The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Haha, so who is the Rays fan? I don't mind seeing them do okay, as long as it's not against us!

Assylum44 is our Rays fan as well as Lightningbug when he's around.

So we're at the bottom of the 7th, both starters got knocked out early, its 11-9 Yanks and 10:30pm.

This game could easily be 15-14 (not yet decided who wins) and around midnight when it ends. :o

Haha, so who is the Rays fan? I don't mind seeing them do okay, as long as it's not against us!

Assylum44 is our Rays fan as well as Lightningbug when he's around.

So we're at the bottom of the 7th, both starters got knocked out early, its 11-9 Yanks and 10:30pm.

This game could easily be 15-14 (not yet decided who wins) and around midnight when it ends. :o

Well I'll be honest...I was a big bandwagon Yankees fan until they got A-Rod. I dislike him very much lol...so after that I dropped them quickly and have had fun watching them burn away postseason after postseason. I liked the Yanks when it was Knoblauch, O' Neil, Martinez, etc...the classic Yankee teams. Ever since then they've just been all flash and no substance to me...starting with A-Rod. So it's been no to them for a while now.

I can't say that I'm a Red Sox fan though either...I mean I don't favor/dislike them in any way really...unless when it comes to some other teams like the Yankees, Athletics, Braves, Marlins, Tigers, White Sox, and Diamondbacks...then I'll take the Red Sox over those teams anyday. So yea I mean I root for the R. Sox sometimes...but still I'm a Twins fan through and through. Spending my summers in Minnesota as a child obviously pushed me to them at an early age...and I've loved the team ever since. There's been some tough years to say the least lol...but I have and will stick by them for what I see to be the indefinite future. Twins first, whatever else second lol. Like I said though the Red Sox are up there on my list...and considering how the Twins usually do in their seasons I'm stuck trying to find a team to root for in the postseason...and for the last three years that team has been the Boston Red Sox. The Cubs are my NL team...just can't see rooting against them lol.

The Cubs are my NL team...just can't see rooting against them lol.

Well you do have something in common with us Sox fans. Most that I know cheer for the Cubs as their NL team because of the whole kindred spirit thing. Thankfully the Red Sox have emerged from all the curses and bad luck and we're cheering that the Cubs are next.

My prediction wasnt too far off. Yankees win 15-9 but its only 11:20pm, lol. Briam Brunney gets his first save in 3 years and the back up catcher for Posada got the player of the game award. I think by the ninth the Red Sox were just ready to lose and get ready for the Beckett/Mussina match up tomorrow night.

Have we lost Yoooooouuuuuk to injujry? How much longer is Lowell out for?

The Cubs are my NL team...just can't see rooting against them lol.

Well you do have something in common with us Sox fans. Most that I know cheer for the Cubs as their NL team because of the whole kindred spirit thing. Thankfully the Red Sox have emerged from all the curses and bad luck and we're cheering that the Cubs are next.

My prediction wasnt too far off. Yankees win 15-9 but its only 11:20pm, lol. Briam Brunney gets his first save in 3 years and the back up catcher for Posada got the player of the game award. I think by the ninth the Red Sox were just ready to lose and get ready for the Beckett/Mussina match up tomorrow night.

Have we lost Yoooooouuuuuk to injujry? How much longer is Lowell out for?

Moose should hang it up. Be a reliever or hang it up. Please. Don't go out like this. :(

Mike Mussina and Mike Timlin should have coffe together and discuss their futures. It'll be sad to see both of them end their careers on a bad note.

Beckett on the other hand, looks like he may finally have gotten his legs under him becuase boy, did our bullpen need the rest. Papelbon got into a little trouble but was able to close the door. Yoooouuuk would have made a great hockey player cause he'll play through any injury, his foot had to be killing him but still had a good game. Onto Texas.....

Moose should hang it up. Be a reliever or hang it up. Please. Don't go out like this. :(

Mike Mussina and Mike Timlin should have coffe together and discuss their futures. It'll be sad to see both of them end their careers on a bad note.

Beckett on the other hand, looks like he may finally have gotten his legs under him becuase boy, did our bullpen need the rest. Papelbon got into a little trouble but was able to close the door. Yoooouuuk would have made a great hockey player cause he'll play through any injury, his foot had to be killing him but still had a good game. Onto Texas.....

Rockies and Padres. 22 innings. Tulo with the game winning hit! WOO HOO!

Yankees vs Rockies in the WS. I'm saying it first. :)

Ok, its in print now. :P

Ok, its in print now. :P

The Rays just signed Longoria to a 2 part contract that will offer 17.5 million in his first 6 years, and possibly up to 44 million through 2017....im excited to see him staying with us for a while, but i gotta wonder where all this money came from.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080418&content_id=2546402&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb' target="_blank">http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb[/post]

?!?!?!?! :blink::blink::o:o:mellow::o:blink: ?!?!?!?

WOW! Talking laying out all your chips! I mean, Kazmir, Crawford, Price, Shields.... they went straight from them, to Longoria. Holy *edit*.

Wow, big signing for the Rays. Im still thinking Desperate Housewives every time I hear that guys name :lol:

Headlines from Dirtdogs.com:

5 Away from 500: It's Manny's World, We Are Just Living in It

It Was Great to Get 8: Welcome to the Season Josh Beckett

Is A-Rod on Deck? Farnsworth Says He Was Just Trying to Be Aggressive

Shhhh... Ortiz Went 0-for-5 Again

Papelbon Barely Hangs On

J.D. .362

And good news for the Yankees and Joba Chamberlain:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Wow, big signing for the Rays. Im still thinking Desperate Housewives every time I hear that guys name :lol:

Headlines from Dirtdogs.com:

5 Away from 500: It's Manny's World, We Are Just Living in It

It Was Great to Get 8: Welcome to the Season Josh Beckett

Is A-Rod on Deck? Farnsworth Says He Was Just Trying to Be Aggressive

Shhhh... Ortiz Went 0-for-5 Again

Papelbon Barely Hangs On

J.D. .362

And good news for the Yankees and Joba Chamberlain:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Yeah that 22 inning game was amazing!!

I can't wait for manny to hit 500, with the way he's been swinging the back i'll say he will hit it in 3 games haha! :lol:

Big Papi ends his drought in big fashion with a grand slam! Best part was watching him get tackled in the dugout.

In other divisional news:

Tejada tells team he

Big Papi ends his drought in big fashion with a grand slam! Best part was watching him get tackled in the dugout.

In other divisional news:

Tejada tells team he

Hopefully this will spark Papi to get back into his regular form.

I don't think the Tejada story is that big of a deal, and I'm glad that he came out and told everyone his real age.

Hopefully this will spark Papi to get back into his regular form.

I don't think the Tejada story is that big of a deal, and I'm glad that he came out and told everyone his real age.

Yeah, it really isnt ground breaking news but I thought it was kinda interesting to understand how some kids would be willing to lie just to get out of the poverty to be able to make some money for their families. I have a couple of friends who make the trip each year there with all kinds of donated baseball equipment and travel from village to village handing out baseball gloves. Basebal is not only religion there but a way out of the poverty for many.

Ok, enough with the social Studies lesson :mellow: .

The kids are struggling some in the rotation, lets hope Lester has a solid 6-7 inning outing tonight.