The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

And the awsome thing is we have a team in the league here in the Albany area. And I go to alot of the games so I will get to see this kid pitch live in person this year.

I am pretty Sure that It doesn't happen too often. I would like to see a switchpitcher in the major leagues.

(That Glove he has is Very Awsome, Guess it beats switching gloves whenever you switch pitching hands.)

Well, 6/7 game winning streak, 2 game losing streak... to the Reds no less. Whats up with being blown away by "Red" teams????

Well, 6/7 game winning streak, 2 game losing streak... to the Reds no less. Whats up with being blown away by "Red" teams????

We're having the same issue with the Cardinals and their "Red". You'd think red would be a friendly color to the Red Sox. :rolleyes:

....And the Rays win, hmmm

Well this year hasn't been too good for my Tribe. Last year was their chance, and they blew it, of course because they are Cleveland. Football and Basketball season can't come soon enough here in Northeast Ohio...

Well this year hasn't been too good for my Tribe. Last year was their chance, and they blew it, of course because they are Cleveland. Football and Basketball season can't come soon enough here in Northeast Ohio...

Any idea what's happened to them this season? They didnt have too much turnover of players, did they?

No clue, the only big loss I can think of was Lofton. I really think that they are still upset about last year, it just seems to have taken the fight out of them for this year. It seems to happen a lot in sports, when a team loses a series in the playoffs and they are so close to winning it, they just don't have any more fight left in them for a few years and they play differently.

No clue, the only big loss I can think of was Lofton. I really think that they are still upset about last year, it just seems to have taken the fight out of them for this year. It seems to happen a lot in sports, when a team loses a series in the playoffs and they are so close to winning it, they just don't have any more fight left in them for a few years and they play differently.

Sounds like they might need to bring in a fresh face at the trade deadline to shake things up. If CC Sabbathia gets dealt (which it sounds like he will), that will be another blow. Unless trading him brings in some new young talent and attitudes. Just my thoughts.

Oh, and as much as the Red Sox could use CC right now, stay away from our youngin's, we're not budging!

Edit: Nice walk off homer today by Yooooouuuuk! Beckett better go 8 tomorrow because the bullpen has to be fried after this weekend.

I doubt the Sox want big C.C. He hasn't been that hot this year. Still, why can't Cleveland keep any good players? Coco Crisp, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, all left. And I see Lebron leaving the Cavs when his contract is up. I won't even bother listing all the good players the Browns have had since 99 that have left because the team was going no where.

Hopefully soon they can get back to doing there Red Sox imperession and start winning some ball games again soon. They are really starting to fall apart latley.

Hopefully soon they can get back to doing there Red Sox imperession and start winning some ball games again soon. They are really starting to fall apart latley.

That would be nice but when your recently promoted from the AHL outfielder is your 1st baseman, your left fielder is now your DH, your CF is now your left fielder, your power hitter was your biggest slumper last season, your Japanese pitching sensations are both pitching poorly and your SS is perhaps the WORST defensive SS in the league....the fact that they're still hanging onto to 1st place is pretty amazing.

The glass is still half full. ;)

That would be nice but when your recently promoted from the AHL outfielder is your 1st baseman, your left fielder is now your DH, your CF is now your left fielder, your power hitter was your biggest slumper last season, your Japanese pitching sensations are both pitching poorly and your SS is perhaps the WORST defensive SS in the league....the fact that they're still hanging onto to 1st place is pretty amazing.

The glass is still half full. ;)

Yeah I guess you have a point there. Just really disguested with the way they are playing of late.

Yeah I guess you have a point there. Just really disguested with the way they are playing of late.

Have faith, they ran into a very good pitcher tonight. Final outcome aside, ESPN couldnt have scripted a better game to televise. Unbelievable pitching duel folowed by some late inning drama and a few really amazing (and not so amazing) plays.

I blame Lugo for throwing the practice ball that hit Youk in the eye. :angry:

Just saw this on Dirt Dogs and thought it was pretty funny:

"A warmup throw in betwee innings from Mike Lowell took an odd bounce and hit Youkilis just below his right eye. What's really incredible is that Julio Lugo was in no way involved in the mishap. "

Good news is that Beckett is officially back to form. I just want to get Youk 100% healthy and hopefully Tek can start making some good contact sometime soon. Manny needs to break out of it soon as well.

Just saw this on Dirt Dogs and thought it was pretty funny:

"A warmup throw in betwee innings from Mike Lowell took an odd bounce and hit Youkilis just below his right eye. What's really incredible is that Julio Lugo was in no way involved in the mishap. "

Good news is that Beckett is officially back to form. I just want to get Youk 100% healthy and hopefully Tek can start making some good contact sometime soon. Manny needs to break out of it soon as well.

I still blame Lugo :P

just wanted to make sure of what i saw. why is this the only thread at 92 pages??

LOL, we'll break the 100 mark by the Allstar game...or earlier. ;)

I say the Sox should continue the sensation. :)

I haven't really even checked on the Yanks of late... hmm.. Free Agency in hockey and perhaps, making this one of the best Canes teams around.... or checking on my middle of the order Yanks who seem to be losing players left and right, and are hanging in there?

I'll go with Free Agency for 500, Alex. :)

BTW, Because baseball is a long game schedule = we have a long thread schedule. :lol: