The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rollinsox007

Movies in 2008

The Dark Knight should be awesome, Batman was resurrected with Batman Begins...

Personally I am excited about the 2009 Metal Gear Solid movie... its been killing me waiting on this movie.

George Romero's Diary Of The Dead....BOO YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

When does this one come out! I've seen all the others, and this one is a must! I was beginning to think I was the only one who likes horror flicks! Zombie films, just rock!!!!

When does this one come out! I've seen all the others, and this one is a must! I was beginning to think I was the only one who likes horror flicks! Zombie films, just rock!!!!

It shouldnt be to much longer, I think in the spring time. I know he has had private screening but no offical release date.

I too am a HUGE zombie movie fan!!!!

It shouldnt be to much longer, I think in the spring time. I know he has had private screening but no offical release date.

I too am a HUGE zombie movie fan!!!!

Awesome! I watched Flight of the Dead and the zombie nun rocked! I found my Halloween costume for next year!

Well, I hope Matt changes his mind becsue I was really hoping in 09 another Jason Bourne movie would appear. Guess not.

"Matt Damon told a room full of press at the Cannes Film Festival that he would not be returning for a fourth Jason Bourne film."

"We have ridden that horse as far as we can.

Awesome! I watched Flight of the Dead and the zombie nun rocked! I found my Halloween costume for next year!

I really liked the way the zombies eyes were in Flight Of The Dead. The next movie I am looking for is that Boy Eats Girl one.

I really liked the way the zombies eyes were in Flight Of The Dead. The next movie I am looking for is that Boy Eats Girl one.

yeah, they did rock!!!! I'll hve to look for that one too. sounds very interesting!

Well, I hope Matt changes his mind becsue I was really hoping in 09 another Jason Bourne movie would appear. Guess not.

"Matt Damon told a room full of press at the Cannes Film Festival that he would not be returning for a fourth Jason Bourne film."

If you love zombie films then surely you've seen 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. Best zombie movies ever. 28 Months Later comes out in 09.

If you love zombie films then surely you've seen 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. Best zombie movies ever. 28 Months Later comes out in 09.

Yup, seen them both. Even saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead. WAsn't too impressed with it. They kept to the mall, and that was about it. For comedy zombie films, Shaun of the Dead is the best!!!! I love that movie! Then again, I like any movie with Simon Pegg in it! :lol:

The Bourne books are a trilogy. The new 4th one isn't even written by the original author.

However the movies COULD continue. I would like to tell something about a series called "Pirates of the Carribean". I think everyone can agree that the 3rd movie stunk pretty bad, until the very end at least. However, Johnny Depp has already said he would like at least one more movie. But I remember after the first one he ALMOST didn't do a second! So same could happen with more Bourne movies. About it not being by the original author... true, but that doesn't mean a movie by the other guy wouldn't be good!!!

So the question now becomes, will the Jason Bourne series move on without Damon? The James Bond series did that and is working out just fine.

from http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/25/matt-damon-says-no-more-jason-bourne-movies-for-him/' target="_blank">http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/25/matt-d...movies-for-him/[/post]

However the movies COULD continue. I would like to tell something about a series called "Pirates of the Carribean". I think everyone can agree that the 3rd movie stunk pretty bad, until the very end at least. However, Johnny Depp has already said he would like at least one more movie. But I remember after the first one he ALMOST didn't do a second! So same could happen with more Bourne movies. About it not being by the original author... true, but that doesn't mean a movie by the other guy wouldn't be good!!!

from http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/25/matt-damon-says-no-more-jason-bourne-movies-for-him/' target="_blank">http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/25/matt-d...movies-for-him/[/post]

Interesting idea. I don't think it would be the same without Matt as Jason though. I don't think it would cut it for me.

I think the Bourne series is good, but even if Damon were to leave the series should end with him. Bourne is a much different character from Bond. Bourne's movies were so good because of the mystery that surrounded his character and now with the amnesia stuff cleared up I'm not sure there is much more they can do with the Bourne franchise. Bond has worked so well for so long because there are so many different takes on his character, there is the literary/Craig/Dalton more serious approach/Connery/Lazenby's serious, but witty and humorous approach/Brosnan's mix of comedy and action/Moore's comedy. Even though the worst Bond movies are the more humorous ones like Die Another Day, A View to a Kill and Diamonds are Forever, they still needed the different approach to Bond to be able to have it survive for over 40 years and I don't think Bourne could to that.

Also the Bourne novels are MUCH different than what you see on screen and the whole thing Pirates, those movies should've stopped after one. You have to know when your time is up. The original Pirates film was amazing, but 2 and 3 were really, really boring. A 4th one could work very well if they stop the crap from 2 and 3 and try and make it more in the spirit of the 1st.

I think the Bourne series is good, but even if Damon were to leave the series should end with him. Bourne is a much different character from Bond. Bourne's movies were so good because of the mystery that surrounded his character and now with the amnesia stuff cleared up I'm not sure there is much more they can do with the Bourne franchise. Bond has worked so well for so long because there are so many different takes on his character, there is the literary/Craig/Dalton more serious approach/Connery/Lazenby's serious, but witty and humorous approach/Brosnan's mix of comedy and action/Moore's comedy. Even though the worst Bond movies are the more humorous ones like Die Another Day, A View to a Kill and Diamonds are Forever, they still needed the different approach to Bond to be able to have it survive for over 40 years and I don't think Bourne could to that.

Also the Bourne novels are MUCH different than what you see on screen and the whole thing Pirates, those movies should've stopped after one. You have to know when your time is up. The original Pirates film was amazing, but 2 and 3 were really, really boring. A 4th one could work very well if they stop the crap from 2 and 3 and try and make it more in the spirit of the 1st.

Yeah, I've only read the Ultimatum book (and actually still haven't seen that movie), but right away I'm thinking "This book can't be anything like the movie," and I've wondered how much of the other movies follow the books. For one thing, I think that book takes place like what, 15 years after the first one? No way the movie is like that. Especially considering Bourne is supposed to be in his 50's. :lol:

A really great series of movies, but like you said, take away the amnesia storyline from the movies and it doesn't look like the story would be as good.

you left out th one movie i'm looking forward to... Twilight! it's a movie based on the best selling book by Stephenie Meyer. production starts at the end of Feb and might be out before the end of the year. Yes i am keeping a VERY good eye on it :)

I'm going to update the list with those you guys provided.

I also forgot to mention the movie "Defiance". It is a WW2 era movie with Daniel Craig. The trailer looks amazing:http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08A5abcdijEPV

It's not really a movie, but the Wizard's First Rule, book one of the Sword of Truth series, is going to be a miniseries this year. I don't know what network is carrying it yet, but ill post it when I find out. Its a very interesting novel, to bad it isn't being made into a film. Probally because the series is too long.

Mr. GSBG and I are that .001% of the American population that prefers limited-release foreign films, especially those from England and France. We loved "Amelie" when we first saw it in the theaters in late winter 2002, and really enjoyed "Bend It Like Beckham" during its summer '03 release. (2003 was truly a terrific year for underrated, under-the-radar English films, since that marked the two-week-long American release of the wonderful, witty, and thoughtful "Calendar Girls," starring Helen Mirren, the Oscar winner four years later for her performance as Best Actress in 2006's "The Queen.")

With that in mind, we'll be checking out the limited-release foreign and/or independent films when they're mentioned in our local newspaper: the Orange County (Calif.) Register. We're part of a tiny film-going minority, but a noteworthy one nonetheless. B)

(It probably goes without saying that we're both diehard fans of the vintage movies on Turner Classic Movies. Count on it that we'll both be in front of the tube whenever "Casablanca" is on. B) )

Jan/GSBG

Hey if you count James Bond as a 'foreign film' then I'm all for them!! The buzz about the new movie looks great, Ian Fleming title, classy/original/exciting settings, character development, good casting, look like strong action sequences, etc. I really want to see a trailer pretty bad right now.