The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Anyone have High school kids in Cary/Apex?

This kind of news used to shock me. The sad truth is it doesn't anymore. Everyday we send our kid's to school we have to worry about their safety. I have a middle school and a high school age child. We're in Wilson County, but that doesn't matter, it can happen anywhere at anytime.

Yeah I go to Apex, and one of the classes (I believe it was something like "Law and Justice") actually had a field trip to the local jail canceled because two of our schools students were there because of the murder. The Panther Creek guy who is a "sophomore" was actually held back a few times, he was in my middle school. Our school seems to be getting worse and worse, the other day there was a fire in a bathroom caused by a student. :o

I don't live in Apex, but the people I hang out with every day go to Panther Creek.

One of the guys I hang out with worked with one of the guys involved in this, Ryan Hare, and he'd told me before how strange he was.. and then he told me about this deal yesterday.

I told my friend he needs to find a new group of friends, haha.

This is really no laughing matter though. It's kind of sad, and disgusting =/ Glad none of my friends are involved, or I'd be the one needing to find new people to hang out with.

I'm a Senior at PCHS and I'm going to be honest the Ryan Hare kid should've been arrested a while ago. He made comments about blowing up buses, the school, making bombs, how much he loved Hitler, etc. Everyone knew he was crazy, people talked to the administration (don't get me started on the administration, I like most of the people at the school, but I hate PCHS based on how much I loved Cary my Freshman year) and it finally took the Apex police to bring up weapons charges against him for him to finally be expelled. If he's convicted then lock him for good. Everyone knew he was ******* crazy, and it is an absolute shame it took this long for someone to do something about it.

I never knew anything about the Drew guy, but for anyone to hang out with Hare they have to be a little crazy too. I think it is ridiculous how much some people have tried to tie Facebook into this, these crazy weirdos knew each other outside of school. People have killed people for a long time and Facebook hasn't always been around.

That's brutal stuff indeed. I don't doubt that shock and grief have hit both schools' campuses and communities big time. Please accept my belated thoughts and prayers for the victim's family and friends, as well as for anyone directly affected by this tragedy.

... the other day there was a fire in a bathroom caused by a student. :o

During my senior year 30 years ago at Lowell High School in Whittier, Calif. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowell_High_School_(Whittier,_California)' target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowell_High_S...er,_California[/post]), a small fire was set in one of the girls' restrooms by a couple of students -- "fieldsters/stoners," the drug-addled party-hearty folks rarely seen without a cigarette -- in search of a thrill. About a month after that incident, one of the fieldsters dropped a cigarette butt onto the dried grass of their meeting place, accidentally causing a tiny blaze that burned some turf and a tree. Brilliant. <_<

Jan/GSBG