The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GreatsavebyGerber

Since many of you have asked about our wine shop ...

Oh noes! I am so sorry to hear that, Jan. I was really hoping that things would work out for you folks about the shop.

Keeping you and David in our thoughts as you work your way through this.

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

Debbie

None of the things going on with the economy have hit me personally until now. My brother came down from Ohio where he works for and automotive parts production company. The have been shorting him by almost an entire day each week and now have extended their holiday shutdown by 2 weeks.

He has turned his truck which he can no longer afford back in...but will still be responsible for what ever is remaining on his loan after it goes to auction. Just about the only "extra" he has now is his cell phone and he is contemplating paying the $200.00 fee so he can turn his internet back on at his house.

On top of all this he is severly overweight "morbidly obese" and is trying to live off $20 a week for groceries. I worry so much about him...it's all I can think about!

I sincerely hope you make it through!

To Whale, Cardiac, and dog: Thank you, with my entire heart, for your caring replies. They mean a lot to me.

I swallowed hard when I posted our tale of woe this last year. In fact, I feared I'd be scorned -- y'know, the notion of people turning their backs on friends in need, almost as if they have cooties. It's happened often to me over the years, and there's no denying the cold-shoulder treatment hurts. I tend to be a pretty trusting individual, and I too have been burned for that trust many times.

Here's hoping that '09 will be smoother for us -- and that it'll be a fine year for the good folks on this boards. Again, most sincerely, for your thoughtfulness.

Jan/GSBG