The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

great wins for the Sox vs Texas

and my Dodgers won one in a row :lol:

Nomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Congrats Medford, the streak starts now.

Im making my Manny pick at 497, only one HR in the series although he sure has to be well rested by now, lol.

The "Curse of the buried Papi jersey" seems to have been lifted now that Ortiz is finding some hits (with a little help from Milton Bradley).

XM175 is having a field day with "Hank the Crank" or "Cranky Hank" comments about Joba being a starter.

They voted younger Steinbrenner as a bigger mouth than George. And a bit of a micromanager too. Definately keeps the division interesting.

great wins for the Sox vs Texas

and my Dodgers won one in a row :lol:

Nomaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Congrats Medford, the streak starts now.

Im making my Manny pick at 497, only one HR in the series although he sure has to be well rested by now, lol.

The "Curse of the buried Papi jersey" seems to have been lifted now that Ortiz is finding some hits (with a little help from Milton Bradley).

XM175 is having a field day with "Hank the Crank" or "Cranky Hank" comments about Joba being a starter.

They voted younger Steinbrenner as a bigger mouth than George. And a bit of a micromanager too. Definately keeps the division interesting.

I think the Red Sox 1-2 punch at the top of the order (Ellsbury and Pedroia) is almost as effective as the 3-4 in the middle (Papi and Manny).

BDD_dynamicduo_4.23.08_SNN.jpg

I think the Red Sox 1-2 punch at the top of the order (Ellsbury and Pedroia) is almost as effective as the 3-4 in the middle (Papi and Manny).

BDD_dynamicduo_4.23.08_SNN.jpg

Pedroia is makin me look like Jim Rutherford. Not bad for a 16th round draft pick in my fantasy league.

Haha, Im helping this younger kid with his team and I had to plead with him to pick up Pedroia. He listens to my suggestions now, lol.

Medford, what is wrong in Dodgerland? At least Joe Torre isnt in the middle of all the Yankee drama right now. I would imagine he's enjoying that fact too.

Quince, if your JR, declare that Lavi is your guy and go find us a defenseman!

And the Ortiz (Yankee's curse) jersey now has bidding up to $83,000 with all proceeds going to the Jimmyfund (RedSox backed charity).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120248650648' target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120248650648[/post]

Pedroia is makin me look like Jim Rutherford. Not bad for a 16th round draft pick in my fantasy league.

Haha, Im helping this younger kid with his team and I had to plead with him to pick up Pedroia. He listens to my suggestions now, lol.

Medford, what is wrong in Dodgerland? At least Joe Torre isnt in the middle of all the Yankee drama right now. I would imagine he's enjoying that fact too.

And the Ortiz (Yankee's curse) jersey now has bidding up to $83,000 with all proceeds going to the Jimmyfund (RedSox backed charity).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120248650648' target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120248650648[/post]

(RedSox backed charity).

The Dodgers are just not that good. End of discussion. they are either too old or too young, no in-between.

The D Backs will win that division hands down.

Quince great work on Pedrioa, I expect you will do quite well with him.

The Dodgers are just not that good. End of discussion. they are either too old or too young, no in-between.

The D Backs will win that division hands down.

Quince great work on Pedrioa, I expect you will do quite well with him.

Pedroia is a real stud in the making, kinda wish he was a Met. He just gets overshadowed by Manny, Papi, Big Papi's jersey, and Beckett. IMO, I think he's one of the best second basemen in the league besides Chase Utley and Brian Roberts.

Now if Grady Sizemore could just play more like him I would be undefeated. <_<

Ahhhh.... to be a Yankees fan. :D

In a sense, we're kind of like roaches, in a good, profit revenue in a way. We never go away, not matter how hard anyone tries. :D:):lol: :lol:

In a sense, we're kind of like roaches, in a good, profit revenue in a way. We never go away, not matter how hard anyone tries. :D:):lol: :lol:

Very true, no matter what things appear like, you cant count them out. Mussina had a good outing, hopefully this silences young Hank with his Moyer comments.

The Red Sox seemed to have caught the flu from the Canes locker room and they're going down like dominoes. Casaulty list so far: Beckett, DiceK, Varitek and Youk. The good news is that Mike Lowell is ready to be activated again and will play against the Rays. The bad news is that it looks like our starting rotation is getting decimated by the flu. Kudos to Lester for starting last night on 3 days rest and giving up his next start.

A road trip would be good here so they can clean and disinfect the club house.

Very true, no matter what things appear like, you cant count them out. Mussina had a good outing, hopefully this silences young Hank with his Moyer comments.

The Red Sox seemed to have caught the flu from the Canes locker room and they're going down like dominoes. Casaulty list so far: Beckett, DiceK, Varitek and Youk. The good news is that Mike Lowell is ready to be activated again and will play against the Rays. The bad news is that it looks like our starting rotation is getting decimated by the flu. Kudos to Lester for starting last night on 3 days rest and giving up his next start.

A road trip would be good here so they can clean and disinfect the club house.

With the flu taking yet another victim in the RedSox clubhouse, Francona opted to give Masterson his MLB debut today. Not ony because he was ready for a trial run, but because he hasnt been exposed to the flu bug yet. Manny DelCarmen is the next victim with the flu and Papi's (Yankee Curse) jersey is up to $130,000 :o .

This is giving me bad flashbacks of the Canes flu ridden season. :(

With the flu taking yet another victim in the RedSox clubhouse, Francona opted to give Masterson his MLB debut today. Not ony because he was ready for a trial run, but because he hasnt been exposed to the flu bug yet. Manny DelCarmen is the next victim with the flu and Papi's (Yankee Curse) jersey is up to $130,000 :o .

A's bring back Frank thomas...Good luck in Oakland Frank, would rather he stay in T.O. but can't blame him.

Yeah but at least in baseball you have 160+ games to spread it over.

Looks like my jays are gonna continue playing like garbage until John gibbons gets fired, I'm willing to concede a season for that.

Things are so bad that there are even rumors of Barry Bonds coming here,lol.

As much as it would have been great to have Santana, Im sure glad we didnt have to trade Ellsbury, Lowrie, Lester and Masterson. Every one of these guys has been huge this season and Theo has to get props for the scouting and drafting.

Bonds to the Jays!!!! Eeks, at least that will make the division more interesting, lol.

Justin Masterson had a great first outing and should have easily gotten the win but unfortunately, the bull pen blew up on him :(

BDD_penblowup_4.24.08_ts.jpg

The Coco Crisp trade watch, such as it is, probably can be called off for the time being.

Bobby Kielty, the veteran center fielder in waiting in Pawtucket, underwent surgery on his left hand and is expected to be out from four to six weeks. Kielty, who was placed on the Pawtucket DL on the 19th with what was described as soreness in the hand, told club officials he is uncertain of how he hurt the hand. He did not respond to a message yesterday afternoon.

"He had a bone spur or something on top of his hand that was causing the ligament to snap back and forth,'' general manager Theo Epstein said, confirming the timetable for Kielty's return.

With Kielty out of the mix, the Sox have even less incentive to try and move Crisp, who yesterday returned to the lineup for the first time since April 15 (tight right hamstring) and had a big day, hitting two doubles, stealing third twice, driving in three runs and scoring another.

As much as it would have been great to have Santana, Im sure glad we didnt have to trade Ellsbury, Lowrie, Lester and Masterson. Every one of these guys has been huge this season and Theo has to get props for the scouting and drafting.

Bonds to the Jays!!!! Eeks, at least that will make the division more interesting, lol.

Justin Masterson had a great first outing and should have easily gotten the win but unfortunately, the bull pen blew up on him :(

BDD_penblowup_4.24.08_ts.jpg

The Coco Crisp trade watch, such as it is, probably can be called off for the time being.

Bobby Kielty, the veteran center fielder in waiting in Pawtucket, underwent surgery on his left hand and is expected to be out from four to six weeks. Kielty, who was placed on the Pawtucket DL on the 19th with what was described as soreness in the hand, told club officials he is uncertain of how he hurt the hand. He did not respond to a message yesterday afternoon.

"He had a bone spur or something on top of his hand that was causing the ligament to snap back and forth,'' general manager Theo Epstein said, confirming the timetable for Kielty's return.

With Kielty out of the mix, the Sox have even less incentive to try and move Crisp, who yesterday returned to the lineup for the first time since April 15 (tight right hamstring) and had a big day, hitting two doubles, stealing third twice, driving in three runs and scoring another.

On a local note, Scott Kazmir will be making a rehab start for the Bulls on Monday. Count me in for that one.

Speaking of the Rays, lets go Wake. Get us back on the winning track.

I'm heading up to DC to take in tomorrow's Nats/Cubs game. First look at the new park there.

i was so excited to see my rays pull that one out. i have a feeling that we're gonna get blown out tonight though, thats what normally happens. especially cause its Buchholz v Jackson and while Buchholz has been doing pretty good so far, Jackson has just been too inconsistent as of recent for me to feel good. 6-2 sox.