The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

:lol: its not that high but it seems higher than usual... "the Straight on look" I think they want"

glad they swept Tampa, so my dad is in a better mood :lol:

and the Dodgers even look like a real team :P

Dodgers look great. I guess there's life after Nomar. Im still waiting for DLowe to come home :(

With Brandon Moss out for his appandectomy (he hit his homerun with symptoms the other day), Craig Hansen gets called up for the bullpen and Lugo was temporarily moved to the outfield? Interesting....maybe he make less errors there.

Alex Cora is getting closer to returning which will finally give us another option for all this roster juggling. I'd have to guess that all this juggling and playing of te young kids will prove very handy somewhere later in the season.

Dodgers look great. I guess there's life after Nomar. Im still waiting for DLowe to come home :(

With Brandon Moss out for his appandectomy (he hit his homerun with symptoms the other day), Craig Hansen gets called up for the bullpen and Lugo was temporarily moved to the outfield? Interesting....maybe he make less errors there.

Alex Cora is getting closer to returning which will finally give us another option for all this roster juggling. I'd have to guess that all this juggling and playing of te young kids will prove very handy somewhere later in the season.

I am glad Hansen is back up.

he is very talented and should do quite well IMO :)

Yeah I've noticed the camera on the NESN broadcast as well. It's not bad, I just don't like it as much as the normal one. One of the guys on Baseball Tonight actually made fun of it the other day too. :P

Yeah I've noticed the camera on the NESN broadcast as well. It's not bad, I just don't like it as much as the normal one. One of the guys on Baseball Tonight actually made fun of it the other day too. :P

lol btw do you have MLB?

do the "away" teams vs boston get a different camera angle. (I dont see it as I have boston as my home market and do not have MLB due to being poor with kids lol)

Yeah I have Extra Innings and get the NESN feed with Orsillo and Rem-Dog. It has been fine the last since we got it in 2001 or 2002, but the last 3 or 4 games have been a camera angle that is compleletely different.

Yeah I have Extra Innings and get the NESN feed with Orsillo and Rem-Dog. It has been fine the last since we got it in 2001 or 2002, but the last 3 or 4 games have been a camera angle that is compleletely different.

Did you guys catch the camera behind the back stop that had the lens shattered the other night?

Did you guys catch the camera behind the back stop that had the lens shattered the other night?

What a night for Timmy Wakes. It seems like he has one start (maybe two) like this every year where goes out and throws a one-hitter or something like that. Such is the nature of the knuckleball.

What a night for Timmy Wakes. It seems like he has one start (maybe two) like this every year where goes out and throws a one-hitter or something like that. Such is the nature of the knuckleball.

i saw that, his knuckleball was dancing everywhere.

makes you think he can pitch to 45 years old with days like this.

My Dodgers are leading in the bottom of the 8th.. 5-4

I hope they hang on for their 10th win in 11 games.

what a turnaround, I never saw coming :P

***LA hung on. Boy are they playing well......Torre must be pushing the right buttons.....I Love it and hope it continues all season ***

Headlines from Dirtdogs.com:

Not Seen Since 1900: Wakefield and Timlin Get the Over-40-Only Shutout

It's Been a While Boys: Dominican Dynamite Explodes Back-to-Back(Manny and Papi)

Scrape No. 496 Off the Fenway Banner, Manny Finally Crunches No. 497

David Ortiz Is Finally Coming Around, Maybe He Deserves An All-Star Nod Now

Cash is Money, Again: .361 Hitting Catcher Hits in Clutch, Catches Tim

Note to Tito the Cooler: Don't Give Manny a Day Off Now, Please

Breaking News: 2 Errorless Games in a Row for Lugo

Headlines from Dirtdogs.com:

Not Seen Since 1900: Wakefield and Timlin Get the Over-40-Only Shutout

It's Been a While Boys: Dominican Dynamite Explodes Back-to-Back(Manny and Papi)

Scrape No. 496 Off the Fenway Banner, Manny Finally Crunches No. 497

David Ortiz Is Finally Coming Around, Maybe He Deserves An All-Star Nod Now

Cash is Money, Again: .361 Hitting Catcher Hits in Clutch, Catches Tim

Note to Tito the Cooler: Don't Give Manny a Day Off Now, Please

Breaking News: 2 Errorless Games in a Row for Lugo

So much for that winning streak Med. ;)

Wang vs Lee. Let's hope the Yanks can win this one since Joba gave up the 3 run homer last night. Sadness. I hope for our team it doesn't happen, but I can totally see Steiny caving and trading someone for some veteran pitching. Not really 41 year old vet presence, but someone older than 25 besides Pettitte and Mussina. Hughes will come around. He's still young. And Joba, it's good that reality comes into play every now and then. I really hope those two can pull it together and have a good year after the All Star break.

Let's see...

Buchholz finally came back to earth a little bit after a stretch of really good pitching, but Wake was great last night. I can't imagine how good we may be if we actually get a long relief man (Kyle Snyder anyone??) other than Tavarez.

Buchholz finally came back to earth a little bit after a stretch of really good pitching, but Wake was great last night. I can't imagine how good we may be if we actually get a long relief man (Kyle Snyder anyone??) other than Tavarez.

Curt Schilling perhaps? j/k, I dont see him coming back as a reliever and I dont see him coming back anytime soon.

Bucholtz will develop more consistency as the season goes on, Im not worried about him because he has unbelievable stuff.

I was worried about letting Mirabelli go but Cash has been incredible. Not only can he catch Wake(which is a feat in itself) but he's hitting up a storm too.

Once again, Theo makes the right cal.

Edit: And did I mention how freaking awesome it is to have Mike Lowell back in the line up???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clutch 3 run homer in the 7th ties it up 8-8. "Holy Slugfest Batman"

Edit again: ...and Papelbon gets his first blown save after a huge rally back :(.

Lugo's error finally costs the Sox a game :angry:

BDD_JP_det_5.7.08_nesn.jpg

Curt Schilling perhaps? j/k, I dont see him coming back as a reliever and I dont see him coming back anytime soon.

Bucholtz will develop more consistency as the season goes on, Im not worried about him because he has unbelievable stuff.

I was worried about letting Mirabelli go but Cash has been incredible. Not only can he catch Wake(which is a feat in itself) but he's hitting up a storm too.

Once again, Theo makes the right cal.

Edit: And did I mention how freaking awesome it is to have Mike Lowell back in the line up???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clutch 3 run homer in the 7th ties it up 8-8. "Holy Slugfest Batman"

Edit again: ...and Papelbon gets his first blown save after a huge rally back :(.

Lugo's error finally costs the Sox a game :angry:

BDD_JP_det_5.7.08_nesn.jpg

Hmmmm....I wonder if this has anything to do with Jed Lowrie not being sent down for Cora's return:

Fielding woes are mounting for shortstop

Red Sox shortstop Julio Lugo drops a ball hit by Detroit's Edgar Renteria in the transfer from glove to throwing hand, contributing to the Tigers' two-run ninth inning.

Globe Staff / May 8, 2008

DETROIT - Jonathan Papelbon watched as the ball off Edgar Renteria's bat headed toward shortstop, where he thought he could anticipate the outcome. An outcome that would get him one out closer to his 11th save of the season. "I'm thinking, 'OK, now I've [got] one,' " Papelbon said. "I've got one man in scoring position, at second. I can get a pop fly and a strikeout. Anything can happen."

Not so fast. Julio Lugo, who has struggled mightily in the field this season, dropped the ball on the transfer from glove hand to throwing hand.

"It was a soft-hit ground ball," Lugo explained after his error contributed to the Tigers scoring twice in the ninth inning and beating the Red Sox, 10-9, at Comerica Park. "I thought I had a chance to go to second. I was a little overaggressive. Instead of getting one out, I was trying to get the lead runner and I bobbled the ball."

That left runners on first and second with no outs in an inning in which pinch runner Ryan Raburn scored on a ground out by Curtis Granderson and Renteria scored when Placido Polanco lofted a broken-bat single over the outstretched glove of Lugo.

Papelbon watched that one, too, likely with misplaced hope as he braced for the worst. Though it seemed inevitable that the ball hit by Polanco would be too well-placed, too high for Lugo to glove, the closer couldn't help but wish, saying afterward, "You know he's got a chance at it, but you don't know if he's going to get to it or not."

He didn't. But that certainly wasn't his fault.

"He made a great play the play before," manager Terry Francona said when asked about Lugo's error. "I think what happened is he looked to maybe think about going to second and the ball climbed up his glove."

And it wasn't as if Lugo's night was all bad. Though he didn't score, Lugo was on base three times, on a double to left-center, a hit by pitch, and a walk. But it will be hard to focus on any of those plate appearances, especially with his miscue.

Lugo extended his major league lead in errors to 10, two more than Cincinnati third baseman Edwin Encarnacion. It's something that has plagued Lugo over his career, when he has routinely topped 20 errors in a season.

Part of the reason this season's number is ever more inflated is a horrific game Lugo played in Toronto. On April 6 at Rogers Centre, Lugo committed three errors against the Blue Jays.

"You know what happened is he made the three in Toronto that are going to bite him for the rest [of the season] 'cause he has a lot now," Francona said Monday of Lugo's troubles in the field. "I actually think lately he has played a more aggressive shortstop. He's gone in the hole a couple times.

"He made those errors in Toronto. That's a bad day. That's going to up his total. We stay on him all the time about being that guy that's aggressive and fearless because that's when he's a better player."

But as for adding his own thoughts to his struggles, Lugo chose to leave his questioners with just a few words. Three, to be exact.

"You've seen it," Lugo said, then walked away.

And some good news: Carlos Gomez of the Twins hit for the cycle.

Gomez became the first Twin to hit for the cycle since Kirby Puckett did it on Aug. 1, 1986, against Oakland, and the eighth in team history to do so.

"It's amazing, something that Kirby Puckett did," Gomez said. "Gold Glover, All-Star. I can't explain it to you. That's unbelievable."

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=mlb

Hmmmm....I wonder if this has anything to do with Jed Lowrie not being sent down for Cora's return:

Fielding woes are mounting for shortstop

Red Sox shortstop Julio Lugo drops a ball hit by Detroit's Edgar Renteria in the transfer from glove to throwing hand, contributing to the Tigers' two-run ninth inning.

Globe Staff / May 8, 2008

DETROIT - Jonathan Papelbon watched as the ball off Edgar Renteria's bat headed toward shortstop, where he thought he could anticipate the outcome. An outcome that would get him one out closer to his 11th save of the season. "I'm thinking, 'OK, now I've [got] one,' " Papelbon said. "I've got one man in scoring position, at second. I can get a pop fly and a strikeout. Anything can happen."

Not so fast. Julio Lugo, who has struggled mightily in the field this season, dropped the ball on the transfer from glove hand to throwing hand.

"It was a soft-hit ground ball," Lugo explained after his error contributed to the Tigers scoring twice in the ninth inning and beating the Red Sox, 10-9, at Comerica Park. "I thought I had a chance to go to second. I was a little overaggressive. Instead of getting one out, I was trying to get the lead runner and I bobbled the ball."

That left runners on first and second with no outs in an inning in which pinch runner Ryan Raburn scored on a ground out by Curtis Granderson and Renteria scored when Placido Polanco lofted a broken-bat single over the outstretched glove of Lugo.

Papelbon watched that one, too, likely with misplaced hope as he braced for the worst. Though it seemed inevitable that the ball hit by Polanco would be too well-placed, too high for Lugo to glove, the closer couldn't help but wish, saying afterward, "You know he's got a chance at it, but you don't know if he's going to get to it or not."

He didn't. But that certainly wasn't his fault.

"He made a great play the play before," manager Terry Francona said when asked about Lugo's error. "I think what happened is he looked to maybe think about going to second and the ball climbed up his glove."

And it wasn't as if Lugo's night was all bad. Though he didn't score, Lugo was on base three times, on a double to left-center, a hit by pitch, and a walk. But it will be hard to focus on any of those plate appearances, especially with his miscue.

Lugo extended his major league lead in errors to 10, two more than Cincinnati third baseman Edwin Encarnacion. It's something that has plagued Lugo over his career, when he has routinely topped 20 errors in a season.

Part of the reason this season's number is ever more inflated is a horrific game Lugo played in Toronto. On April 6 at Rogers Centre, Lugo committed three errors against the Blue Jays.

"You know what happened is he made the three in Toronto that are going to bite him for the rest [of the season] 'cause he has a lot now," Francona said Monday of Lugo's troubles in the field. "I actually think lately he has played a more aggressive shortstop. He's gone in the hole a couple times.

"He made those errors in Toronto. That's a bad day. That's going to up his total. We stay on him all the time about being that guy that's aggressive and fearless because that's when he's a better player."

But as for adding his own thoughts to his struggles, Lugo chose to leave his questioners with just a few words. Three, to be exact.

"You've seen it," Lugo said, then walked away.

And some good news: Carlos Gomez of the Twins hit for the cycle.

Gomez became the first Twin to hit for the cycle since Kirby Puckett did it on Aug. 1, 1986, against Oakland, and the eighth in team history to do so.

"It's amazing, something that Kirby Puckett did," Gomez said. "Gold Glover, All-Star. I can't explain it to you. That's unbelievable."

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=mlb

Lugo has got to stop whining and play better

or listen to the consequeses when he messes up.

whats he think the media is going to do?

say "julio how is the weather or what is your pick in the NBA playoffs, can Boston win" :lol:

I just wish we signed Cabrerra after 04 and none of his nonsense ever happens

Lugo and Rent-a-wreck having an error competion on who can make more in a year

No sweep for the Tribe. Finally Yanks can win. It's kind of like Canes hockey. Win, lose, win, lose, lose, win win, lose, win... etc etc.

No sweep for the Tribe. Finally Yanks can win. It's kind of like Canes hockey. Win, lose, win, lose, lose, win win, lose, win... etc etc.

Yanks won in big fashion too. I have to admit I like that Robinson Cano guy ;)

Yanks won in big fashion too. I have to admit I like that Robinson Cano guy ;)

Robby Cano is a good hitter. Defense wise... I'd say Pedroia is better. Cano usually starts off slow and then gets hot.

I'm writing an article that's for laughs, about MLB and the problems with it. Got a bunch of stuff about Manny hitting HRs, Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds in their legal woes they have faced, and false interviews with players and members of the organizations. It's all in good fun, I'll load it later when it's finished. But please folks, it's just fun, fiction, and not serious. Everyone who doesn't have a sense of humor, don't download it when I upload it!!