The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

me too ;)

Good to see you're keeping your sense of humor. What else can we do?

Guess we'll be keeping our sense of humor too:

Colon to disabled list-Red Sox righthander Bartolo Colon has been placed on the 15-day disabled list because of stiffness in his lower back.

The Red Sox have recalled righthander Chris Smith from Triple A Pawtucket to take his spot on the roster.

Colon twice came to the plate last night and he swung so hard in the fourth inning at a Cole Hamels changeup that his lower back stiffened up and he did not return to the mound in the bottom of the fifth inning.

"I think I hurt it on that swing where my helmet fell off," Colon said last night through first-base coach Luis Alicea, who translated.

Dice-K is supposed to be re-activated this weekend so maybe they're giving this kid a try for one game till the weekend when Dice k is scheduled for a start? Anyone know anything about Chris Smith?

Edit: Page 90 :o

And.....a picture caption-RedSox version:

BDD_MT_philly_6.17.08_ap.jpg

Tito: "Mike, we really could use your...umm...experience in the bull pen as a coach right now."

Timlin: "I know, I know...its just....well...I just dont want the guys having all that post season fun without me."

Guess we'll be keeping our sense of humor too:

Colon to disabled list-Red Sox righthander Bartolo Colon has been placed on the 15-day disabled list because of stiffness in his lower back.

The Red Sox have recalled righthander Chris Smith from Triple A Pawtucket to take his spot on the roster.

Colon twice came to the plate last night and he swung so hard in the fourth inning at a Cole Hamels changeup that his lower back stiffened up and he did not return to the mound in the bottom of the fifth inning.

"I think I hurt it on that swing where my helmet fell off," Colon said last night through first-base coach Luis Alicea, who translated.

Dice-K is supposed to be re-activated this weekend so maybe they're giving this kid a try for one game till the weekend when Dice k is scheduled for a start? Anyone know anything about Chris Smith?

Edit: Page 90 :o

And.....a picture caption-RedSox version:

BDD_MT_philly_6.17.08_ap.jpg

Tito: "Mike, we really could use your...umm...experience in the bull pen as a coach right now."

Timlin: "I know, I know...its just....well...I just dont want the guys having all that post season fun without me."

I would have thought of Bucholtz first :unsure:

when you said Chris Smith I though of Mike Smith of the Lightning :lol:

I would have thought of Bucholtz first :unsure:

when you said Chris Smith I though of Mike Smith of the Lightning :lol:

I cant remember where I saw it recently (probably Dirtdogs.com) but Bucholtz had a couple of mediocre starts and they seem leary of pushing him too fast into the rotation again. They certainly have plenty of options at the MLB and the Minor level till he's ready.

Mr. Met could've handled the situation better. Omar let this drag out to long and should've fired him about a month ago.

I kinda wanted Joe Torre after last season :ph34r: and thought the Mets coulda got him.

I just thought I would let all you guys from the Red Sox Nation on here that I will be traveling to Boston tomorrow to see your beloved Red Sox take on the Cardinals! It was my brother's birthday present so I am tagging along ;) Oh btw I am a fan of JD Drew...NOT THE RED SOX!

I just thought I would let all you guys from the Red Sox Nation on here that I will be traveling to Boston tomorrow to see your beloved Red Sox take on the Cardinals! It was my brother's birthday present so I am tagging along ;) Oh btw I am a fan of JD Drew...NOT THE RED SOX!

Have a great time! Should be a fun time to be in the city with the Celtics parade on Thursday.

JD Drew is on fire and in some freaky batting zone. He's a triple shy of the cycle today and hit a 3 run homer in the 1st inning. He must be making up for all those quiet at bats last season. ;) Go JD Woooooooo!

I think that Mets GM could have been a little more open during his Press Conference about Firing Randolph. He sounded like he just fired him because he had the power to do so. I know that there was talk about Firing him at the beginning of the season but still if wanted to do the firing right he would have done it after a home game, instead having the press conference in the Angels Press Room. Was it really Necessary to fire him right when they had just won the game a night before?

Have a great time! Should be a fun time to be in the city with the Celtics parade on Thursday.

JD Drew is on fire and in some freaky batting zone. He's a triple shy of the cycle today and hit a 3 run homer in the 1st inning. He must be making up for all those quiet at bats last season. ;) Go JD Woooooooo!

All I have to say is DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Maybe he was tired of all the booing :rolleyes:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080619&content_id=2962337&vkey=pr_sea&fext=.jsp&c_id=sea' target="_blank">http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/pre...sp&c_id=sea[/post]

Boy the second straight year the Mariners switched managers half way threw the season. Guess they are going to make this a yearly thing :lol:

That franchise is such a mess.

Rays have just swept the Cubs. If they keep the Momentum Going they will actually finish over .500 :D Yay!

(yes I am one of only 4 Tampa Bay Fans on Earth)

I'm a Rays fan. Yankees first and foremost, but if the Rays do well, I applaud I have quite a few players on my Fantasy Baseball team from the Rays.

Rays have just swept the Cubs. If they keep the Momentum Going they will actually finish over .500 :D Yay!

(yes I am one of only 4 Tampa Bay Fans on Earth)

How ironic, we have 2 out of the 4 of you right here on this board. :o

Edit: make that 3 of you, lol.

Warbird, where the heck have you been ?????

Schilling to have surgery-Red Sox right-hander will miss season; possibly the end of his career

"There's a pretty decent chance that I've thrown my last pitch, forever," Schilling told WEEI-850 AM in Boston. "I'm going in to make it not hurt anymore, which is pretty much all I care about"

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=bos

"I don't want it to end this way, but if this is the way it has to end, I'm OK with that. If it's over and my last pitch was in the 2007 World Series, I'm OK with that. I just can't stress enough where I am mentally with this. I have not a regret in the world. ... None of this makes me bitter or angry or pissed. It is what it is. In that sense, honestly, it's very, very easy for me because of what I've been able to experience compared to what I wanted when I first started my career, but if I have some say in how this is gonna end, I want it to be different than what it is right now." -- 6.20.08, Curt Schilling ... on what could be the end

No comment.

After months ago i said I'm willing to concede this season for the Jays if Gibbons is gone...he finally is, and cito gaston (manager of the 1992 and '93 World series Champs) is back for the remainder of the year.

jays won't make the playoffs, no doubt, but they could be a spoiler with gibbons gone now.

After months ago i said I'm willing to concede this season for the Jays if Gibbons is gone...he finally is, and cito gaston (manager of the 1992 and '93 World series Champs) is back for the remainder of the year.

jays won't make the playoffs, no doubt, but they could be a spoiler with gibbons gone now.

Congrats, its a step in the right direction.

Your team has a good amount of talent IMO.

I think you will be a pest to some AL East teams IMO

good luck to all except Boston :P

Warbird, where the heck have you been ?????

really busy lately. plus my browser had some kind of issues loading this forum, made me think it was down or something. that prompted me to switch over to firefox and now i'm able to access it again.

May I just say that I love the Red Sox green unis in honor of the Celtics championship. Its Celtics night at Fenway :)