The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

heck yeah! but then again, both teams have the possibility of posting twice that many in one inning. im not sayin anything yet either, sox are dangerous when i think they are going to lose.

Yeah, Pedrioa is great I think. Small size, but enough speed, strength, and defensive skills to make you want to have him on your team...

Wanna switch 2nd basemen TSA??

I think when Lowell failed on that Steal attempt to get to second the Sox knew that it was over. but the last inning could have been a lot different. It was good to see some Rays fans there too and not just Boston fans. They all had the Brooms Ready too.

Yeah, Pedrioa is great I think. Small size, but enough speed, strength, and defensive skills to make you want to have him on your team...

Wanna switch 2nd basemen TSA??

Can I get in on this? Pedrioa for Cano ummmmm heck no :P

I think when Lowell failed on that Steal attempt to get to second the Sox knew that it was over. but the last inning could have been a lot different. It was good to see some Rays fans there too and not just Boston fans. They all had the Brooms Ready too.

Unfortunately, that game was officially over when Upton made that awesome catch that robbed Youk of driving in the go ahead run. :angry:

Rays really do look good right now.

And NO!!!!! Pedroia is going nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If an image could describe the Red Sox bullpen right now....

images-1.jpg

Guess where Im going tomorrow morning C23? :D

I'm hoping that Oki's confidence is boosted after last night because we really need him to work multiple innings with the struggles of Delcarmen. Hansen always seems to do better when he comes in to a new inning.

Yeah, when Upton made the catch on Youk I let loose a string of 'inappropriateness' which wouldn't be good to say on here. That was the game right there. The Sox are getting killed right now thanks to the big time struggles of Tek, Manny and Jacoby. None of these guys could get a hit to save their lives right now. Pedroia, Lowell, Drew and Youk are carrying the team the best they can, but it seems whenever they get on, one of the guys who are struggling comes up.

Oh well, LET'S GO LESTER!!

I'm hoping that Oki's confidence is boosted after last night because we really need him to work multiple innings with the struggles of Delcarmen. Hansen always seems to do better when he comes in to a new inning.

Yeah, when Upton made the catch on Youk I let loose a string of 'inappropriateness' which wouldn't be good to say on here. That was the game right there. The Sox are getting killed right now thanks to the big time struggles of Tek, Manny and Jacoby. None of these guys could get a hit to save their lives right now. Pedroia, Lowell, Drew and Youk are carrying the team the best they can, but it seems whenever they get on, one of the guys who are struggling comes up.

Oh well, LET'S GO LESTER!!

Well hopefully they are really mad about getting sweept by the Rays and they take it out on the Yankees starting tonight. I agree we really need Manny and Tek to really wake up and start playing ball like they can.

Tek probably would've hit into a double play anyway, so same result either way. Tek is such a black hole right now.

Lester was great, again, tonight. Dice has been solid this year, Beckett has been better of late, but Jon Lester has been absolutely outstanding this year. I simply couldn't be happier for him. If Dice K can stop walking so many people and go a little deeper in games then we could have the best 1-3 starters in the league.

Ellsbury hit some this game, Manny got a couple of knocks, and Tek came through in his last AB. Maybe this is the start of pulling out of their slumps.

Go ahead... I know you all are waiting to do it... <_<

Only thing I want to say is.......PHEW :unsure:

I'll be at the game in NY tomorrow July 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first ever (and last) visit to Yankee Stadium. :)

Go Red Sox!!!!

That's awesome. Hopefully Beckett puts on a show for you TSA!!

Also I was looking around on Boston Herald's site and saw someone who came up with a nickname for Dice K......the nibbler. I couldn't stop laughing when I read that. ;)

Poor TSA... His first game at the Stadium and it's raining and it looks pretty hard... flippin Yanks, bases loaded and 1 out, and they couldn't do a thing...

Whats the matter buddy :P

The infield is soggy, lol :) What did you think was a matter? A loss, a messed up 2 run "niubbler" just hanging around a wall... 2 straight losses.... something along those lines?? :P

Yo! Long time since i've been here. I love Ortiz when he said "the 2 best teams are playing eachother right now" Yeah, Sox 3 GB and the Yanks 9 GB. Bite me Papi! I hope that the Rays win the division and the Tigers get the wild card to knock both the sox and yanks out. :lol:

Yo! Long time since i've been here. I love Ortiz when he said "the 2 best teams are playing eachother right now" Yeah, Sox 3 GB and the Yanks 9 GB. Bite me Papi! I hope that the Rays win the division and the Tigers get the wild card to knock both the sox and yanks out. :lol:

Now now, that's not very nice. We know we want the Yanks and Rays to make it, lol

Either way, I'll be rooting for the Rays and Yanks.

Now now, that's not very nice. We know we want the Yanks and Rays to make it, lol

Either way, I'll be rooting for the Rays and Yanks.

Guys got lucky today :lol:

Just got home from my first trip to Yankee Stadium and I must say it was nothing like I expected. Overall the fans were all great and no one was rude to us. I couldnt believe how many Red Sox fans were there. I expected to see quite a few but there were plenty. We had awesome seats on the third base side of home plate (company tickets) and had a pass to the club downstairs which came in very handy when the rain came. What had to be the craziest thing Ive ever seen was when Youk hit the triple where the ball ended up sitting on top of the wall and Damon hurt his shoulder.

Manny getting booed was comical but the funniest thing was every time Arod came up to bat, the Yankee fans around us chanted "Madonna" or "Material guy". I had no idea why till I asked someone and of course it was all over every NY paper when I looked. WHen it started to rain in the 7th inning, most of the Yankee fans bolted but many of the Red Sox fans hung out so after the rain delay, Yankee Stadium turned into Fenway south. There were more "Yoooouuuk" chants "lets go Red Sox" than I ever would have thought for being in enemy territory, lol. It was a good win for the Sox and a good experience for us.

The new stadium looks awesome and will be a nice upgrade for the fans. The City is doing a great job promoting the Allstar game and has 8-10 foot "statue of liberties" that are painted representing each team all around the city. We saw quite a few as we roamed around the city but when we asked where the Red Sox one was, we were told it was inside the lobby of a building so it wouldnt get vandalized, lol. I hope after the Allstar game they take all the statues and permanently display them in the new stadium somewhere.

Overall, it was a great trip and Im glad I got to get to Yankee Stadium. We got to see the Macy's firework display on the East River despite the rain and played tourist in Manhattan. We wished we could have stayed for today's game too but now Im glad we didnt. 9th inning, bases loaded and no outs...and they couldnt score. :mad:.

Just got home from my first trip to Yankee Stadium and I must say it was nothing like I expected. Overall the fans were all great and no one was rude to us. I couldnt believe how many Red Sox fans were there. I expected to see quite a few but there were plenty. We had awesome seats on the third base side of home plate (company tickets) and had a pass to the club downstairs which came in very handy when the rain came. What had to be the craziest thing Ive ever seen was when Youk hit the triple where the ball ended up sitting on top of the wall and Damon hurt his shoulder.

Manny getting booed was comical but the funniest thing was every time Arod came up to bat, the Yankee fans around us chanted "Madonna" or "Material guy". I had no idea why till I asked someone and of course it was all over every NY paper when I looked. WHen it started to rain in the 7th inning, most of the Yankee fans bolted but many of the Red Sox fans hung out so after the rain delay, Yankee Stadium turned into Fenway south. There were more "Yoooouuuk" chants "lets go Red Sox" than I ever would have thought for being in enemy territory, lol. It was a good win for the Sox and a good experience for us.

The new stadium looks awesome and will be a nice upgrade for the fans. The City is doing a great job promoting the Allstar game and has 8-10 foot "statue of liberties" that are painted representing each team all around the city. We saw quite a few as we roamed around the city but when we asked where the Red Sox one was, we were told it was inside the lobby of a building so it wouldnt get vandalized, lol. I hope after the Allstar game they take all the statues and permanently display them in the new stadium somewhere.

Overall, it was a great trip and Im glad I got to get to Yankee Stadium. We got to see the Macy's firework display on the East River despite the rain and played tourist in Manhattan. We wished we could have stayed for today's game too but now Im glad we didnt. 9th inning, bases loaded and no outs...and they couldnt score. :mad:.

Glad you enjoyed the stadium ;) Overall, one of the best stadiums simply because of the atmosphere. And yeah, PLENTY of Sox fans come down to watch the Rivalry. I really wish my wife and I would have gone this summer to NY, but I went plenty of times as a child, and we hope to goto the new one next year. Glad we could get the win today. My wife was so annoyed by me. Everytime Mo struck out someone, I was like YEAH! and clap really loud. lol

Let's see tomorrow. Chamberlain vs Wakefield. Joba Rules! lol

Allstar Lineups in! Red Sox and Cubs are the big winners by the fans :)

Good for Josh Hamilton, he deserves it.

American League

C Joe Mauer Twins

1B Kevin Youkilis Red Sox

2B Dustin Pedroia Red Sox

SS Derek Jeter Yankees

3B Alex Rodriguez Yankees

OF Josh Hamilton Rangers

OF Manny Ramirez Red Sox

OF Ichiro Suzuki Mariners

DH David Ortiz* Red Sox

*injured, will be replaced by the Rangers' Milton Bradley.

National League

C Geovany Soto Cubs

1B Lance Berkman Astros

2B Chase Utley Phillies

SS Hanley Ramirez Marlins

3B Chipper Jones Braves

OF Ryan Braun Brewers

OF Alfonso Soriano Cubs

OF Kosuke Fukudome Cubs

DH NA*

*to be selected by NL manager Clint Hurdle.