The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

This is whats good about being a Devil Rays fan, I can't be upset when they lose because I expect nothing less. When they win it's like a bonus :lol:

Sox play the rays starting today! Good news for the Sox, Carlos Pena is struggling srtiking out 10 times last week because of an injury. Bad news; Carl Crawford just lost his 8 game multi hit streak yesterday. He'll be looking to start another one today! Wakefield dominates the Rays throughout his career so should be a walk in the park for the BoSox

This is whats good about being a Devil Rays fan, I can't be upset when they lose because I expect nothing less. When they win it's like a bonus :lol:

Sox play the rays starting today! Good news for the Sox, Carlos Pena is struggling srtiking out 10 times last week because of an injury. Bad news; Carl Crawford just lost his 8 game multi hit streak yesterday. He'll be looking to start another one today! Wakefield dominates the Rays throughout his career so should be a walk in the park for the BoSox

That's what we thought about Baltimore too :rolleyes:

I'm hoping you're right.

That's what we thought about Baltimore too :rolleyes:

I'm hoping you're right.

"Two on, one out, Jeter at bat here in the bottom of the ninth, we're tied at six. The pitch, Cabrera off, it's hit to second, the throw home is...NOT IN TIME! CABRERA SCORES! BALL GAME OVER! THE YANKEES WIN, THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!"

"Two on, one out, Jeter at bat here in the bottom of the ninth, we're tied at six. The pitch, Cabrera off, it's hit to second, the throw home is...NOT IN TIME! CABRERA SCORES! BALL GAME OVER! THE YANKEES WIN, THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!"

Blown save, Rivera.

Blown save, Rivera.

Blown save, Rivera.

Unlike SOME pitchers I could mention, however, his team still wins when he blows the occasional save.

Blown save, Rivera.

Unlike SOME pitchers I could mention, however, his team still wins when he blows the occasional save.

...and you only show up on this thread when they do ;)

Blown save, Rivera.

...and you only show up on this thread when they do ;)

I think the Sox will lose tonight. Their worst nightmare has arrived; Kazmir! Wooo! Lets go Devil Rays! (No i'm not a yankee fan haha)

Kasmir does own us but somehow they need to get over that cause we really need this win. C'mon Lightningbug, your DRays aren't going anywhere whether they win or lose tonight so could you just maybe come over to our side?

I think the Sox will lose tonight. Their worst nightmare has arrived; Kazmir! Wooo! Lets go Devil Rays! (No i'm not a yankee fan haha)

Kasmir does own us but somehow they need to get over that cause we really need this win. C'mon Lightningbug, your DRays aren't going anywhere whether they win or lose tonight so could you just maybe come over to our side?

Haha, I like Boston; they're my 2nd favorite team. But, I have to pull for my home team when it's heads up. Maybe if you're lucky Lugo can drill Kaz tonight like he did last night to Shields. Well nevermind; Shields still only gave up the 1 run haha. If you guys don't win tonight, you will tomorrow when 1-8 Sonnenstine pitches :P

Blown save, Rivera.

okay Gip ;) Sox vs Yanks in the playoffs is inevitable

as for me my Dodgers :unsure: suck and are done like toast

Phil "Scooter" Rizzuto, who overcame his diminutive size to become a key contributor to numerous New York Yankees championships and followed his playing career with a lengthy and entertaining stint in the team's broadcast booth, died Tuesday. He was 89.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

"thats not fair, you're cheating!, Rizzuto is not a word he's a baseball player"

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

Lester has a great outing his first night back in Fenway, Gagne strikes out the side for his Fenway debut, Red Sox FINALLY beat Kasmir and if I'm right.....

we get our first "jump around" of the season. :)

Where are you Gipper?????

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

Lester has a great outing his first night back in Fenway, Gagne strikes out the side for his Fenway debut, Red Sox FINALLY beat Kasmir and if I'm right.....

Where are you Gipper?????

you're forgetting the Mother's Day Miracle against the O's, but yes its about flippin' time we had a walkoff win.

Great to see Lester do well, hope he can keep it up and that this wasn't just a product of the adrenaline of being back at Fenway for the first time.

you're forgetting the Mother's Day Miracle against the O's, but yes its about flippin' time we had a walkoff win.

Great to see Lester do well, hope he can keep it up and that this wasn't just a product of the adrenaline of being back at Fenway for the first time.

Oops, my bad. I forgot cause its been about a million months since we had one of these kind of nights. I sure hope Gagne has gotten the monkey off his back....for good.

Oops, my bad. I forgot cause its been about a million months since we had one of these kind of nights. I sure hope Gagne has gotten the monkey off his back....for good.

Red Sox FINALLY beat Kasmir and if I'm right.....

Well, I think it was STUPID for Joe Madden (Rays manager) to yank Kazmir out after only 6 innings! He only had 4 hits against and 8 k's! Al Reyas doesn't blow many leads, that was only the 2nd blown save this year i believe for him. I definitely question Madden's decision... I'm not sure what the pitch count was at the time so maybe thats why? Still shouldn't matter if he still looked good through 6.

Okay Braves fans....here is a record we didn't want.

"Braves' Bobby Cox Sets Ejection Record at 132nd!" This is one record we could have did without, however the Braves pulled off a much needed win after the ejection.

Red Sox FINALLY beat Kasmir and if I'm right.....

Well, I think it was STUPID for Joe Madden (Rays manager) to yank Kazmir out after only 6 innings! He only had 4 hits against and 8 k's! Al Reyas doesn't blow many leads, that was only the 2nd blown save this year i believe for him. I definitely question Madden's decision... I'm not sure what the pitch count was at the time so maybe thats why? Still shouldn't matter if he still looked good through 6.

its because managers are wussifying the league.

I remember as a kid in the late 70s or early 80s when

someone like Jim Palmer would have 20 Complete games

or Orel Hershiser would have 5 shutouts in a row and have 18 to 20 CG

I think that no team will even reach that. Pretty sad.

Tony Larussa invented the one inning save with Dennis Eckersley. If all teams had an Eck then

its okay. Its not okay for most teams as a lot of bullpens suck

or offense sucks like my pathetic dodgers who look the the Tigers of a few years ago who lost 118 games :o

this sucks. I didn't play Carlos Pena in my fantasy league today because i see Dice-K is pitching. It's the 3rd inning and we have a Dice-K blow up with Pena being 1-2 with 3 RBI and a run. That was the first time i didn't play Carlos in like 3 weeks. DANG IT! Then again it is early and it IS the Rays...

DiceK always seems to have 1 inning where he totally loses command. Sometimes he gets it back in time to get out of trouble, today he didn't.

So Lugo had the at-bat of his life and of course we couldn't capitalize on it. Oh, and screw the Orioles and their atrocious bullpen.