The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

i was so excited to see my rays pull that one out. i have a feeling that we're gonna get blown out tonight though, thats what normally happens. especially cause its Buchholz v Jackson and while Buchholz has been doing pretty good so far, Jackson has just been too inconsistent as of recent for me to feel good. 6-2 sox.

Carl Crawford hates us, lol.

Hey Assylum, what exactly is a Ray? I was looking at your mascott last night and well...what the heck is it? A stingray?

i was so excited to see my rays pull that one out. i have a feeling that we're gonna get blown out tonight though, thats what normally happens. especially cause its Buchholz v Jackson and while Buchholz has been doing pretty good so far, Jackson has just been too inconsistent as of recent for me to feel good. 6-2 sox.

Hey Assylum, what exactly is a Ray? I was looking at your mascott last night and well...what the heck is it? A stingray?

haha yeah, a sting ray/devil ray. for some reason we kept him and dropped the 'devil' from our name, i kinda thought were were going to be the sunshine rays which would intimidate every single team out there.

oh yeah, and his name is raymond for future references, raymond the worlds first blue and fuzzy ray....

haha yeah, a sting ray/devil ray. for some reason we kept him and dropped the 'devil' from our name, i kinda thought were were going to be the sunshine rays which would intimidate every single team out there.

oh yeah, and his name is raymond for future references, raymond the worlds first blue and fuzzy ray....

Sunshine rays???? Very intimidating....but no more so than a pair of Red Sox, lol. At least Wally the Green Monster is a monster.

wally_140x140.jpg

Sunshine rays???? Very intimidating....but no more so than a pair of Red Sox, lol. At least Wally the Green Monster is a monster.

wally_140x140.jpg

Buchholz pitched one heck of a game tonight. I think Francona rode him too long though. He hadn't thrown that many pitches so far this season, is young, and Oki was available in the pen.

Even though Francona has won 2 World Series I don't think he is that great of an in game manager. For Example: he still hasn't realized that Javy Lopez (despite being a side winding lefty) pitches better against righties.

i sure hope so!

Asylum, the Rays look good this season.

That said....am I the only one that knew that Papelbon should have brought in for the final 4 outs!!!!!!!!!! Bucholtz was throwing a ONE hitter and should have been pulled when he secured two outs. This wasnt a NO hitter!!! Ugh, they better win today. :angry:

i sure hope so!

That said....am I the only one that knew that Papelbon should have brought in for the final 4 outs!!!!!!!!!! Bucholtz was throwing a ONE hitter and should have been pulled when he secured two outs. This wasnt a NO hitter!!! Ugh, they better win today. :angry:

oh yeah i totally agree, even if he was doing pretty well, why put that much extra strain on him when you're already running low on pitchers? beckette is looking pretty good so far, 2 hits with 5 K's.

oh yeah i totally agree, even if he was doing pretty well, why put that much extra strain on him when you're already running low on pitchers? beckette is looking pretty good so far, 2 hits with 5 K's.

Geez, you'd think that 13 K's and 1 earned run would get you the win :angry: . Need to go to the gym and work this one out.

Geez, you'd think that 13 K's and 1 earned run would get you the win :angry: . Need to go to the gym and work this one out.

a 2 hitter is way more impressive than 13 K's :lol:

It's so awesome seeing all these BoSox fans in Tampa leave the game pissed off :lol:

By the way, a "Ray" can be anything you want; Sting ray, devil ray, sun ray, ray charles... okay, maybe not the last one :P

It's so awesome seeing all these BoSox fans in Tampa leave the game pissed off :lol:

By the way, a "Ray" can be anything you want; Sting ray, devil ray, sun ray, ray charles... okay, maybe not the last one :P

I would have like to have gone with Ray Charles so I couldnt have seen the last 3 games :lol:

ray_charles2.jpg

Welcome back LB!

I would have like to have gone with Ray Charles so I couldnt have seen the last 3 games :lol:

ray_charles2.jpg

Welcome back LB!

ray_charles2.jpg

Welcome back LB!

HAHAHA! Good responce! HAHA!

yeah, i went to the game on Saturday when Buchholz had the 1 hitter in the 8th. I went with my friend and she's a red sox fan. she was raggin me all night and when Aki hit the HR, she was so sad haha!

Thanks TSA =)

yeah, i went to the game on Saturday when Buchholz had the 1 hitter in the 8th. I went with my friend and she's a red sox fan. she was raggin me all night and when Aki hit the HR, she was so sad haha!

Thanks TSA =)

Dont get too comfortable lol, we're not gonna like you around draft time when the Bolts pick Stamkos :angry:

:P

Thanks TSA =)

Dont get too comfortable lol, we're not gonna like you around draft time when the Bolts pick Stamkos :angry:

Haha, yeah, its all fun and games until someone gets a tooth knocked out, then it's hockey.

Well the good thing is you only have to play him 6 times instead of the 8 games how it use to be :P

Haha, yeah, its all fun and games until someone gets a tooth knocked out, then it's hockey.

Well the good thing is you only have to play him 6 times instead of the 8 games how it use to be :P

Good point. :unsure:

Back on topic, the Rays really do look good. The O's have come out strong too, I wonder just how strong this whole division will stay all season. Guys on XM said it had the potential to be a power house all season barring major injuries. Although Toronto seems to be a bit of an enigma to me *hides from HeyHey*

Oops, forgot to add the Yankees, they always seem to be fine so thats why I didnt mention them, sorry C23.

Good point. :unsure:

Back on topic, the Rays really do look good. The O's have come out strong too, I wonder just how strong this whole division will stay all season. Guys on XM said it had the potential to be a power house all season barring major injuries. Although Toronto seems to be a bit of an enigma to me *hides from HeyHey*

Oops, forgot to add the Yankees, they always seem to be fine so thats why I didnt mention them, sorry C23.

Yeah, its still super early. The entire division is still close. i love Longoria because he signed for so cheap for like 8 years and he's going to be really good! Last year, Pena carried the rays a lot with his 46 HR; he's in a bad slump now, but the rest of the team is batting well so it's not a big deal too much.

Woohoo. Yanks with a win tonight. Finally. :) And the Sox lose in the same day now too?!?! Man, the universe must be getting out of whack!!

I'm secretly a Rays fan. I would love nothing more than a Rays/Yanks ALCS game to decide who would face the Rockies/Marlins/Mets in the World Series. :)