The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

You're all confusing me, I thought I posted in the wrong thread for a minute with all these hockey names :lol:

Sorry TSA, :unsure::P

Back to baseball now...how about those Tigers!?!? LOL whewwwwww what a great start to the season after all those good moves during the winter.

Oh and TSA...how did you feel about that whole sox jersey thing in the cranks new stadium? BS if you ask me lol...cranks just upset about not winning any championships since '00...I think.

Back to baseball now...how about those Tigers!?!? LOL whewwwwww what a great start to the season after all those good moves during the winter.

Oh and TSA...how did you feel about that whole sox jersey thing in the cranks new stadium? BS if you ask me lol...cranks just upset about not winning any championships since '00...I think.

I think its hilarious but if I wasnt a fan of either team, Id be throwing up from all the coverage, lol. Three things that strike me as very funny...

1) If the Yankees thought it was such a farce, why did they halt construction and spend thousands to dig up the jersey?

2) Why did the worker who buried it talk so soon? Why not wait till the structure was built and the jersey couldnt be dug out, lol?

3) Its a lot more fun talking about this rather than the whole steroid issue

Can you imagine how much money that jersey is going to be worth when they put it up for auction?

I think its hilarious but if I wasnt a fan of either team, Id be throwing up from all the coverage, lol. Three things that strike me as very funny...

1) If the Yankees thought it was such a farce, why did they halt construction and spend thousands to dig up the jersey?

2) Why did the worker who buried it talk so soon? Why not wait till the structure was built and the jersey couldnt be dug out, lol?

Can you imagine how much money that jersey is going to be worth when they put it up for auction?

Yea the whole thing is ridiculous IMO...I think the cranks are really starting to let things get to their heads lol.

Looks like us SOx fans finally get to see rookie Jed Lowrie tonight, but they havent said whether or not he'll play SS or 3rd base.

Pitching match up:

Wakefield vs. Byrd

Looks like us SOx fans finally get to see rookie Jed Lowrie tonight, but they havent said whether or not he'll play SS or 3rd base.

Pitching match up:

Wakefield vs. Byrd

BDD_capnclutch_4.15.08_SNN.jpg

And from our rookie about his debut:

"I can't even describe it. It's one of those moments in your life you are always going to remember." -- 4.15.08, Jed Lowrie, Jacoby Ellsbury du jour, on his 2-RBI first MLB hit for the Comeback Kids in Cleveland

BDD_capnclutch_4.15.08_SNN.jpg

And from our rookie about his debut:

"I can't even describe it. It's one of those moments in your life you are always going to remember." -- 4.15.08, Jed Lowrie, Jacoby Ellsbury du jour, on his 2-RBI first MLB hit for the Comeback Kids in Cleveland

Since I'm the only jays fan, i gotta say early on the aL east is looking good, I think yanks and Sox will pull away from TB and Baltimore within 3 weeks....will the jays? With Ryan back as closer they might fare better in one-run games, and Rolen will be back in 2 weeks.

Also want to say i really enjoy watching the marlins, I know it may just be a hot start, but i think they could pull off what the D-backs did last year possibly. They have good young arms, and good young power hitters like Uggla, Willingham and of course future League leader in homers Mike jacobs...also gotta through in hanley Ramirez of course, awesome leadoff hitter.

Since I'm the only jays fan, i gotta say early on the aL east is looking good, I think yanks and Sox will pull away from TB and Baltimore within 3 weeks....will the jays? With Ryan back as closer they might fare better in one-run games, and Rolen will be back in 2 weeks.

Also want to say i really enjoy watching the marlins, I know it may just be a hot start, but i think they could pull off what the D-backs did last year possibly. They have good young arms, and good young power hitters like Uggla, Willingham and of course future League leader in homers Mike jacobs...also gotta through in hanley Ramirez of course, awesome leadoff hitter.

The Jays have as good a chance as anyone with those two players coming back and the AL East could be quite a race for those three teams. As good of a start as Baltimore has had, I dont see them hanging up top very long and TB is already struggling. Struggling early in this division can be very costly since maybe only one team will come out in the end.

That said, its too early to decide what happens with the Yankees. They've had a slow start and are a little beat up early but history tells us to never count them out. Wang will carry them for a long time but Im not so sure about Mussina. I think we'll see their rotation morph all season through either trades or their own prospects, and something tells me that Joba might work his way into the rotation.

The Red Sox have some pitching questions, especially in the pen but slowly they're starting to work their way out of it. We really need some more innings from the starters but its still early yet to push them too hard. Aardsma has been a nice suprise and if he can be a consistent 7th inning guy, that sets the table nicely for Oki and Papelbon in the 8th and 9th.

Has any other Sox fan followed Gabe Kapler at all? He's tearing it up for the Brewers, good for him :)

The Jays have as good a chance as anyone with those two players coming back and the AL East could be quite a race for those three teams. As good of a start as Baltimore has had, I dont see them hanging up top very long and TB is already struggling. Struggling early in this division can be very costly since maybe only one team will come out in the end.

That said, its too early to decide what happens with the Yankees. They've had a slow start and are a little beat up early but history tells us to never count them out. Wang will carry them for a long time but Im not so sure about Mussina. I think we'll see their rotation morph all season through either trades or their own prospects, and something tells me that Joba might work his way into the rotation.

The Red Sox have some pitching questions, especially in the pen but slowly they're starting to work their way out of it. We really need some more innings from the starters but its still early yet to push them too hard. Aardsma has been a nice suprise and if he can be a consistent 7th inning guy, that sets the table nicely for Oki and Papelbon in the 8th and 9th.

Has any other Sox fan followed Gabe Kapler at all? He's tearing it up for the Brewers, good for him :)

the rays DL list is already starting to make the cane's IR look like nothing. when you include our top pitcher who led the AL in K's and was only 1 fewer than Peavy of the Padres, not to mention 17 fewer innings pitched, i think the rays will be looking a lot better than most. I say come September O's and the Jay's will be below the rays....at least thats what im hoping for!!

the rays DL list is already starting to make the cane's IR look like nothing. when you include our top pitcher who led the AL in K's and was only 1 fewer than Peavy of the Padres, not to mention 17 fewer innings pitched, i think the rays will be looking a lot better than most. I say come September O's and the Jay's will be below the rays....at least thats what im hoping for!!

I thought Kazmir was coming back soon? As a Sox fan, I wouldnt mind if he waited till say....the 28th ;) . He's a Sox killer.

I thought Kazmir was coming back soon? As a Sox fan, I wouldnt mind if he waited till say....the 28th ;) . He's a Sox killer.

haha yeah that may be true, but at least he gets the yankees the same amount, so you cant hate him tooo much. i think his return is set for within 2 weeks, he just had a 4 inning stint in the minors and his arm felt better he said, but who knows. its our bull pin that kills us, not the starters.

Buchholz goes tonight. Really am excited about seeing him again. His curve is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Lowrie looked pretty good yesterday as well and with Cora now going on the DL we may get to see a little more of him.

I'm a pretty big baseball fan, I should have started posting in here a while ago. I like the Sox from the Al and Braves from the NL.

I'm excited to see Buchholz pitch tonight!

I'm a pretty big baseball fan, I should have started posting in here a while ago. I like the Sox from the Al and Braves from the NL.

Which Sox? J/K Glad to have you in our little haven.

Which Sox? J/K Glad to have you in our little haven.

Not an auspicious beginning for Buchholz. Stick with your breaking stuff Clay, fastballs aren't your gig. Although that ball A-Rod hit wasn't a bad pitch.

Hmmm...I now realize that this thread is mostly for Red Sox fans...TSA is luring them in one by one...I could be next :o !

;)

Im actually looking for an Oriole fan to complete our division and maybe one more friend for C23, I hate seeing him so out numbered and its no fun being a Red Sox fan without Yankee fans to trash talk with :P

That said, there always room in the Nation for one more :)

Hmmm...I now realize that this thread is mostly for Red Sox fans...TSA is luring them in one by one...I could be next :o !

;)

Im actually looking for an Oriole fan to complete our division and maybe one more friend for C23, I hate seeing him so out numbered and its no fun being a Red Sox fan without Yankee fans to trash talk with :P

That said, there always room in the Nation for one more :)