The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

I think I would have let Posada walk. Offer him 3 years max. And Hughes is on the DL now, so <i>hopefully</> there was an underlying problem somewhere that he didn't reveal sometime ago, and he can come back and continue on where he left off fromm October last year.

I think I would have let Posada walk. Offer him 3 years max.

He signed a 4-year deal after last season, so I'm afraid you're stuck with him.

So.....how was the new ball park?

Flip... geez. Hughes has a fractured rib, and Tulo is out until the All Star break. There goes my fantasy shortstop. Geez. :(

No 9th inning magic for the Sox tonight, although it almost happened.

Great pitching HeyHey, this division is looking pretty tough.

Eeks! Who is this Chris Britton?? He kinda makes Bartolo Colon look....umm....in shape?

Eeks! Who is this Chris Britton?? He kinda makes Bartolo Colon look....umm....in shape?

I liked it. Our seats were in the RF corner, had a good view, it seemed pretty nice. The HD scoreboard looks pretty cool. Only problem is there weren't enough trash cans (yes, really) and if I had to do it over again, I'd take the Metro instead of driving, parking at RFK, and riding a bus to the new park.

Good series...weird to see those 3 low-scoring games, past couple of years it's been like 8-7 or 9-8 between two good offensive clubs. jays still playing awful, possibly best rotation in baseball, but most underachieving in terms of hitting.

d-Rays are really getting ont he Red Sox tail, what happens when Kazmir is back in full mode?

Chris Britton has a great fastball, but the weight is a major issue. Very major. Interesting to see how the Yanks work this out. Wonder if Rocket will come back for another half season for 20 mil!!! :)

Good series...weird to see those 3 low-scoring games, past couple of years it's been like 8-7 or 9-8 between two good offensive clubs. jays still playing awful, possibly best rotation in baseball, but most underachieving in terms of hitting.

d-Rays are really getting ont he Red Sox tail, what happens when Kazmir is back in full mode?

bo sox have figured us out tonight, our pitching is horrible and they are smacking us around :(

Finally, Yanks win. Wang with 6 wins. Nice. Maybe he'll prove Yanks wrong and show them he is an Ace. I certainly think he's a good pitcher, definitely #2 material. I would love to eat crow and see if he can be the Ace we wanted him to be. Hughes and IPK could learn a few things. Last year in the ball park boys, make it memorable... in a good way please. :(

Chris Britton has a great fastball, but the weight is a major issue. Very major. Interesting to see how the Yanks work this out. Wonder if Rocket will come back for another half season for 20 mil!!! :)

I think the government may have him a little too busy now ;)

I think the government may have him a little too busy now ;)

Looks like we're putting the Rays in their place, lets finish the job tomorrow.

payback for last weekend to those Devil Rays

(yes I still call them that, just like the California Angels, I am hard headed lol)

also who is the hottest team in baseball, thats right the Dodgers and they are

ripping the cover off the ball, Just look at Rafial Furcal and Loney with 6 Rbi today

and Matt Kemp 16 Rbi in his last 7 games.

I just hope this is not all luck and those Dimondbacks keep winning so LA

is picking up zero ground. its early but interesting to say the least.

Wow, the dodgers have really turned it around.

not too long ago you were talking about how they couldn't hit their way out of a paper bag! :lol:

bo sox have figured us out tonight, our pitching is horrible and they are smacking us around :(

Hey, its one thing to embarrass the Red Sox in Tampa, but not in Fenway, lol. One good sweep deserves a return favor ;) .

I also think we got lucky and will see a very different Scott Kasmir the next time around.

Hey, its one thing to embarrass the Red Sox in Tampa, but not in Fenway, lol. One good sweep deserves a return favor ;) .

I also think we got lucky and will see a very different Scott Kasmir the next time around.

Wow, the dodgers have really turned it around.

not too long ago you were talking about how they couldn't hit their way out of a paper bag! :lol:

you are correct, very streaky but am pretty pleased recently :)

Sox look good as well and that is boding well for me.

btw any Sox fans or people with MBL xtra innings has seen the changing in

the center field camera in Boston? Looks like the camera ia a million miles away lol

wonder why they changed it. it worked good for the last say 40 years since they pretty much instituted

a center field camera

thoughts? or am i (as well as the baseball tongiht crew) being too picky?

the center field camera in Boston? Looks like the camera ia a million miles away lol

wonder why they changed it. it worked good for the last say 40 years since they pretty much instituted

a center field camera

I didne even notice, lol. I watch the NESN feeds, Ill watch closer next game. Where's the camera, on top of the green monster?

a center field camera

I didne even notice, lol. I watch the NESN feeds, Ill watch closer next game. Where's the camera, on top of the green monster?

:lol: its not that high but it seems higher than usual... "the Straight on look" I think they want"

glad they swept Tampa, so my dad is in a better mood :lol:

and the Dodgers even look like a real team :P

:lol: its not that high but it seems higher than usual... "the Straight on look" I think they want"

glad they swept Tampa, so my dad is in a better mood :lol:

and the Dodgers even look like a real team :P

Dodgers look great. I guess there's life after Nomar. Im still waiting for DLowe to come home :(

With Brandon Moss out for his appandectomy (he hit his homerun with symptoms the other day), Craig Hansen gets called up for the bullpen and Lugo was temporarily moved to the outfield? Interesting....maybe he make less errors there.

Alex Cora is getting closer to returning which will finally give us another option for all this roster juggling. I'd have to guess that all this juggling and playing of te young kids will prove very handy somewhere later in the season.