The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

"I charged the mound. I feigned it like I was going to go to first base, just to get Navarro off me a little bit, and just charged the mound,

And now Manny and Youk have an altercation of sorts in the dugout? Is there a full moon?

youk probably said Manny was being "soft" with his alleged hamstring

injury, when he is needed most now.

I like Manny (as he is important to this team) but its time to grow up. :unsure:

and the DEVIL rays are *edit* for starting this on purpose. Crisp thought

the other day that when you block the bag with your knee you can get hurt

then he slid in hard to second and it should have been over

but the DEVIL rays caused this *edit* on purpose. I hope the Pichter gets 10 games

for admittely hitting Crisp on purpose. horsebleep. The Rays are a bush league

team and always will be. :angry:

a side note, My Dodgers cant hit and are playing dreadful :(

I can't stop laughing whenever I see that dodge of the punch. That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in pro sports in a long time, a close second is seeing DeMarlo Hale come in out of nowhere to tackle Shields. I look at this as a big way the Sox can distance themselves from the Rays. The Rays are going to lose a lot of people and only have themselves to blame, we're going to lose Coco, and we have good enough OFs in the minors to more than make up for him.

Red Sox Suspensions

Crisp- 7 games

Lester- 5 games

Casey- 3 games

Rays Suspensions

Shields- 6 games

Gomes- 5 games

Jackson- 5 games

Crawford- 4 games

Iwamura- 3 games

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3429782

Why does Sean Casey get 3 games?

Why does Gomes and Crawford get away with 5 and 4?

Sheilds deserved more than 6 for admittedly starting it just because he was sick of being stomped around (beat) in Fenway for the last 10 years.

Why did Iwamura get 3 games?

Should Manny have gotten 3 for not jumping in :lol:

so much hating on my rays....makes me sad, and medford, we're not a bush league team.....tone it down.

I dont hate them Assylum, I just dont think it had to go as far as it did. It should have ended the game before, and Sheilds admitted why he did it. How about sending a message by way of winning rather than throwing deliberately at batters. Neither team is innocent here.

Anyway, it made for some real interesting TV yesterday. ;)

I dont hate them Assylum, I just dont think it had to go as far as it did. It should have ended the game before, and Sheilds admitted why he did it. How about sending a message by way of winning rather than throwing deliberately at batters. Neither team is innocent here.

Anyway, it made for some real interesting TV yesterday. ;)

That is how I feel also. Winning the game would hurt the other team alot more than throwing at a batter on purpose.

That is how I feel also. Winning the game would hurt the other team alot more than throwing at a batter on purpose.

Especially in this case where both teams are clawing for first with each other.

true, no fan can truly be proud after that game, crisp's fake of the charge and then the actual charge, and shields throw and the resulting brawl, but thats baseball, every team has it happen to them. shields was upset at crisp's slide into 2nd in the previous game and made a horrible decision....just as crisp's charge. too bad it wont be the last time in the league.

I think they want to be taken seriously. Can't blame them in a sense. They have always been considered easy wins, especially to mega giants Sox and Yanks. So this year, they're finally contending, finally up there winning games, and they don't want to be pushed around. Winning a game is 1 thing, sending a message is something totally different. Sometimes, some players and coaches feel that sending a message, even at whatever expense it may lead to, is more important.

I still don't know who is at fault here, but regardless, I think Crisp and the Sox know that the Rays want to be taken seriously. I don't see a Sox, or even a Yank, charging quicker or for lesser things. Now, if someone intentionally beans somebody in a very dangerous spot, you better believe you clear those benches and layeth the smack down.

so much hating on my rays....makes me sad, and medford, we're not a bush league team.....tone it down.

Its not at you I apolgize if I offended :( but I think it was low what they did

bush league might be too strong of a word,

I just think it should have been settled the day before

Maddon condoning is was not cool IMO. :unsure:

Cant say that surprises me. Plenty of times I want to tell Youk to keep his mouth shut or cool off because he's definately starting to get a reputation with the umpires and opposing pitchers that he's a hot head. He's definately the player that gets hit by pitchers the most on the Red Sox.

Sean Casey getting 3 games is ridiculous. He was working to pull guys off of the pile. He's known to be one of the nicest men in pro sports.

Same with Lester, he gets 5 games for hitting a guy with a curveball, he wasn't even ejected from the game becasue the ump saw that it wasn't in retaliation for anything.

Gomes and Crawford should've gotten a lot more. All the MLB did was try to show they weren't showing favorites, but they made it way to apparent and embarrassed themselves.

Also anyone see Youk give Manny a congratulatory hit on the head after he bombed that homer today? Every thing's fine.....hopefully.

PS: Ever since Ortiz went out Manny and Drew have been ripping the pitching of anyone and everyone possible.

Sean Casey getting 3 games is ridiculous. He was working to pull guys off of the pile. He's known to be one of the nicest men in pro sports.

Same with Lester, he gets 5 games for hitting a guy with a curveball, he wasn't even ejected from the game becasue the ump saw that it wasn't in retaliation for anything.

Gomes and Crawford should've gotten a lot more. All the MLB did was try to show they weren't showing favorites, but they made it way to apparent and embarrassed themselves.

Also anyone see Youk give Manny a hit on the head after he bombed that homer today?

PS: Ever since Ortiz went out Manny and Drew have been ripping the pitching of anyone and everyone possible.

More on Manny/Youk:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/06/07/did_youkilis_ignite_scrap/' target="_blank">http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...s_ignite_scrap/[/post]

Drew is on fire. If he keeps this up, Papi can take his time to get 100% well.

I guess he's no longer "JD Poo", my son has now officially dubbed him "JD Wooooooo!"

**I think we may just hit 100 pages with this thread this season :o

Latest update on the suspensions:

Red Sox Suspensions

Crisp- 7 games dropped appeal, accepted

Lester- 5 games accepted

Casey- 3 games pending

Rays Suspensions

Shields- 6 games dropped appeal, accepted

Gomes- 5 game accepted

Jackson- 5 games appeal

Crawford- 4 games appeal

Iwamura- 3 games appeal

Not only can the Rays not beat the Sox, they can't even beat up Coco Crisp :blink:

so far neither team has won against the other as the away team....rays got swept twice, boston once.....

so far neither team has won against the other as the away team....rays got swept twice, boston once.....

Red Sox cant win in a dome....period.

From what I hear the Rays are trying to beat up themselves! :blink:

Yeah, I saw Navarro and Garza getting into it, even going down the tunnel into the clubhouse. Ugly.

Yeah, I saw Navarro and Garza getting into it, even going down the tunnel into the clubhouse. Ugly.

Hmmm, this all sounds so familiar:

Garza, Navarro squabble on Sunday

Pitcher, catcher have argument on mound, incident in dugout

By Bill Chastain / MLB.com

ARLINGTON -- Sunday's Rays loss featured a highly visible squabble between starting pitcher Matt Garza and catcher Dioner Navarro.

In the fourth inning things boiled over between the right-hander and his catcher, resulting in a shoving match inside the Rays' dugout.

Garza had just surrendered a single to the Rangers' Ian Kinsler when Navarro made a mound visit. Garza barked into his glove at Navarro. Once the Rays catcher started back toward his position, pitching coach Jim Hickey went to the mound.

"[Garza is] an emotional guy out there on the mound and I was just trying to basically encourage him to channel his emotions more toward the task at hand versus just kind of wasting it out there," Hickey said. "And I thought he did a pretty good job after that, because it was a pretty heated situation out there. I believe he retired the next two guys."

Garza did in fact retire the final two batters of the fourth before continuing to go at it with Navarro once in the dugout. According to several witnesses, no punches were thrown, but TV cameras confirmed the shoving.

"Well, they just had a little bit of a disagreement and it carried over into the dugout," Hickey said. "They straightened it out, basically. Honestly, I don't know if it was over pitch selection or whatever. Obviously, it was something that was bothering both of them and they worked it out."

For the most part the Rays assumed a "keep it in the family" stance.

"Really, you guys, just describe what you saw," manager Joe Maddon said. "Write what you saw. It's something we're going to take care of. And we're going to take care of it soon."

Garza did not return to the mound in the fifth even though he had thrown just 77 pitches, and Maddon confirmed the disagreement had been the reason for Garza's removal. And rather than find both parties equally culpable, Maddon said Navarro was "not the irritant." He summarized by saying: "They had an exchange of ideas."

After speaking to reporters, Maddon spoke to Garza in his office. Garza characterized the content of the meeting as "nothing about today."

"Just some stuff I have to fix, that's about it," Garza said.

Garza said "we definitely can fix [the problem]."

"Just heat of passion," Garza said. "We're both competitors. Whatever happened, we'll just keep it here and we'll fix it. ... This is a great bunch of guys and everybody is on each other's side. We can fix it."

Navarro said the problem was "just something that happened in the game."

"It happens in the family," he said. "I think everybody is going to be fine from this point on. It was really nothing."

When asked if he was "square" with Garza, Navarro replied: "Yeah, we're fine. We're a whole family here. [Little] brother fights against older brother, stuff like that. Everything's straight now."

Okajima needs to NOT pitch against the O's.

Big Papi became a US citizen today :)

ramirez1.jpg

Edit: And Timlin needs to retire!