The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Yeah, its still super early. The entire division is still close. i love Longoria because he signed for so cheap for like 8 years and he's going to be really good! Last year, Pena carried the rays a lot with his 46 HR; he's in a bad slump now, but the rest of the team is batting well so it's not a big deal too much.

"The salaries for the first six years of the agreement are guaranteed, with the team holding a one-year option for 2014 season and a subsequent two-year option for the 2015 and 2016 seasons. The contract guarantees $17.5 million. If the Rays exercise both options, Longoria would earn more than $44 million over the life of the nine-year agreement. " - Tampa's site.

He's pretty cheap for the first option, but once we take that second one, mannnnnn thats a lot of money! at least he is going to donate 3/4 of a million to the ray's charity! gotta love a kid like that.

IS THE SEASON OVER YET???i'M SICK OF BASEBALL ALREADY!!! :blink::blink::unsure: CAN YOU SAY BORING!!!!!!!

Then no need to post here ;)

IS THE SEASON OVER YET???i'M SICK OF BASEBALL ALREADY!!! :blink::blink::unsure: CAN YOU SAY BORING!!!!!!!

Then no need to post here ;)

my jays are going to fenway....luckily for you guys, Frank thomas is done with the team, unlucky for you guys, Roy halladay,lol.

Jays have been slumping badly lately,, but they always show up for games against the Yanks or red Sox, should be a good series.

my jays are going to fenway....luckily for you guys, Frank thomas is done with the team, unlucky for you guys, Roy halladay,lol.

Jays have been slumping badly lately,, but they always show up for games against the Yanks or red Sox, should be a good series.

A good series? Dedpends on which Red Sox team shows up, lol. Im voting for the team that played before the Angels series....please. :mellow:

A good series? Dedpends on which Red Sox team shows up, lol. Im voting for the team that played before the Angels series....please. :mellow:

For the love of all things pinstripes!! Dave needs to sit Hughes down, show him what to work on. 3.2 innings, 6 runs on 8 hits, 2 were homers and 3 walks? This is not the power prospect that was suppose to be our future number one ace. Man, things just aren't what they're suppose to be in the baseball world.

BTW TSA, I got to Clemens before you! HA! :P

For the love of all things pinstripes!! Dave needs to sit Hughes down, show him what to work on. 3.2 innings, 6 runs on 8 hits, 2 were homers and 3 walks? This is not the power prospect that was suppose to be our future number one ace. Man, things just aren't what they're suppose to be in the baseball world.

Hahaha, oops. I fixed it for you ;) :

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=13593' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=13593[/post]

Who cracks first, Lester or Halladay? What a pitching duel :o

If they take Lester out for the 9th and its still tied 0-0....Ill scream!

Edit: Good move putting Pap in to close the door, I was wrong. Poor Lester, throws a 1 hitter and doesnt get the win, these Red Sox pitchers cant catch a break

That said, Im glad to be done with Halladay...for now.

Hahaha, oops. I fixed it for you ;) :

http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=13593' target="_blank">http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index...showtopic=13593[/post]

Who cracks first, Lester or Halladay? What a pitching duel :o

If they take Lester out for the 9th and its still tied 0-0....Ill scream!

Edit: Good move putting Pap in to close the door, I was wrong. Poor Lester, throws a 1 hitter and doesnt get the win, these Red Sox pitchers cant catch a break

That said, Im glad to be done with Halladay...for now.

good win for Boston but what has happened to the bats?

Halladay happened, thats what. :rolleyes:

Dodgers have become the powerhouse of the West, Nomar on the DL....again? He's like having Peter Forseberg in the line up, great when they're in the line up, but not in the line up enough.

good win for Boston but what has happened to the bats?

Dodgers have become the powerhouse of the West, Nomar on the DL....again? He's like having Peter Forseberg in the line up, great when they're in the line up, but not in the line up enough.

yes but the whole series vs Tampa and the Sox did not hit as well so its been about 5 games of little hitting

and that is concerning a bit, especially since Ortiz looks like *edit*.

also dont the Sox usually own Halliday, even though he is a great pitcher.

as for Nomar :unsure: It sucks that he is always hurt but maybe someday he will

get healthy again (when he retires :lol: )

yes but the whole series vs Tampa and the Sox did not hit as well so its been about 5 games of little hitting

My completely uneducated guess......

I think the Red Sox hit the wall and it was bound to happen sooner than later. They started the season on a whirl wind tour across multiple continents, they played pre-season games-then played season games-then played more pre-season games, they came back to the States and instead of coming home to Boston, they went to Toronto for a series there. When the finally did get home and somewhat settled, they played some excellent ball but got hit with the flu bug that worked its way not only through the line up, but ended up benching our top two starters in the rotation. This not only messed up the rotation but also a number of young rookies were brought up to fill the spots of everyday players (sounds like the Canes). The rookies held their own and the Sox still managed to win games but eventually it had to catch up with them. When your replacement players start going down (Ellsbury and Casey), you know its time to get the starters back in. Enter Coco Crisp and Mike Lowell.

Id give it a couple of games before I started to get concerned about it. Like I said, it was bound top happen eventually and at least they didnt lose too much ground while playing so bad. Its unusual for all the bats to go quiet at the same time, isnt it though?

As for Ortiz, no clue. Could just be a confidence thing, maybe his knees arent healed well or maybe he's just getting older(Im not ready for that one yet lol). Last night he showed that he can still crush the ball (even though it went foul), and he was able to get a clutch hit in the bottom of the 9th which ended up to be the game winning run.

And as far as I remember, Halladay owns the Sox. As does Ted Lily and Scott Kazmir.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Rays look pretty darn good? That could be why the Sox didnt look as good.

I think the Red Sox hit the wall and it was bound to happen sooner than later. They started the season on a whirl wind tour across multiple continents, they played pre-season games-then played season games-then played more pre-season games, they came back to the States and instead of coming home to Boston, they went to Toronto for a series there. When the finally did get home and somewhat settled, they played some excellent ball but got hit with the flu bug that worked its way not only through the line up, but ended up benching our top two starters in the rotation. This not only messed up the rotation but also a number of young rookies were brought up to fill the spots of everyday players (sounds like the Canes). The rookies held their own and the Sox still managed to win games but eventually it had to catch up with them. When your replacement players start going down (Ellsbury and Casey), you know its time to get the starters back in. Enter Coco Crisp and Mike Lowell.

Id give it a couple of games before I started to get concerned about it. Like I said, it was bound top happen eventually and at least they didnt lose too much ground while playing so bad. Its unusual for all the bats to go quiet at the same time, isnt it though?

As for Ortiz, no clue. Could just be a confidence thing, maybe his knees arent healed well or maybe he's just getting older(Im not ready for that one yet lol). Last night he showed that he can still crush the ball (even though it went foul), and he was able to get a clutch hit in the bottom of the 9th which ended up to be the game winning run.

And as far as I remember, Halladay owns the Sox. As does Ted Lily and Scott Kazmir.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Rays look pretty darn good? That could be why the Sox didnt look as good.

great points but on Halliday I found this as of early 2007

Halladay owns an 8-7 record with a 4.60 ERA in 27 career outings vs. Boston.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070418&content_id=1917068&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor' target="_blank">http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=tor[/post]

I think you are thinking of Ted Lilly and Scot Kasmir owning Boston

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070418&content_id=1917068&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor' target="_blank">http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=tor[/post]

Ok, no excuses then, the Red Sox were just awful at the plate :(

Ok, no excuses then, the Red Sox were just awful at the plate :(

Ok. Its only April. It is only April. Deep breaths. Our offense is falling apart, our pitching has crumbled away from any type of starting rotation to a tire rotation. Thank goodness there are MONTHS of baseball to make up 1 so-so month. Geez.

geez...Blue jays pitchers should go on strike after those two games...What else can you ask for from them?

Gibbons will probably be fired by the end of this week, hate to blame coaches, but something has to spark this team up, way too good on paper to play this poorly offensively.

Dodgers are hitting.

Does Davy Lopes, Steve Garvey, Dusty Baker, Pedro Guererro,

Ron Cey and Rick Monday play for this team :lol:

seriously it is nice to see this, I hope they are not on a flukey streak and can continue to win

geez...Blue jays pitchers should go on strike after those two games...What else can you ask for from them?

Gibbons will probably be fired by the end of this week, hate to blame coaches, but something has to spark this team up, way too good on paper to play this poorly offensively.

The pitching has just been off the charts in this series. If only the bats can wake up.

C23, lots of very upset fans on XM about the pitching situation and Giradi's coaching. I wonder if the only way to fix this is through trade. Hughs really looked demoralized and he has so much talent. You think they'll put Joba in the rotation? At least your back up catcher looks really solid. Sounds like Posada may be out for a while.

The pitching has just been off the charts in this series. If only the bats can wake up.

C23, lots of very upset fans on XM about the pitching situation and Giradi's coaching. I wonder if the only way to fix this is through trade. Hughs really looked demoralized and he has so much talent. You think they'll put Joba in the rotation? At least your back up catcher looks really solid. Sounds like Posada may be out for a while.