The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

the first place Devil Rays I mean Rays. credit is due but will they keep it up?

I think I fugured it out! Someone from the Rays snuck into the Red Sox and Yankees locker room and poisoned the pitching staff for both clubs.

Hmmm...where have you been the last couple of weeks Asylum?

I guess you can say that the Red Sox starting pitching has officialy run into a wall when Josh Beckett gets beat up by the O's. :(

the first place Devil Rays I mean Rays. credit is due but will they keep it up?

I think I fugured it out! Someone from the Rays snuck into the Red Sox and Yankees locker room and poisoned the pitching staff for both clubs.

I guess you can say that the Red Sox starting pitching has officialy run into a wall when Josh Beckett gets beat up by the O's. :(

I have faith in the Sox turning it around for sure.

however the Dodgers are an enigma to me and have a little skepticism of that happening there. :(

however the Dodgers are an enigma to me and have a little skepticism of that happening there. :(

Thats the nice thing about a 162 game season, things can change quickly. Keep the faith.

The injuries are really mounting for the Red Sox. When Yoooouk becomes your right fielder, you're really out of players. I wonder how Lugo would do in the outfield :huh: .

Bucholtz put on the DL with a broken nail, JD DRew out for a sore wrist and Coco....well, I guess his is legit when you cant hold food down.

Geez, a hockey player would wrap the finger, tape the wrist and play till he threw up on the bench.

Thats the nice thing about a 162 game season, things can change quickly. Keep the faith.

The injuries are really mounting for the Red Sox. When Yoooouk becomes your right fielder, you're really out of players. I wonder how Lugo would do in the outfield :huh: .

Bucholtz put on the DL with a broken nail, JD DRew out for a sore wrist and Coco....well, I guess his is legit when you cant hold food down.

Geez, a hockey player would wrap the finger, tape the wrist and play till he threw up on the bench.

LOL, Manny with an "outstanding" play as he catches the ball, high fives a fan, and throws out Huff for a double play.

But the Sox still lose 6-3. :P

Meanwhile, Moose and Mo hold on for a Yanks win. Finally. :)

LOL, Manny with an "outstanding" play as he catches the ball, high fives a fan, and throws out Huff for a double play.

Its official, our pitching has completely gone south. Oki was our last hold out who hadnt faltered yet but today he gave up a grand slam to an ex-Red Sox player to lose the game :(.

I was secretly rooting for the Yanks tonight, the Rays are getting a little too comfortable with their new found success. :ph34r:

Manny being Manny (on a good day):

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805142699480' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/video.j...200805142699480[/post]

Ever the showman, Ramirez said he was just doing what baseball players are supposed to do -- excel at a game and enjoy yourself while doing so.

"I think that's part of the game. This is a game -- you've got to go enjoy it and have fun," Ramirez said.

Its official, our pitching has completely gone south. Oki was our last hold out who hadnt faltered yet but today he gave up a grand slam to an ex-Red Sox player to lose the game :(.

I was secretly rooting for the Yanks tonight, the Rays are getting a little too comfortable with their new found success. :ph34r:

Manny being Manny (on a good day):

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200805142699480' target="_blank">http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/video.j...200805142699480[/post]

Ever the showman, Ramirez said he was just doing what baseball players are supposed to do -- excel at a game and enjoy yourself while doing so.

"I think that's part of the game. This is a game -- you've got to go enjoy it and have fun," Ramirez said.

I would love to have the Rays win it all and emerge from the basement. Maybe get some more quality players on the team and really show MLB that the AL East is becoming more and more challenging.

Oh well... more and more games to go.

One win in a row for the Dodgers :P

they beat a former Dodger relief pitcher and it was not Gagne :P

Sox are decimated but will bounce back IMO

and C23 great win yesterday for NY. Boy is Joba good

Med, Kershaw is suppose to be something fantastic. Kind of like Max Scherzer and Joba Chamberlain. Joba has been showing he has electric stuff. From what I've seen of Scherzer of the Diamondbacks, he has good stuff too. I'm excited to see Kershaw and see how he fares in the Majors.

Med, Kershaw is suppose to be something fantastic. Kind of like Max Scherzer and Joba Chamberlain. Joba has been showing he has electric stuff. From what I've seen of Scherzer of the Diamondbacks, he has good stuff too. I'm excited to see Kershaw and see how he fares in the Majors.

Thanks C23 you are a good guy for a Yanks fan :P (JK on the Yanks fan part, you really are one of the best poster here)

I think the Yanks should consider Joba as a starter to help their biggest weakness.

They still have Rivera back there and Joba as long as he hold up would be awesome IMO.

Just a small dots take from Medford MA :P

I didnt think Id say this but boy, the Sox could really use the pitching help right now. I hope Colon is ready for prime time and remembers the good ole days.

Big day for Colon

Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff May 15, 2008 04:29 PM

It looks like Bartolo Colon could be getting closer to a big league return.

In a start for the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox this afternoon, Colon threw one-hit baseball over six innings to lead the PawSox to a 2-0 win over the host Bisons in the first game of a doubleheader in Buffalo.

Colon had four strikeouts on the day, threw 64 pitches in total, 45 for strikes

According to MLB.com's report on the game today, Colon showed excellent command from start to finish, as he worked both sides of the plate well and threw 15 first-strike pitches with his velocity topping out at 95 mph.

I didnt think Id say this but boy, the Sox could really use the pitching help right now. I hope Colon is ready for prime time and remembers the good ole days.

Big day for Colon

Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff May 15, 2008 04:29 PM

It looks like Bartolo Colon could be getting closer to a big league return.

In a start for the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox this afternoon, Colon threw one-hit baseball over six innings to lead the PawSox to a 2-0 win over the host Bisons in the first game of a doubleheader in Buffalo.

Colon had four strikeouts on the day, threw 64 pitches in total, 45 for strikes

According to MLB.com's report on the game today, Colon showed excellent command from start to finish, as he worked both sides of the plate well and threw 15 first-strike pitches with his velocity topping out at 95 mph.

Thanks C23 you are a good guy for a Yanks fan :P (JK on the Yanks fan part, you really are one of the best poster here)

I think the Yanks should consider Joba as a starter to help their biggest weakness.

They still have Rivera back there and Joba as long as he hold up would be awesome IMO.

Just a small dots take from Medford MA :P

I think it would be interesting to see Joba as a starter. I think he would be effective to a point, but at the same time, can we really trust Latroy Hawkins and Kyle Farnsworth to hold the 8th for Mo??? I just hope we don't trade away some good talent for some mediocre starting pitching. I know we need it, but maybe if we just falter, it'll show Daddy Yankee that we shouldn't overspend and get past their prime players. I know every team has 1, but come on...

Yanks need younger players. Catcher, Outfielders, 1st Baseman, and SS. I love Jeter, but he is not as great as he use to be. Personally, I wouldn't mind Pedroia being our shortstop, or Troy Tulowitzki. 2 great kids defensively who know how to hit.

We have the youth in the starting rotation, with Wang, Hughes, Kennedy. They just need to mature (Wang has and is doing another outstanding job.) Pettitte isn't coming back next year. Moose will be gone. PAVANO WILL BE GONE! But we'll still have Kei Igawato mess things up. At least Darrell Rasner has been stepping up to the plate (as you asked for previously, med.)

I guess Kazmir is the AL East Killer though. Red Sox AND Yankees. :)

I'm back!

I had exams for a week and then went to the beach to start summer off the right way. Plus I'm too afraid to mention the fact that we're starting to look like a team! (knock on wood) but I'm asking the same question as everyone else here, will it last?

A-Rod's message to Manny

Apparently there was some outrage in New York yesterday after Yankee fans learned that Alex Rodriguez taped a message to be played at Fenway after Manny Ramirez hits his 500th career home run.

"Manny, I'm going to keep this short because I'm probably getting booed,

A-Rod's message to Manny

Apparently there was some outrage in New York yesterday after Yankee fans learned that Alex Rodriguez taped a message to be played at Fenway after Manny Ramirez hits his 500th career home run.

"Manny, I'm going to keep this short because I'm probably getting booed,

Cant stand Manny personally. Subway Series is underway, 1 to the Mets. Rather lose to the Mets than to the Sox though. :)

BTW, Why do you bunt someone over to 3rd when you're up 4 nothing? Thats a decent size lead, especially with Dice K on the mound and him being hot so far. Just dont get it.