back tonight, and despite giving off a leadoff triple in the 10th inning, he kept his composure and saved the game.Something we missed in some early games this year, now hopefully they can stop the Orioles who are dropping back down to reality now,lol.

Sox take the series. 15 mores games to play. Hopefully we do a little better than that...in general.

None of the pitching looked particulary good for either team yesterday, and 40 degrees isnt exactly ideal baseball weather. Round 1 does go to the Sox but its early, we all know that.

Our pen is still pretty shaky but the positive I take away from last night is they were able to hang on and still get the win, even with sitting Papelbon and Okajima. If they can settle in (and Timlin can re-group), that depth will be great as the season unfolds. At least its heading in the right direction.:)

Do we have any Oriole fans here? If we do, we have a representative from all of the AL East division teams here in this thread...kinda cool.

Sox take the series. 15 mores games to play. Hopefully we do a little better than that...in general.

None of the pitching looked particulary good for either team yesterday, and 40 degrees isnt exactly ideal baseball weather. Round 1 does go to the Sox but its early, we all know that.

Our pen is still pretty shaky but the positive I take away from last night is they were able to hang on and still get the win, even with sitting Papelbon and Okajima. If they can settle in (and Timlin can re-group), that depth will be great as the season unfolds. At least its heading in the right direction.:)

Do we have any Oriole fans here? If we do, we have a representative from all of the AL East division teams here in this thread...kinda cool.

at least you guys can hit, my Dodgers are the same old story

good pitch and sucky hitting :(

the D Backs will win that division getting a little challenge from the Pads

the Dodgers and Rox are not real contenders IMO

mabye Ortiz and Andruw Jones can have a who is off to a more

sucky start hit off. lol

oh well.

sucky start hit off. lol

oh well.

Hang in there Med, its only April. I think Ortiz wins hands down :(

sucky start hit off. lol

oh well.

Hang in there Med, its only April. I think Ortiz wins hands down :(

sucky start hit off. lol

oh well.

Andruw Jones is just repeating last year's performance. Why LA thought he was the answer after than awful year he had in ATL last year, I'll never know. If you're lucky he'll warm up by the all-star break.

Andruw Jones is just repeating last year's performance. Why LA thought he was the answer after than awful year he had in ATL last year, I'll never know. If you're lucky he'll warm up by the all-star break.

what is sad is he is so young and should not be washed up as of yet.

I hope he wakes up but am not couting on it.

I would rather Juan Pierre play now :blink:

Ortiz was just carrying the burden of having his jersey in new Yankee Stadium :lol:

watch tonight he will get 3 hits with a dinger.

Ortiz was just carrying the burden of having his jersey in new Yankee Stadium :lol:

Thats what I was saying, lol. The cursed backfired so digging the jersey up should break the curse. That, and having Papi sit on the bench last night watching his team do better without him in the line up :o

Thats what I was saying, lol. The cursed backfired so digging the jersey up should break the curse. That, and having Papi sit on the bench last night watching his team do better without him in the line up :o

Still hurts that the Twins had David Ortiz...and then let him go lol. Guess it's that whole "hindsight" thing...like the 'Canes with Giguere and Pronger...

*sigh*

Still hurts that the Twins had David Ortiz...and then let him go lol. Guess it's that whole "hindsight" thing...like the 'Canes with Giguere and Pronger...

*sigh*

you mean the Whalers with Guigere and Pronger ;)

and also Michael Nylander

As a non Sox or Yank fan, this curse stuff is always pretty entertaining.

Doesn't Ortiz do his best work later in the season anyway?

Yes he does, when it gets a little warmer.

But guess what! Curse broken, Papi hit a single in his first at bat....phew.

In other sad news: Joba Chamberlain's Dad is in pretty tough shape and critical condition. Hope things are ok and his Dad gets better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151[/post]

Yes he does, when it gets a little warmer.

But guess what! Curse broken, Papi hit a single in his first at bat....phew.

In other sad news: Joba Chamberlain's Dad is in pretty tough shape and critical condition. Hope things are ok and his Dad gets better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151''>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3346151[/post]

I saw on ESPN sportsline that he was on bereavement for 3 days/games.

NESN reported that he would be out for the next few days and was very appreciative of all the support he was getting from the team and Giradi (still cant get used to that one yet). I remember last season they gave a lot of air time to Joba and his Dad. Obviously they're very close so Im sure this is just devistating to him. Hopefully things work out.

Did anyone catch Mike Lowell gathering the team around Papi before the start of the game in the dugout to perform an exorcism of the batting slump deamons :lol: . Good to see they're all trying to keep it light and are rallying around Ortiz. And Sean Casey looks as if he'a been in that lineup for a few seasons now.

John Lester got hit pretty hard tonight but fortunately the pen, especially Tavarez, was solid. Manny hits #493 to complete the come from behind win.

I saw on ESPN sportsline that he was on bereavement for 3 days/games.

NESN reported that he would be out for the next few days and was very appreciative of all the support he was getting from the team and Giradi (still cant get used to that one yet). I remember last season they gave a lot of air time to Joba and his Dad. Obviously they're very close so Im sure this is just devistating to him. Hopefully things work out.

Did anyone catch Mike Lowell gathering the team around Papi before the start of the game in the dugout to perform an exorcism of the batting slump deamons :lol: . Good to see they're all trying to keep it light and are rallying around Ortiz. And Sean Casey looks as if he'a been in that lineup for a few seasons now.

John Lester got hit pretty hard tonight but fortunately the pen, especially Tavarez, was solid. Manny hits #493 to complete the come from behind win.

Don't forget Bruno St. Jacques, Pavel Brendl, Jeff Heerema, etc...

True...but I guess I like to focus on the superstars we let go instead of the non-stars lol...

You're all confusing me, I thought I posted in the wrong thread for a minute with all these hockey names :lol:

You're all confusing me, I thought I posted in the wrong thread for a minute with all these hockey names :lol: