The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Hopefully this will spark Papi to get back into his regular form.

I don't think the Tejada story is that big of a deal, and I'm glad that he came out and told everyone his real age.

Yeah, it really isnt ground breaking news but I thought it was kinda interesting to understand how some kids would be willing to lie just to get out of the poverty to be able to make some money for their families. I have a couple of friends who make the trip each year there with all kinds of donated baseball equipment and travel from village to village handing out baseball gloves. Basebal is not only religion there but a way out of the poverty for many.

Ok, enough with the social Studies lesson :mellow: .

The kids are struggling some in the rotation, lets hope Lester has a solid 6-7 inning outing tonight.

Wow. Jays release Frank Thomas. How do you feel about that Heyhey??

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Wonder who'll pick him up. Someone from the AL for sure. Maybe the Rays with all the cash they have. :lol:

Edit: BTW, Ryan Spilborghs is one of the best actors I have EVER seen. I love the Rox. Thanks to Tulo. That kid is the next best thing. I WISH the Yanks could get him, but he'll probably stay in Colorado for the full 6 years now. Tulo, Helton, Holiday, and now Tony winner Spilborghs... love em. Yanks, Rays, Rox, Marlins. 3 underdogs, and a team tied for 1st with overage.

What a crazy weekend in the MLB. Farnsworth gets suspended, Manny get ejected, Thomas gets released and its been pretty rough for the Dodgers fans(sorry Medford).

Big series coming up with the Angels for the Sox.

For those interested, the Pawtucket Red Sox will be here playing the Durham Bulls from May 30th-June 1st. Those games usually sell out so if you're interested I d go ahead and get your tickets now. Who knows, maybe we'll see Colon?

What a crazy weekend in the MLB. Farnsworth gets suspended, Manny get ejected, Thomas gets released and its been pretty rough for the Dodgers fans(sorry Medford).

Big series coming up with the Angels for the Sox.

For those interested, the Pawtucket Red Sox will be here playing the Durham Bulls from May 30th-June 1st. Those games usually sell out so if you're interested I d go ahead and get your tickets now. Who knows, maybe we'll see Colon?

And don't forget the sellout crowd in Yankee stadium too... while the Yankees were away. (I'm not mentioning who was there, but he was clad in white)..

I'm wondering how the remainder of the year will play out. It's been a wacky April already, forget the week.

Eeks... Varitek out with the flu, Coco still out with a hamstring issue and Manny still getting the day off after the ejection. Sure hope Bucholtz gets some run support.

Lets hope the Red Sox get him a win on Marathon Monday, and send some good karma to the Bruins tonight up in Montreal.

Its fun days like this that make me miss living in Boston sometimes :mellow:

In Yankee news: Looks like young Steinbrenner is calling for Joba as a starter per NESN and Arod is sidelined with quad injury:

"I want him as a starter and so does everyone else, including him, and that is what we are working toward and we need him there now," Steinbrenner told the newspaper. "There is no question about it, you don't have a guy with a 100-mile-per-hour fastball and keep him as a setup guy. You just don't do that. You have to be an idiot to do that."

Eeks... Varitek out with the flu, Coco still out with a hamstring issue and Manny still getting the day off after the ejection. Sure hope Bucholtz gets some run support.

Lets hope the Red Sox get him a win on Marathon Monday, and send some good karma to the Bruins tonight up in Montreal.

Its fun days like this that make me miss living in Boston sometimes :mellow:

In Yankee news: Looks like young Steinbrenner is calling for Joba as a starter per NESN and Arod is sidelined with quad injury:

"I want him as a starter and so does everyone else, including him, and that is what we are working toward and we need him there now," Steinbrenner told the newspaper. "There is no question about it, you don't have a guy with a 100-mile-per-hour fastball and keep him as a setup guy. You just don't do that. You have to be an idiot to do that."

Hmm... Joba as the starter. I was hoping for this. I really want to see what he's like as a starter. If he completely sucks, he can always go back to relief and be a setup/closer. Could be the next Mo after a while. Bah, we'll see.

Steinbrenner is embarassing himself. You can't just toss a young pitcher into a starting role, no matter how talented he is, he won't be able to make it through the whole season. Cashman put him in his place though.

Joba was a starter ro begin with. It would have been much easier for him if he went through spring training as a starter so he could prepare for it easier, but hey... Smoltz went from starter, to closer, to starter.

Edit: Why is it stupid to keep a guy with a 100 mph fastball as a setup guy??? Did they NOT get Farnsworth as a setup guy with a powerful fastball?? Even if I don't care for the guy, typical Steinbrenner-ish lingo.

Joba was a starter ro begin with. It would have been much easier for him if he went through spring training as a starter so he could prepare for it easier, but hey... Smoltz went from starter, to closer, to starter.

Edit: Why is it stupid to keep a guy with a 100 mph fastball as a setup guy??? Did they NOT get Farnsworth as a setup guy with a powerful fastball?? Even if I don't care for the guy, typical Steinbrenner-ish lingo.

Haha, thats kinda funny because that was the first example the broadcasters gave on NESN too.

Haha, thats kinda funny because that was the first example the broadcasters gave on NESN too.

He has the most value as a starter. He'd at least be better than Mussina. I'm liking this Hank Steinbrenner fellow. The Yankees were getting too... mellow until he got there. Talk about putting the universe back in order, things weren't the same without a blustery Steinbrenner at the Yankees helm.

Great game by the sox, Ortiz is heating up, and great game by Bucholtz!

Nice to see Bucholtz get a win and have a good outing, now its Lester's turn to settle in. It'll come, last year at this time everyone was questioning having Pedroia as a full time starter because he couldnt get a hit. When he broke through, he never let up and won the rookie of the year award. This year he's on fire so I guess having patience and stnding behind your rookies goes a long way.

Does Manny hit 500 in the series with the Angels?

Great game by the sox, Ortiz is heating up, and great game by Bucholtz!

Nice to see Bucholtz get a win and have a good outing, now its Lester's turn to settle in. It'll come, last year at this time everyone was questioning having Pedroia as a full time starter because he couldnt get a hit. When he broke through, he never let up and won the rookie of the year award. This year he's on fire so I guess having patience and stnding behind your rookies goes a long way.

Does Manny hit 500 in the series with the Angels?