The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

BTW, Because baseball is a long game schedule = we have a long thread schedule. :lol:

In reality, this thread should be up to about 200-250 pages. Marcus split the thread last summer and we had start all over again :angry: .

And I wont even include our thread from the temp board, and the one before that. ;)

Oh yeah, I remember that....

4 boards worth, probably close to 500 pages, 7 teams represented including the ultimate rivals and not one problem.

It can be done!

Let's get it done tonight Masterson. This losing at home to NL teams must stop.
:angry: This is getting very frustrating with the way the Sox are playing right now :angry:

4 boards worth, probably close to 500 pages, 7 teams represented including the ultimate rivals and not one problem.

It can be done!

No problems because everyone here gets along with each other. Everyone is great on this board.

:angry: This is getting very frustrating with the way the Sox are playing right now :angry:

Youve convinced me tonight. :angry:

It can be done!

:lol:

Man... Pitts just KILLING the Yanks. Nice to see Christian get a call up and 2 HITS!! Woohoo!

See what I mean.

THANK YOU MIKE LOWELL!

AND TEK!!!!

C'mon Pap, seal the deal.....

Unbelievable... I'm ready to call it a year and let's shed the payroll, and lets get the first overall pick.

LOL, he had a good night. Unfortunately for the Yankees, so did the Rays and the Red Sox.

As long as it's the Rays and not the Os or Jays, I'm ok with that. Middle of the field is fine for now, better than last place like last year... slow and steady wins the race.

Unbelievable... I'm ready to call it a year and let's shed the payroll, and lets get the first overall pick.

Hey the Mets had that idea first lol

Watching the recap of the Rays game, does anyone actually go to Marlin games? That stadium was empty. :(

Not really... it holds how many people? 100000 or something because its a football stadium.... won 2 Series and still not alot of fan support. I pray that never happens to the Canes.

Not really... it holds how many people? 100000 or something because its a football stadium.... won 2 Series and still not alot of fan support. I pray that never happens to the Canes.

Not alot of support is an understatement, that place was empty.

Also doesn't help that it can take 10 hours to drive through Florida from Key West to the border of Georgia... and you also have Miami Heat, college sports, Dolphins, and of course the ever so popular Panthers, ;) Too many sports to stick to.

Also doesn't help that it can take 10 hours to drive through Florida from Key West to the border of Georgia... and you also have Miami Heat, college sports, Dolphins, and of course the ever so popular Panthers, ;) Too many sports to stick to.

I kinda thought it was more because if too many transplants with home team loyalties.

Transplants??? I knew they had a few factories in Fort Lauderdale but wow... never knew they had lots of transplants...

Transplants??? I knew they had a few factories in Fort Lauderdale but wow... never knew they had lots of transplants...

What are they called down there...snowbirds? Relocated yankees (northerners, not the team)?

The Red Sox have come up with in park entertainment for rain delays:

Jonathan Papelbon and Manny DelCarmen doing their best Milli Vanilli impersonation, complete with lipsinking :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGGGA4lYs74&feature=related' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGGGA4lYs74...feature=related[/post]

:lol: I actually saw this in person...I just couldn't figure out who was dancing with Papelbon!!! It was hillarious!

Marlins and Rays both seem to have the problem with excessive vacant seats. I have two friends in Florida one in Homestead the Other in Pompano Beach. They love baseball, but I asked them about going to a Marlins game in august but they said that It would be a Waste of Money. They said that due to the low attendance the prices of Food and other accommodations is like twice the price of those at a braves game. Mostly everyone in Florida likes to go to Spring Training Games because Its before the good weather shows up and water warms up.