The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Charlotte_Caniac

Trading in Unused Tickets and Vouchers

OK, I'm not trying to bite the hand that feeds me, but every time I've either traded in my unused tickets or used STH vouchers, I get seats on the last row of the upper deck, even on Sundays when the arena is half-empty. Has anybody else noticed the same thing? Ok, from a business standpoint I guess the Canes would rather put my "free" butt on the last row and try to sell everything lower, but come on. Sure would be nice to be able to sit in my regular row G upper level STH seats, especially when the place is empty and they are vacant. And yes, I've been able to move down lower to empty seats. Ok, small rant over.

have had that happen to on ticket trade ins but have been real luck on the STH vouchers. what use to get me ill last season is the two seats next to me are 26 gamers and on non-26 game events i have tried to get those tickets just to be told "they are not available", then go to the game and no one is sitting there.

We just got two tickets today for row XX. Not last row but darned close. I assume this not only leaves better seats available but makes the place look more full with people filling up the first and last rows.

have had that happen to on ticket trade ins but have been real luck on the STH vouchers. what use to get me ill last season is the two seats next to me are 26 gamers and on non-26 game events i have tried to get those tickets just to be told "they are not available", then go to the game and no one is sitting there.

Usually by "not available" they mean "we're hoping to get some more STH and are reserving those seats in case". They then release the tickets to be sold on the day of the game. This was a huge pet peeve of mine when we were STH and we would push back with some success.

what use to get me ill last season is the two seats next to me are 26 gamers and on non-26 game events i have tried to get those tickets just to be told "they are not available", then go to the game and no one is sitting there.

Maybe it was luck or just who I spoke with, but the seats next to mine are also occupied by 26 game STH'ers. When I went to the box office several weeks ago to trade my vouchers for non 26 game events, I had no problems using the vouchers and getting the seat next to mine for 4 games.

I have had issues like that in past seasons but this season I used my vouchers and did some trade-ins well before the games took place and I received seats right next to my upper level seats or seats one row back. My suggestion...do trade-ins well before the game you want to attend.

Interesting replies and some insight into how it all works. I suppose going in person to redeem tickets/vouchers helps things. I did my voucher redeeming well before the games and still got the last row for Sunday games. The place is empty!