The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Can somebody PLEASE tell me why the Yankees kept Farnsworth????!!!!! If he is taking Joba's role they are in big trouble <_<

Because he couldn't land us some top prospects. I'd gladly trade him back to the NL for a semi good pitching prospect. And he probably could if he wasn't sure worthless. :)

Because he couldn't land us some top prospects. I'd gladly trade him back to the NL for a semi good pitching prospect. And he probably could if he wasn't sure worthless. :)

:lol: Worthless...that's a good word for him!

the dodgers are bad now :( they cant hit against horrible colorado :unsure:

good win for boston though, even though Pedrioa got shafted on the non-HR call.

That was unreal, Im just glad it didnt end up deciding the game. Also glad Beckett got his win. He's been pitching great but getting shafted by no offensive support.

Sox are so tough at home. I hope they can find their road game soon.

Looks like today's game could have some fireworks:

With his thumb wrapped and iced after the game, one in which the Sox pushed past the Rays and into first place in the American League East, Crisp demonstrated more anger than pain. So, too, did Rays manager Joe Maddon, with whom Crisp had a shouting match during an eighth-inning pitching change concerning a hard slide into Tampa Bay second baseman Akinori Iwamura earlier in the inning.

It was all missed by Sox manager Terry Francona.

"I went down to go to the bathroom," said Francona after his team's 12th straight win at home. "Every time I leave [bench coach Brad Mills] in charge, he either puts [Kevin Youkilis] in right or something. Coco got his thumb jammed on the [play] before. I missed the rest of it. I was trying to get my zipper up. It wasn't going as fast as I wanted it to."

Crisp had injured the thumb - he called it a "mild sprain" and said there had been no X-rays - on a stolen base in the sixth, when he said shortstop Jason Bartlett put his knee in front of the bag. It was a move that caused Crisp to warn Bartlett he would "show him how I felt about it" if he got on base again.

That precipitated his hard slide on his stolen base try in the eighth, except he went into the other middle infielder, Iwamura. That slide was what angered Maddon.

"I stole second, Bartlett covered the bag, and he put his knee in front of the base where your hand or foot is supposed to go," Crisp said, though he indicated he thought Bartlett was a "good dude." "If your foot goes in there, there's not much chance for danger. Either way as an infielder, it's a little shady or a lot shady to do that. You cover the bag, swipe with the glove, because you can get somebody injured badly by doing that.

"If it continues, then it continues. I'm not going to be the one to initiate the next move."

So...did Francona order a Code Red? :lol:

Madden is such a hypocrite. He said that the slide one of the players in the pre-season (which hurt a Yankees catcher) was a good hard slide, now he's come back with this *edit*.

Madden is such a hypocrite. He said that the slide one of the players in the pre-season (which hurt a Yankees catcher) was a good hard slide, now he's come back with this *edit*.

You should read dirtdogs.com, they're having a field day with this one :lol: .

Oh man, bench and bullpen clearing brawl when Shields hit Coco with a pitch. Silly Rays, they were down 3-1 early in the game and now they're without their starting pitcher. Coco was a former boxer so he was able to avoid the right hook Sheild threw first fairly easily.

Saw this coming a mile away but never thought it'd happen so early when the Rays were down.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=bos

He missed...

QpZYns2b.jpg

This just shows the Rays don't know how to win yet. In the middle of pennant race, about to swept, down 2 runs, away from home, and you go and make your best pitcher throw at a guy in the 3rd.

Gomes and Crawford are gutless. At least 3 rays will be suspended easily. Gomes will be GONE for a long time, Crawford for a little less. And of course Shields for starting it all. The Red Sox will likely only lose Coco and he isn't all that big a loss. Props to Lugo, Ellsbury, Casey, DeMarlo Hale, Kevin Cash for having Coco's back and trying to get everyone calmed down.

Ugh, Ellsbury out with a wrist injury (what an awesome catch!), Youk to right field, Carter to Left, Coco ejected and Manny as DH.

I guess they test their depth right about now. Time to call Brandan Moss back up?

I think the Rays are showing that they want to be fighters too. I can't condone anything that was done, can't say good job Rays for sticking up to a bigger power in Red Sox or shame on them for instigating it. Don't really know who started it all, tried catching up but whatever...

But, the Rays are showing that they will get into the middle of it and that when push comes to shove, or right hook ducked followed by jab, they're willing to stand up for whatever it is they were willing to believe in.

It made sense at the beginning of this post to me, now I don't know if what I wanted to say actually came out the way I wanted it to. :)

I cant believe they retaliated the next game

The DEVIL Rays are not good and will always be a bush league team.

Bunch of crybabies. This has been going on for years

Gerald Williams vs Pedro anyone.

If C23 is right an the Rays are just trying to "hang with the big boys", there are smarter ways to do it.

Ellsbury update: Strained wrist, xrays negative.....phew.

If C23 is right an the Rays are just trying to "hang with the big boys", there are smarter ways to do it.

Ellsbury update: Strained wrist, xrays negative.....phew.

too many injureis to boston right now.

I just hope he is out a few days.

The Rays are a real team finally, why revert back to being

the crybabies they were in the past with all the dustups over the years?

And now Manny and Youk have an altercation of sorts in the dugout? Is there a full moon?

And now Manny and Youk have an altercation of sorts in the dugout? Is there a full moon?
What happened do you know?

What happened do you know?

They havent said although Remdawg and Orsillo went at it in the press box :lol: .

They havent said although Remdawg and Orsillo went at it in the press box :lol: .
:lol: The one night I was am not watching the game. Me and the wife had to go out and just got home a little while ago. So it figures that I am not watcing the game.

:lol: The one night I was am not watching the game. Me and the wife had to go out and just got home a little while ago. So it figures that I am not watcing the game.

You're missing quite an eventful one. The fans at Fenway are getting their money's worth tonight, lol. Thanks goodness for the MLB package on DirectTV.

I don't know why Youk and Manny were arguing, but if I had to guess I'd say it was something about Manny not getting out to help his teammates during that fight all that quickly. He never seems to be the first one out of the dugout.

Other than a situation like that though, I've no idea what Manny and Youk could've gotten into it about.

I don't know why Youk and Manny were arguing, but if I had to guess I'd say it was something about Manny not getting out to help his teammates during that fight all that quickly. He never seems to be the first one out of the dugout.

Other than a situation like that though, I've no idea what Manny and Youk could've gotten into it about.

Why didnt Manny get moved to left and Carter to DH? Is there some rule about DH's not being able to be moved to a positon while they're in?

I thought maybe that could be what they were arguing about. Youk questioning him as to why he wouldnt go to left which left Youk playing right field with all the juggling.

At least they got it done in big fashion without Papi, Ellsbury, Coco and Manny leaving early. And Carter gets his first major league hit, I love seeing that stuff happen. He even beat the shift, I'll assume thats a complement from the Rays to give him the shift.

Edit: Francona just said the testosterone was flying in the dugout after the big brawl and tempers were still flaring. I think maybe Canesn'bosox was right and Youk may have called Manny out for not jumping right in. I'll have to watch the replay to see if I can tell where Manny was.

Carter is being sent down to bring Moss back up for outfield help. Francona wasnt sure if Manny and/or Ellsbury would have to go on the DL. Right now, they say that Ellsbury is day-to-day.

I went on the fan forum on the Red Sox site to see what people were saying about Manny and Youk, someone said they did see Manny at the tail end of the fight trying to get guys off of the pile. I did see another guess as to why they were fighting that made a little more sense. Manny claims he has hammy problems right now so he's DHing. Manny has been known in the past to stretch the severity of his injury at times, with all of the problems with OFs being out Youk may have called out Manny for not going into LF when the team needed him to as opposed to having Youk/Carter/Drew move all around the field to positions they aren't used to.

And congrats to Carter, I really have been wanting to see him ever since he was acquired for Wily Mo.

Coco was just on for the post game press conference and his face was all scratched up. Said that he was geting his hair pulled and faced scratched when Navarro was on top of him. He basically called Gomes out for jumping in and throwing cheap shots. He complemented both Navarro and Shields for settling it like players do, but shrugged off the others that jumped in to get in their shots. He siad that the score should be even now and he has no idea if the Rays will retaliate to keep it going.

Cant wait for the dirtdogs headlines tomorrow, lol.