The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneshockeyguy

What does your desktop look like? Part Deux

anybody know how to Print Screen on a mac?

It's called a screen shot.

You hit command shift and 4 and then you have cross hairs that you can drag over whatever region you want to take a shot of. You can also add spacebar on the end of that to take a pic of one window.

Nice song, caneshockeyguy.

It's called a screen shot.

You hit command shift and 4 and then you have cross hairs that you can drag over whatever region you want to take a shot of. You can also add spacebar on the end of that to take a pic of one window.

Nice song, caneshockeyguy.

yeah i did that, but now i can't even find the pic.. :\

I just changed my desktop background!

And those icons on the desktop just drive me insane, so my desktop is icon-less:)

desktop01-1.jpg

My boy Maxim Afinogenov when he played for Team Russia is who that is.

Emmy, our tortoiseshell cat, is featured in this photo that we've had for our desktop for more than two years. Add some generic icons -- Internet Explorer, AOL, HP Total Care Advisor, and a few others -- and this is it:

Emmy_24.jpg

Jan/GSBG

:mellow:

Look at those eyes..

those are insane..

It looks really cool.. :)

Look at those eyes..

those are insane..

It looks really cool.. :)

That, db, is merely an accident of the camera. Emmy's grass-green eyes turned up a weird neon-green hue, thanks to the camera's lighting. I'd done my best to get rid of the red-eye thing, but I can't do everything -- we're much too poor to afford to have Photoshop on our home computer. :(

Still, she's a beautiful cat, our loving and devoted fur-lady who sleeps with us each night. What more could you ask from your four-legged family member?

Jan/GSBG

That, db, is merely an accident of the camera. Emmy's grass-green eyes turned up a weird neon-green hue, thanks to the camera's lighting. I'd done my best to get rid of the red-eye thing, but I can't do everything -- we're much too poor to afford to have Photoshop on our home computer. :(

Still, she's a beautiful cat, our loving and devoted fur-lady who sleeps with us each night. What more could you ask from your four-legged family member?

Jan/GSBG

Not taking up so much room on the bed! ;)

if ya had a dog anyway... but cat's can still take up a decent amount of room at times.

if ya had a dog anyway...

Mr. GSBG and I can't, 23. Dogs, no matter how tiny, aren't allowed at our apartment.

... but cats can still take up a decent amount of room at times.

Li'l Emmy definitely doesn't: She weighs 8 3/4 pounds tops, and sleeps in a tiny ball at the foot of the bed.

Back to the topic: Here's another photo, one of us at SecondEmpire after dinner, that worked well as our desktop for quite a while. It helped that we cropped it considerably to make it fit effectively in a horizontal format -- there was no image distortion whatsoever.

Raleigh_40-1.jpg

Jan/GSBG

My current desktop is the Rod Brindamour Feburary schedule wallpaper from CH.com. It changes every couple of weeks, but this one might last till the end of the month.. then I'll have to change it anyway.

My photo changes every 15 minutes so it's a bit over the top to show all of those and I'm too lazy to host a screen shot. But one of the photos is NC State's missing "T", which makes me chuckle every time I see it.

n524680086_241601_3208.jpg

My photo changes every 15 minutes so it's a bit over the top to show all of those and I'm too lazy to host a screen shot. But one of the photos is NC State's missing "T", which makes me chuckle every time I see it.

n524680086_241601_3208.jpg

Thanks Georgia Tech for this one