The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB Thread: Offseason

Glad you liked it TSA. I'm still mad about not being able to push a run across yesterday, but heck, when you have Coco/Tek/Lugo coming up you really shouldn't expect much. I'm really happy for Hamilton and happy that Drew got voted in by the players, but why in the hell did the players vote Tek in? I know he does a lot for the team, but he is a literal guaranteed out right now.

Manny Ramirez shouldnt be in over Grady Sizemore and Ian Kinsler should be starting over Dustin Pedroia

runs away from all the sox fans

Run fast Quince! Pedroia should be in, maybe Manny not so much.

To be honest also I really do not know if Tex should be there either. He is not having the best of years either. As a Red Sox fan and a hugh fan of Varitek I am happy is was selected but he is not having his best season.

Trade Lugo now.

In better news....

CC Sabbathia to the Brewers. Good, the Rays dont need anymore help right now. <_<

Are you having fun Asylum44? ;)

I'm unbelievably sick of Manny. I really hope we don't pick up his option next year. The guy has been a total no-show since Ortiz went out. I'm sorry but when you come in to PH and don't even take the bat off your shoulder.....ugh. He does stuff like this all the time, it is like he just gives away ABs during the course of the game. Also I don't see why Francona keeps putting Lopez in critical points in the game. He has always been solid, but never a guy who gets the job done a lot. He gives up a good amount of hits for the few batters he pitches to during a game.

PS: Has anyone noticed how bad Papelbon is when he comes in in a non-save situation.

I'm unbelievably sick of Manny. I really hope we don't pick up his option next year. The guy has been a total no-show since Ortiz went out. I'm sorry but when you come in to PH and don't even take the bat off your shoulder.....ugh. He does stuff like this all the time, it is like he just gives away ABs during the course of the game. Also I don't see why Francona keeps putting Lopez in critical points in the game. He has always been solid, but never a guy who gets the job done a lot. He gives up a good amount of hits for the few batters he pitches to during a game.

PS: Has anyone noticed how bad Papelbon is when he comes in in a non-save situation.

Agree, no idea and yes.

Why did Francona take out Wake? Stupid move if you ask me.

CC Sabbathia to the Brewers

Ugh... What happened to my Indians?

Guess we're off to rebuilding.

Again... :blink:

Oh, and Sox fans, we Tribe fans know all too well about dealing with Manny from our years with him. My only regret is that the Indians didn't trade him instead of waiting to try to re-sign him. Could have made a killing that way. He's possibly the best player in the game when he wants to be, but that's about the only good thing I can say about him.

To be honest also I really do not know if Tex should be there either. He is not having the best of years either. As a Red Sox fan and a hugh fan of Varitek I am happy is was selected but he is not having his best season.

It is a joke Varitek is there. He is one of the worst hitters I have ever seen this year.

Especially left handed.

On Saturday that was awful. First Crisp strikes out like a little kid with that pathetic swing.

Varitek cant hit, especially left handed and then Lugo, who just sucks.

Lowell should be there over the Over rated Varitek.

and reading the herald he want a 5 year deal :lol: keep dreaming Jason, maybe a 5 year deal to be

a minor league manager for the Sox, which I think he will be a good one someday. but he cant hit anymore

or should only hit right handed, where he is slightly better.

and btw I am impressed with the Rays

they are not going going away.

Good for them. They deserve to be good.

they have been down for a long time and their

fans deserve a taste of the big time.

**and shhh the light hitting Dodgers are still alive in the pathetic NL West** :)

Agree, no idea and yes.

Why did Francona take out Wake? Stupid move if you ask me.

The stupid move was putting in Lopez and not

trying one of the other set up men, which btw

they need in the worst way.

those guys are like gasoline and matches, especially Hansen

who is an enigma to me :(

I think that Boston and New York have half the All Star Roster filled up with their players. I think A-Rod should have never been mentioned for the All-Star ballot. For what he is getting paid he should have already had 50 HR, 123 RBI, 62 SB and 10 GS. I think that when you pay one player more than some teams entire salary you should be excluded from the all star game. <_<

The A-rod/C-rod/Madonna saga continues:

Alex Rodriguez has refused to comment on his relationship with Madonna, who denied any romantic involvement with the slugger in a statement posted Sunday on people.com.

"My husband and I are not planning on getting a divorce," Madonna said. "I know Alex Rodriguez through Guy Oseary, who manages both of us. I brought my kids to a Yankee game. I am not romantically involved in any way with Alex Rodriguez. I have nothing to do with the state of his marriage or what spiritual path he may choose to study."

I love Longoria, but Arod deserves it more right now. Although, Longoria should take Teks place

How about that Brett Gardner kid??? Man, that musta been something for him. Drive in the winning run off of Papelbon, a young phenom himself?? I ony hope the Yanks make the playoffs. I really think the Rays will win the division unless there are serious injuries or trades. I could see them trading a real young prospect for some relief help or for more help in the starting rotation. They certainly don't need it, but hey..

Just heard that Arods wife is filing for divorce! :o

How could he try shagging up with Madonna?? I'm sorry, shes in terrific shape for her age, but she is NOT pretty, beautiful, yada yada.

Just heard that Arods wife is filing for divorce! :o

How could he try shagging up with Madonna?? I'm sorry, shes in terrific shape for her age, but she is NOT pretty, beautiful, yada yada.

Not only that but who knows where that women has been. Madonna just did this to get back in the public spotlight.

Manny and Tek really don't deserve to go, but Tek was voted in by the players though. Actually I was hoping neither would make it so they can get a break for a while. I wonder if Manny's lack of hitting/hustle/etc. is linked to Papi being out. I've always loved Manny, but I'm really tired of him this season. Right when Ortiz went out Tek/Manny/Ellsbury all went in big slumps, and couple that with Lugo, who is already a guaranteed out, and the lineup has really been hurting. Now with Drew finally cooling off we're really having trouble putting up runs consistently. It would be nice if Dice K went more than 5 tonight.

And yeah, I wouldn't touch Madonna with a 10 foot pole. She looks gross.

and he should bring Varitek with him.

Varitek should be a backup defesive type player in his career now.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=701761''>http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=701761' target="_blank">http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=701761[/post]

I think he has done fine so far as a starter. I think they should just let him be a starter for now.

I read somewhere that they bringing Bucholtz up to see what he could do. They're deciding whether or not to make him a set up guy since the Red Sox are desperate for one. I think Masterson will be brought back up after they decide, he's been one of our best pitchers. Also Papi's injury figures into all this too. If they think that he wont be able to hit and Bucholtz (or someone we already have) can pitch relief, then they may go after a hitter by the trade deadline. If Papi is good to go, they'll go after a reliever.

I guess its good that they have all these options.

Well if they do get another reliever I hope he works out a heck of alot better than Eric Gagne did last season. Boy what a nightmare that was.