The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jbrickell

New Years at RBC Center

I am way too old to be a "party animal." On New Year's Eve I just go home after the game, gumb my Melba toast, and go to bed. It wouldn't bother me if the Canes didn't have a home game that night.

I've heard it's a lot of fun. Of course, I can't remember the last time we actually won on New Years, so I can't imagine it being a totally upbeat environment. Gotta drown out those sorrows. :lol:

I'm going this year...it's against Atlanta...surely we can beat them.

I thought the same thing last year...it was the Islanders...then Grahame started and put an end to those hopes. I'd like to see them add a separate event for families to stay and watch the giant puck and fireworks.

I went for the first time last year, and it was an absolute blast. I'm really bummed out that I likely won't be able to go again this year, which tells you just how much fun I had. It would have been better if the game had turned out positively, but the party certainly made up for that.

And make sure you head upstairs the second the game ends, or you won't get one of the awesome seats with the TVs. It's great to sit there so you can be as close as possible to seeing the puck drop, and you can watch TV before/after the countdown. That'll come in handy if you're a Heels fan, as we play at Nevada at 10PM that night.

I went 2 years ago and it sucked.. we played atlanta i think and we won 3-2, but it was a fast game with not a lot of stoppages of play and even with the late 8pm start, the game was over by 10:30 and so there was nothing to do but wait around for an hour and a half, and then the puck drops, they dont even show a shot from time square or anything and then you fight the drunk crowd for your free half glass of champange and out the door you go.

I went 2 years ago and it sucked.. we played atlanta i think and we won 3-2, but it was a fast game with not a lot of stoppages of play and even with the late 8pm start, the game was over by 10:30 and so there was nothing to do but wait around for an hour and a half, and then the puck drops, they dont even show a shot from time square or anything and then you fight the drunk crowd for your free half glass of champange and out the door you go.

Actually I believe they are continuing the party until 1 this year. Trying to make the party a little better with fireworks and such.