The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
colliefan

sudden downpour of shoes?

I don't know how you do that! I'd go crazy!

This is how it goes down at my house:

Father: "Catherine, you need to buy new tires for your car, that's around 500$"

Me: "What! That's 3 pairs of stiletto's and one pair of boots!"

I saw that commercial though, and I saw it with my mother and we started talking about how much better it would be if the shoes fell in pairs, that way you just look for your size and can shove them as quickly in your car as you can:)

I don't know how many pairs of shoes I have, but it's a very large number:P

I dont like that commercial much either, to me it seems like even a girl wouldnt really like that commercial.

However on the note of commercials whenver I am watching a Canes game on FSN Carolina (or whatever its called) my dad usually switches channels during the commercials and whenever we switch back that one commercial for a really expensive ring is ALWAYS on, lol. That one is starting to bother me too but I guess I see it a lot more.

Ive always questioned the commericial myself, its unlikely the shoes would come down in pairs. So you got a bunch of shoes you cant wear unless you want to try to mix n match.

yeah...a really dumb commercial.

I guess this commerical is supposed to connect with women 'cause i don't get it; I just keep three pairs of shoes. One pair is worn-out work out shoes for dog park use, One is work-out shoes for daily use. And the other dress shoes.

Even better would be jeans falling out of the sky... because then the poor girl could grab 100 pairs of her size number and probably be able to wear 5 of them, because the idiots who market women's jeans don't know how to use a freaking measuring tape.

Yes, this is supposed to reach the women out there because for some reason, women and shoes go together. Thanks, Sex and the City, for adding to the myth. I am really over this commercial and I'm female. I have 2 pairs of shoes, one for work and one for casual.

They were individual shoes and not in pairs. The woman was not even checking the sizes on them. They would damage the car too and then you would have to use your insurance and pay the deductible. Your insurance will probably go up after making the claim too.

Ask the President about raining shoes...

Have to admit, he did duck pretty quickly. I thought he was going to get hit for sure with one of them, but it was hilarious as well. Secret Service weren't quick enough for the Shoester.

Have to admit, he did duck pretty quickly. I thought he was going to get hit for sure with one of them, but it was hilarious as well. Secret Service weren't quick enough for the Shoester.

Well they are suppose to take a bullet for the president but I think there was some confusion as to if they had to take a shoe.

Not the smartest place to show this commercial! ( during a hockey game???) Plus the fact that if there is a woman in the room, during commercials she should be getting us a beer!!! :o;):lol:

Not the smartest place to show this commercial! ( during a hockey game???) Plus the fact that if there is a woman in the room, during commercials she should be getting us a beer!!! :o;):lol:
DJ, you sexist pig! (I'm only saying that in case Mrs. Storm is reading the boards...! ;) )

DJ, you sexist pig! (I'm only saying that in case Mrs. Storm is reading the boards...! ;) )

I hear ya Red,, ;) ,i can only say it cuz mine doesn't read them ;):blink: I hope!

As Hurricanes fans we've been plagued with not only mediocre hockey, but also awful commercials over the past few years. Last season's MVP was "I have genital herpes..."

This year it's a toss-up between "a sudden downpour of shoes" and the one with the whiny guy singing falsetto. I don't even know what they're selling. I DVR most games and don't start watching until an hour in so I can fast forward past these commercials.

We ought to start an annual "Beep Beep" Trophy, which would be awarded to the season's most annoying commercial.

It is amined at women which I have no problem with. I don't complain about ads in FS-C since they are paying the canes and it is nice to see a national ad for a Canes game. Need more to make sure the org stays healthy.

It is amined at women which I have no problem with. I don't complain about ads in FS-C since they are paying the canes and it is nice to see a national ad for a Canes game. Need more to make sure the org stays healthy.

I agree and feel the same way about promos at the RBC Center. If there is something I need and a sponsor provides a competitive product, I will support the sponsors to also support the team. Otherwise, I just appreciate the sponsor support for the Canes...even if the ad is less than entertaining to me.

The first thing I said was "FORGET THE DANG SHOES, I'D BE WORRIED ABOUT MY CAR". I'm not the typical woman though, I'm very funny about my car and how it looks. My husband has never washed my car because it wouldn't be good enough for me so I do it myself.

This tire ad apparently hasn't found its way yet to Southern California, since I've never seen it. However, the 14 million folks who call SoCal home are subjected to battlin' Irwin and Larry, the two stars of the loopy Sit 'n Sleep mattress ads on TV and radio: http://www.sitnsleep.com/about.asp?bodyID=Ads

I guess this commerical is supposed to connect with women 'cause i don't get it; I just keep three pairs of shoes. One pair is worn-out work out shoes for dog park use, One is work-out shoes for daily use. And the other dress shoes.

Well, even though I have several pair of shoes for many different occasions, I'm truly no fan of shoe shopping -- the process is a major bore to me. If, however, someone mentioned tire prices relative to the price tag of a bottle of world-class wine (http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1037352''>http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1037352' target="_blank">http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1037352[/post]) or a lower-bowl seat behind the net at Honda Center, I'd understand it instantly.

Jan/GSBG