The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NCAA Tournament Pick'em

The whole thing. I believe I saw that Yahoo now has an option to do round-by-round, but I don't think I set the rules to allow that in our group. I like the old-fashioned way better.

NC State to win it all!!!!!! Oh wait... that's right.. we arent gonna be in the tourney... my bad (unless we miraculously win the ACC tourney, which is about as likely as me finally turning water into wine.)....

Its looking like UNC will the be overall #1... not sure if thats good or bad.. doesnt seem to work out with hockey teams (winning Presidents (not =) winning Stanley Cup)

That will be kinda tough since if you go for the upset in the first round and guess wrong it could cost you points in the next 3 rounds.. of course thats what makes it fun. I dont pick too many upsets except 8/9 games and 7/10 occasionally. Also 4/5 matchups in the second round can be interesting.

Don't be so sure... if we decide to hold Ty out, we may lose tomorrow or sometime this weekend. Honestly, I'd rather do that and save him for the Big Dance. We won it all in 2005 after a not-so-stellar ACC Tournament run, so we don't have to threepeat.

Don't know much about NCAA, but I'll give it a shot just like last year. All I know is that Tar Heels are frickin' awesome. Hope my picks don't get royally destroyed by the team with that Curry guy or whatever for a second year in a row.

I'm in again. My bracket is "Not Repeating" and I have to say Ty Lawson's injury makes this year's bracket harder to pick than last year. If he's healthy good money's on UNC, if not then I have a hard time putting them in the Elite 8.

Well, Duke fan here, but have UNC winning it all. With a healthy lineup and consistent defensive play, they are the team to beat, IMO. Duke will be lucky to get to the Sweet 16.

Having extreme difficulty using yahoo format. Only way to get brackets to pull up is if I do automatic picking. Yuck. Lots of folks are posting that there is trouble on the site.

Well, Duke fan here, but have UNC winning it all. With a healthy lineup and consistent defensive play, they are the team to beat, IMO. Duke will be lucky to get to the Sweet 16.

It hurts me as a State fan to pick UNC to win it all, but looking at the matchups, I dont see who could stop them. They were the only team that averaged 90+ points a game, granted some of the low scoring teams could play really good defense.. but they just looked head and shoulders above the rest.

I've got UNC/Pitt in the final 4, which should be a great matchup, and UNC/Memphis for the Championship which will be another great game, but I have to pick UNC to win it.

I dont know what the deal is, but sometimes my bracket shows up and some times it doesnt. I like the (i) link to look at the matchups and I like the just clicking to advance the teams (instead of the old way with drop down menus), but they appear to be having some issues with it. I think I have my bracket set up, but I think I need to make one change (i picked Cal over Maryland, dont know why, I thought I picked Maryland).. Refreshing the page doesnt help.. clicking edit region doesnt help.. hope they get it fixed. It was working fine last night as I checked over a few picks.

Memphis is only leading by 3 at the half... I get the feeling if they lose a LOT of people are gonna have busted brackets... (myself included)... So far I'm not fairing well.. Butler and BYU are trailing.

i got my bracket in, but almost to no avail with the close memphis game!!!!!!

Yeah.. good thing they pulled that one out.. half our group on Yahoo has memphis in the final 4.. LOL... serious bracket buster if that one turns out differently.

If Clemson Nova and the Zags lose thats gonna hurt.... A few did pick michigan but we all picked nova and the zags

Nova and Zaga leading now.... Zaga by the slimmest of margins (1 point)

Dang it, I messed up and clicked Mississippi St. over Washington, I meant to have Washington winning like I have on the one I wrote out.....I would have been a perfect 12 for 12 at this point....

I'm kind of worried about LSU on Saturday if Ty doesn't play. I may be concerned for nothing, but I see them being somewhat of a problem if our injured star isn't back.

Also... how about the lack of true upsets today? Western Kentucky might end that before the night's over, but then again, I heard a lot of people actually expecting them to beat Illinois.

I managed to pick 14 out of the 16 teams tonight...made my choices by uniform colors.... :lol:

Somehow.. thats not a surprise...

Someone out there somewhere probably went 16 for 16 last night, but I bet they had to fill out 24 brackets to get it.. its all random possibility.. someone will get it right by the luck of the draw if they take into account every possibility. Someone in the world will get all 63 games right, but they will need to fill out 600 brackets to do it. That to me seems like cheating. I like our group only allows 1 bracket.

The 8-9 matches have killed me. I picked 3 9s to win, the one 8 I picked (BYU) got absolutely hammered by A&M. Butler lost a very close game with LSU. I have Seina and Tennessee to root for today. The UCLA/VCU game was decided by 1 point. A lot of the middle matchups are so hard to pick.

One of my sweet 16 teams (Clemson) is already out.